Scanner Reports 11-20-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
When I was a youngin, every year just before Christmas, my Aunt Helen would show up and she always bought plenty of toys, candy, cookies and other treats for us kids. I still remember the Bump and Go trains she bought me seemed like every year I'd get one of those and her gifts were always my favorites. She also bought Tonka trucks, Train sets, Racecar sets Match Box and Hot Wheels cars with the track. I could not wait for her to arrive she'd pull up in her old black Studebaker. It was like seeing Santa's sleigh in the snow, she would come in the front door with bags full of wrapped gifts and treats for everyone.
Aunt Helen was the best thing about the Holidays, and GrandMa Bommy's cooking. Aunt Helen was my father's sister. She lived in East Chicago, Indiana by herself in the house she was bought up in, she never married but had a lot of friends and of course family though most of her Brothers died young. She would still show up every year without fail for her Nieces and Nephews and there were a lot of us: Four in our family, and my Uncle Ernie who passed away right after my Dad, had 13 kids, 3 girls and 10 boys, Uncle Emery had 2 girls but they were older than the rest of us. One year she bought me a sled and I had a great time sledding down the Calumet overpass. We did not have any mountains in North West Indiana just the hills next to the Off-Ramps and On-Ramps next to the freeway though they were a little steep us kids would spend hours sledding down them on the way home we'd always stop off for hot chocolate with whipped cream on top. One of the things I miss about back home is the snow and the cold though I doubt I could handle that cold without a heater. I don't miss the ice so much as it's easier to slip and fall. I may not have much in this life but I still have my memories of the Old Days and they were the best Days. Everyone should have an Aunt Helen in their family. I'm forever Grateful for ours and all the other Good Folks I have had in my life...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Report of a 459 Burglary in progress at the Yellow Belly restaurant early MONday Morning as the Reporting Party saw them on the video alarm but they turned out to be the Cleaning Crew better the Cleaning Crew then thieves.
- Audible Alarm going off near the 200 Block of Grove Lane turned out to be something else something to do with SCE. Edison was contacted.
- There was a report of a subject hitting and kicking a dog in the 800 Block of Shoreline and he was heading East on Shoreline but the call had been holding for a while or I would have posted it.
- Burglary to a vehicle 1200 Block of Chapala.
- Stolen vehicle found unoccupied on San Pascual missed address.
- 415pc Female yelling in the 300 Block of West Ortega.
- Premises check Los Patos and the tracks.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 2100 Block of Mission Ridge Road.
- Lewd Subject in a black sedan with a white roof 400 Block of East Arrellega sounds like someone called the police on the....I won't say it.
- Unresponsive male in a bathroom in the 300 Block of East Victoria
- A suicidal subject at SBCC.
- Premises check in the creekbed 800 Block of Castillo.
- Suspicious female taking pictures of cars in the 1200 Block of Shoreline.
- Audible alarm 500 Block of West Canon Perdido.
- Check the Welfare of a bicyclist bleeding from the head Northbound from the 2300 Block.
- Wires Arcing 1200 Block of Vernonia Springs Road.
- Code 40, Drunk Walking First block of South Soledad.
- Med call 35 State street Truck one responded.
- Garage on Fire 800 Block of Manda Court in Santa Maria.
- 415pc Subject in CVS throwing things off the shelves.
- 1400 Block of San Andres 10851 Stolen vehicle recovery.
- Injury traffic accident Los Patos at Cabrillo.
- 2 Males seen beating up a female at the corner of Portsuello and Las Positas all I heard about that Hope she is OK.
- Fire hydrant sheared at GVCH in front of the Emergency Room.
- Suspicious Circumstances camp in the bushes Highway 101 Northbound near Earl Warren 6 vehicles pulled over near by reporting party thought there might be drug sales going on there.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday
- Structure Fire 1800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Smoke investigation 200 Block of West Alamar, no fire.
- Smoke investigation 100 Block of East Micheltorena.
- Frank Units in Parking lot 11 running subjects for warrants snagged at least one subject with warrants probably more.
- Drunk Driver Unable to maintain lanes white Chevy Silverado 400 Block of South Milpas.
- Premises check Mesa Steps.
- 2 Female Transients fighting in front of Joe's Cafe 500 Block of State street.
- Subject locked in the bathroom at the Skate park 170 South Kellogg.
- Rancheria and Montecito SBPD on a group more warrant checking.
- 20002 Non injury Hit and Run parking lot at 125 South Fairview pick up truck vs parked vehicle.
- Med call Rincon Point Head Injury.
- Med Call subject laying in the street North Ontare at Los Pinos possible seizures
- Ill subject med call on West Mountain Drive.
- Man down in the bushes 1450 Mission Drive Medical call.
- SBPD Transporting a male and a female to the Amtrak station.
- Marborg Trash Truck Fire started downtown but Driver took it to Earl Warren for the open space smart ideaer.
- Juvenile problem at Lazy Acres 3 Juveniles involved in shoplifting and causing a disturbance in the store they got away with the booze but left their car in the parking lot. Call actually sounded confusing main suspect was 6 feet tall 250pounds had tattoos down both arms did not sound like a juvenile to me but times are different now car was ran 2019 Nissan registered on Encina in Goleta vehicle had history of drugs and stolen vehicle or maybe that was the kid? There were drugs on the front seat of the car they left behind they were drunk before and drunker now I would be very Angry if I was Mommy and Daddy and that was my car.. Kids are not very smart should have stayed in school.
- Hazardous Investigation gas leaking from a vehicle in the 1200 Block of Olive.
- Suspicious subject trying to talk to children on school grounds Monte Vista Elementary School school went on Lock Down.
- Med call 300 Block of West Figourea.
What a weird day some calls came at the same time and it was hard to maintain. The other night I had a nightmare probably from listening to the scanner so much. I had this nightmare that I was walking around town in a pair of white Fruit of the Loom UNDERPANTS. I got arrested in the dream too I could not figure out why I did not have any pants on in the dream it was totally weird I did not like that dream. White UNDERPANTS Alone totally nightmare I only wear dark panties that way I can wear them for a week because they always look clean. Anyway Have a Great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Willie, Mark, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed,, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger