Scanner Reports 11-28-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I remember years ago when I first got here I saw stickers all over the place and some graffiti that said Skateboarding is not a crime. Back then I never knew anyone who committed crimes while riding skateboards though I'm sure people did. Every mode of transportation has been used committing crimes. A few years ago I starting hearing of skateboards used as weapons, people getting clobbered over the head some robberies here and there. In the past week, I heard of three crimes involving a gang of skateboarders, all 3 on State street one pretty minor the other 2 a little more serious. La Cumbre at State was a 415 Disturbance call sounded like the skateboarders were just being annoying, they were gone by the time police responded. Then there was a gang of shoplifters in the 600 Block of State street followed by a leader HMJ with bleach blond hair, they all took something from one store and left South on State Street, they might have done it before too. Then the report of skateboarders on the State Street overpass dropping M-80's on vehicles, sounds minor almost funny until you consider all the people that have served in the Military some have (PTSD) Post Traumatic Street Disorder, and what if one of those folks were driving by had an M-80 go off on their hood what if they were carrying? Would not be so funny then, would it? If there is a group pulling this crap I hope the police get the upper hand on them quick before something happens.
Heard a call this morning that campers were blocking the sidewalk near Car Stereo Guys up the hillside, went by later What a mess! Looked like they had a party. When I camped I cleaned up after myself not those guys they made a mess. The City cleans that up, some police officers too, kinda gives camping a bad name treating the land like crap after you have slept on it. It sounded like part of it was on the property of the business. Their guys come to work and before they start their own work they have to clean up someone else's, kind of a bummer. I used to like to start my day vegetating with a cup of coffee or 3 Triple Espressos before I started working. I walked passed on my way to Rite Aide looked bad on the way back someone was sitting in the middle of it not making a move to clean it up. I cannot remember a time that I did not clean up my camp...Having any respect for other people will that sucks but that has been going on for Sometimes at least have respect for the land. That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm sticking to them.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 415 Fight 2 Sisters ones drunk fight went on a long time it seemed 100 Block of Kinnaman in Goleta, Medics responded for an Assault victim.
- Med Call 1300 Block of Pitos seizures.
- 459 Burglary investigation 2100 Block of Oak Park Lane.
- Unknown type Med call 3800 Block of Mason Road.
- 415 Son yelling scaring his Mother who is locked in a room 100 Block of Highway 246.
- Road Rage in a Ford Edge on Montecito street from Milpas street subject blocking challenging others HMA sounds like the guy is on the Edge.
- Unknown if injury traffic accident San Andres at Micheltorena.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle 700 Block of Linden in Carpinteria.
- Check the welfare of a male laying on the ground wearing headphones on Santa Catalina did not sound like Santa Barbara.
- OverDose on Storke Road in IV.
- Animal control call at the Fig Tree 100 Block of West Montecito I guess they have had enough of dogs watering the tree.
- 314 Indecent exposure male flashing construction workers near the boys and girls club I did not hear the beginning of the call though I did here he was caught and arrested at the 700 Block of East Haley.
- Santa Barbara at Pueblo Streets 2000s non-injury hit and run subject having a medical emergency Fire department and Medics responded, maybe they did not know they hit someone.
- SBPD on a Bicyclist 200 Block of South Milpas closer to the railroad tracks.
- Med call unknown type 516 UCSB Rec center.- Hand to Hand Drug Transaction in a Parking lot somewhere in Santa Barbara if you made a Hand to Hand Dope deal in a parking lot in Santa Barbara on MONday this was you.
- SBPD on Skateboarders in the basement of lot 9.
- Property blocking a sidewalk 130 North Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Suicidal Subject threatening to jump from the La Cumbre over pass, when police responded he wasn't there, nor was he at the Los Positas over crossing as he told a friend when he was drunk he was going to jump from one of the overpasses police responded to his home in the 1100 Block of San Pascual he was there not sure what happened after that.
- Subject cutting himself with a knife then brandishing it in the 3900 Block of State street He brandished the knife on someone police were called Fire and Medics responded because he cut himself don't know what happened after that.
- 415 Subject yelling walking Southbound from the 400 Block of State street.
- 100 Block of North Pacific overdose.
- Fall victim 600 Block of East DLG.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 1800 Block of Grand Avenue 2 vehicles in a construction zone.
- 415 La Cumbre Middle School a woman trying to take her daughter from school unknown circumstances
- Subject harassing customers at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Unknown by me 415 Anapamu at San Pascual.
- A subject kicked the toilet at Starbucks 1235 State street last seen heading toward the Public Market 415 subject disturbing
- Campers on the sidewalk blocking under the sign Car Stereo Guys 100 Block of South Milpas.
- 211 Silent alarm no rubbery 3790 State street Bank of America.
- Female in a wheelchair refusing to leave the Fuel Depot 101 Wast Carrillo.
- Bus Shuttle Northbound Milpas from Cacique says "Call police 911" or something like that on it all was well.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down close to the tracks Sola at San Pascual not close enough to stop the trains.
- SBPD on a subject Chapala at Yanonali.
- AWOL Student from Lakeview Junior High School.
- Theft of Alcohol from CVS 3900 Block of State street suspect BMA in his 40's.
- 415 At the Reef Motel in Carpinteria California 415 between a guest and the clerk. That is weird someone said Carpinteria does not put up with this sort of thing like Santa Barbara does 4160 Via Real
- Loud Music Complaint 800 Block of State street.
- Solo vehicle spin out Highway 154 at Zaca Station.
- Med Call Buena Vista Care center.
- Vehicle Accident 101 South Bound at Santa Claus Lane vehicle into the bushes.
- Possible 23152 Blue Pickup truck West Bound on Modoc from Los Positas.
- SBPD Officer on a Check and Advise call at 1232 DLV.
- 242 Assault ex boss is the suspect.
That is enough out of me for now Have a great Hump Day and I will try not to think about it...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Tom Cat, Thomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head, One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan,, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger