Scanner Reports 11-8-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The other day I was researching a deceased family member I had not seen since I was a kid, my father's sister. When my father died I had not seen her much since my mother's side of the family, the Irish, thought they were better than my father's side of the family (the Hungarian, Romanian, Russian Gypsies). I have always favored the Gypsies. I never knew much about my Fathers side of the family as many of them died young. Anyway, I figured out where my Aunt is buried and was looking at her grave marker online when I noticed another next to it with the same name, both with the same first names, "Helen." Turns out one of them was my father's mother, I never knew her name was Helen, my other Grandmothers name is Helen too. I never knew my Father's Mother she was killed when my Father was just a child. Then I saw my Grandfathers grave (my father's father) and his brother who served in WWII and passed away the year I was born 1958. It was a family reunion of sorts. I had a good cry. I never knew they were all buried there right in Hammond, I could have gone to see their graves had it not been for the bad blood between the families.
I was watching a documentary the other day on the Goleta Post Office shootings back in January of 2006. I was at Texaco that night with Kenny aka Shakey hanging out when two people who would not be alive an hour later came in before their shift. One was a Supervisor the other an employee, they went to the Nopolitos Post office before beginning their shift at Storke Road where the shootings occurred. While at Texaco we all engaged in small talk for a few moments. After they left I went home and turned on my scanner, a short while later I heard the shootings. The police had no idea where the shooter was at first and it was thought that she might have left the site and was cruising around town somewhere. I remember hearing Foothill Road mentioned. It really scared the shit outta me but I went over the Texaco and let Shakey know about it. I was scared to go home with the other post office right around the corner, I thought she could be around there but not too long after they found her, she shot herself after shooting the post office employees in Goleta.
There were two Sheriffs Officers in the documentary and both of them were affected by the shootings as anyone who responded to a mass shooting would be. Not too long ago I was watching a documentary involving those people who show up to Government offices and film them while they are working to show the public what they do. This one guy is local, I cannot remember his name but he lives in San Luis Obisbo and films in North County Santa Barbara a lot. One day he was filming at an SBSO Office in Santa Maria and one of the Sheriff Officers that responded to the Goleta Post Office shootings was on scene speaking to this guy who was filming him. He requested the guys ID because the guy was filming the Officer and surrounding area totally legal but the Officer said the guy was giving him anxiety because the officer did not know the guys intentions. Between both documentaries putting two and two together I felt for that poor Officer who went responded to those shootings as this guy filming him was indeed giving him anxiety. Thank the Good Dog we have Police Officers like this man Dedicated to Protect and Serve the citizens of Santa Barbara County. Here are your scanner reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Suspicious Male unknown to residents standing in front of an apartment complex at 1913 San Pascual
- Gas Odor outside Glendaserry Lane 2700 Block
- Audible 459 Burglary Alarm 2000 Block of State street
- Premises check McKinley School 350 Loma Alta
- Vandalism 331 West Montecito street female with a sharpie to a fence graffiti 7-11
- Burglary investigation at Trinty Church 1500 Block of State street
- Suspicious Tan Discovery expired tags, broken back window 130 South Soledad street
- Palm tree fire wires possibly involved 4900 Block of Nipomo Drive
- Gas Pipe broken 200 Block of Rametto Road
- Male on property of McKinley School yelling "West Side!"
- Med call 1500 Block of Las Canolas
- Keep the Peace in the 800 Block of Bath street
- Check the Welfare of a subject in a wheelchair in the roadway in the 3000 Block of DLV
- 10851 Stolen vehicle discovered in 5 Points parking lot
- Check the welfare of a male running in traffic on State street near Canon Perdido
- 261 Rape investigation Unknown location City of Santa Barbara
- BOLO Vehicle Thief WMA Short blond hair, blue eyes 6' tall 180 pounds, Black shirt, panties, shoes, Tattoos both arms.
- Odor of gas inside of a business in the 5300 Block of Hollister.
- Traffic Accident Injuries from TUESday One mile West of Rock Front Ranch Highway 246
- Hazardous Condition 900 Block of Arblito Road female unable to take her foot off the brake in a vehicle in fear the vehicle will advance forward off a cliff. I did that in my Cadillac one time almost went through the wall of Carrows got hung up on the curb.
- 415 Subject challenging customers and employees of Uncle Roco's on State street.
- Med call 535 East Yanonali the Rescue Mission
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Bright and Early 2 Earthquakes in Ventura 3.5 and a 3.4.
- 200 Block of Highway 246 Vehicle Accident at the Burger King.
- Keep the Peace in the 1700 Block of DLV.
- Possible jumper 4000 Block of State street on the Overpass, when police got there, there was no jumper they looked everywhere.
- WFA tried to pass a counterfeit Hundred dollar bill at McDonalds 29 North Milpas street.
- SBPD on drinkers 200 Block of South Milpas street.
- Vandalism Investigation 1100 Block of East Cabrillo the Bathhouse and surrounding areas.
- Three 3 Shots Heard in the 1200 Block of Gillespie.
- On a Subject State street and Broodmar Plaza then Code 3 Lights and Sirens cover then subject in custody don't know what he was wanted for but they got him.
- Premises check Motel 6 3505 State street.
- Check the Welfare of a female sleeping on the sidewalk 216 East Victoria.
- Med call with PD Response in the 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Female transient attempting to light a tree on fire in a planter 1200 Block of State street near McDonalds. She was last seen walking South on Chapala towards MTD.
- Med call 500 Block of Castillo Street.
- 415 Domestic Verbal only 800 Block of North Quarantina.-
- Premises check 2600 Block of Cliff Drive subject in custody shortly after.
- Med call 500 Block of Bath street.
- On a Bicyclist 1200 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Suspicious circumstances possible hand to hand drug deal in the 400 Block of North Milpas street.
- Code 40 Drunk stumbling at State and Cota streets.
- Suspicious subject looking in vehicle windows 500 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Gas leak in residence 6600 Block of Del Playa.
- Vehicle Fire highway 101 Garden street offramp Northbound
Rough Day Outta me for now...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin,Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Lola, Popo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, Lafayette, Ted, Bengie, Ricky, Willie, Mark, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger