Scanner Reports 11-30-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
A good friend of mine who was born here in Santa Barbara lives in his van, he was almost my age though a little younger but disabled like me. He cannot unload trucks or bust rock, but he does the best he can as a citizen reporter. Watching his reports on Facebook he is better than some TV reporters. Every once in a great while he requests a donation, a dollar a month would go along way as he has over 6,000 followers on Facebook. A few of us have donated a few bucks here and there, some cannot afford it and explain to him they cannot, some say "No" and that's fine but there are some who fly off of the handle and call him names. Of course they don't do that when he is providing the up to date news, this guy has a Journalism degree he is a real reporter. I had words with one of the Cheap Ones yesterday who just totally became unglued over his request saying some real horrible things, they have no knowledge of it. Pissed me off but I realized they were just a board Troll, unhappy because it wasn't Happy Hour. There are alot of those around here.
I had this job one time when I was a kid at this place in Munster Indiana, the Munster Car Wash, $2.30 cents an hour. We were at the end of the car wash there to dry off cars with towels. We were not allowed to touch the cars physically with our hands because we were considered to be not good enough to touch those cars, I did not stay there very long. It's interesting that some idiots think they are better than others because they have more, were born with a golden showered spoon in their mouths. Years later I would work at another place here in Santa Barbara the boss who did not like me kicked a dent in my Chevy. Imagine my Delight when I drop kick a huge dent into the door of his Fire Engine Red Porsche 911....Boy! That felt like a Million Dollars! No, but it was part way there. I got in no trouble because had I, I would have gladly pressed charges against him too. My friend is a Gentleman he lets that shit go, I'm learning slow by his example, very slow. It's funny that no matter how much you bent over backward to be nice to others they still throw shit in your face, I usually throw it back...That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and some people better duck.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Male yelling throwing trash cans 323 East Cabrillo several units responded.
- Trespasser in a back yard yelling for help 2300 Block of Edgewater.
- 417 Brandishing a weapon at City Hall then the rest was on the on board computer nothing over the scanner.
- SBPD on a pedestrian 100 Block of South Milpas.
- 10851 Stolen motorcycle 800 Block of Orange Avenue.
- Med call fall victim 300 East DLG.
- 415 Disturbance 1114 State street.
- Suspicious white powder on the front lawn 600 Block of Pine Spring reporting party thinks it's drugs WHERE IS MY STRAW!!!
- Check the welfare of a subject at PATH in the 800 Block of Cacique.
- 415 Threats Cottage ER Nurse threatened by a patient doesn't sound patient to me.
- Recovered 10851 stolen trailer at U-Haul 4100 Block of Hollister.
- 10851 Stolen Scooter 500 Block of West Victoria.
- Med call in the parking lot of Dennys in a car a brown Ford.
- Check the Welfare of a male in a wheelchair in the Lobby of the Salvation Army 423 Chapala.
- Med Call 1500 Block of DLV.
- Resident came home found an open door in the 3000 Block of Calle Rosales.
- Med Call at the IV Market.
- Suspicious vehicle 1990 Cliff Drive 2 subjects in the vehicle since 9am with open containers.
- Man Down med call 1128 Chapala.
- Vehicle into cliff wall minor injuries highway 154 at Painted Cave.
- Black and Mahoney vehicle accident Santa Maria.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run highway 101 Northbound Turnpike offramp.
- 415 Investigation Faulding Hotel between a guest and an employee.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- 415 At the Library Female on main floor with a juvenile refusing to leave possibly threatening.
- Check the Welfare of a subject highway 101 Northbound offramp.
- Transformer Fire Orella Del Mar near Ninos. Wire arcing in a tree 600 Block of Andy Lane.
- City lot 10 600 Block of Anacapa suspicious vehicle black Mercedes window smashed, SBPD on scene mentioned a Silver BMW also.
- Fire Alarms no Fire Cottage Hospital Alarms always go off everywhere when there is stormy, or windy weather.
- 211 Silent alarm no crime 1200 Block of DLV.
- 415 Subject passed a note at the Pepper Tree Inn saying that he was on Drugs...Wrong Bank? Wrong note?
- Burglary investigation 200 Block of East Yanonali.
- Possible Suicidal subject at El Cap Beach subject not answering his phone.
- Drunk Driver 1900 Block of Cliff Drive white Chevy Truck.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly male who may be hiking at Stevens Park he car is still in the lot.
- Check the Welfare of a subject in a Motel on the North Side of town some of the info on their computer so I will leave it at that.
- Vons Turnpike 3 Juveniles pulled a Beer run then headed toward the back of the store on a School Day I wonder if their parents are nimbys? I bet they are you see it's the most rebellious kids that grow up to act as if they are total saints later on but we know different.
- Female yelling in front of Metro 4 Theatres.
- CHP was requesting a SBSO Officer and a Supervisor for an assist at Trigo and Del Mar for an Unknown by me reason.
- 415 At Zodo's for an employee or former employee threatening a co-worker, Last seen laying down on the side of the building possibly Under the Influence subject is wearing Hospital Scrubs.
- Probation Check 400 Block of North Voluntario.
- Probation Check 300 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Vehicle Accident Vehicle rollover Ballard Canyon at Chalk hill.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Great Weekend..Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Tom Cat, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, Walter, Fred, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger