Scanner Reports 11-20-17
By Roger the Scanner Guy
It's starting to get nippy at night now, I suppose it will be getting a lot cooler soon. I have ordered my Winter PJ's to help keep me warm at night. I think I prefer the cooler nights to the hot ones in the Summer but they can both be uncomfortable. The other evening I took a break from listening to the scanner and went to bed early, it felt wonderful. Sometimes it's best to just stop and let the world go by. A friend of mine, Jamie Huerta, also listens to a scanner and reports what he hears, sometimes he goes a step further and responds to the scene of accidents, and incidents reporting them. He posts on a page on Facebook. There are many people across the country doing this now as citizen reporters, but we are lucky because this man is very good at the craft of reporting. I say that as a fellow Citizen Reporter SNOT as a Professional Journalist. It is best to have several choices of where to go when one is searching for a breaking news story as one is not always going to find the answers they seek in one place. Right now Jamie is a bit under the weather and resting in the hospital in Ventura but hopefully, he will be up and running again sometime next week. From one Citizen Reporter to one of the best, I wish him well.
Here are your Scanner Reports, FRYday:
- Report of a transient attacking the cleaning woman at Blenders in the 3900 Block of State street. That was all I heard, I used to clean some places when I was younger. I cleaned a Burger King in Calumet City, IL. They used to tell us to keep the door locked because killers were always dumping bodies in the dumpsters that was back in the 70's. I never found one but whenever I cleaned places after that even if it was here I always kept the door locked. I don't know if that was the case here she could have been taking out the trash either way I hope the cleaning lady is OK.
- Driver Drunk at El Rancho market only description was a gold vehicle.
- Subject going Door to Door threatening to kill his neighbors 422 East Cota, Don't move there.
- Burning odor of plastic at the Franklin center the Fire department responded.
- Vehicle into a pole at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas.
- Neighbor stealing plants 422 East Cota, don't move there.
- Suicidal subject 600 Block of West Micheltorena.
- 100 Block of Oliver Road juvenile problem.
- Vehicle accident injury Black at Mahoney red tag critical.
- I witnessed this but did not know what was really going on Milpas Roundabout, 40 South Milpas, unknown type of fight. I thought they were having intimate relations and kept walking...I did not hear any yelling or anything.
- 4 Females hanging out the windows of a silver SUV North on Milpas.
- Male pulling a blue recycling bin up the street 900 Block of Robal Lane.
- Loud Drumming 600 Block of East Ortega.
- Check the Welfare of a man down 20 North Quarantina.
- Assault at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Code 40 Drunk crawling State and Haley near the Mini Mart, I used to crawl across Milpas when I was drunk it's a miracle I'm still here.
- Traffic Accident unknown if injury at SMHS.
- Female transient making lewd gestures 1209 State street.
- Subject with his pants down calling out to passerbys at the Faulding Hotel 15 East Haley.
- Medical call for a broken leg 201 West Carrillo.
- Domestic fight 1200 Block of Anacapa young couple in their 20's.
- Assist Bail Bondsman with a wanted subject in custody 3100 Block of State street.
- Vehicle vs pedestrian on North "H" Street.
- Possibly injured raacoon in the 3500 Block of Modoc.
- 512 State street Premise check.
- Camper refusing to leave a back office in the First Block of East Anapamu ongoing problem.
Scanner Reports, Saturday
- Embezzlement investigation 14 North Milpas.
- Traffic Accident Black and Bettervia unknown if injury.
- Subject refusing to leave the lobby of the Sunset Motel in the 3500 Block of State street.
- A landlord and tenant fight in the 300 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Non-injury hit and run on South Salinas.
- Doggy rescue on the beach in water 1200 Block of Shoreline.
- Fall victim medical call 600 Block of Linchfield lane.
- 2 Subjects down with a needle between them 3050 Las Positas near the Lawn Bowling.
- 7400 Block of Hollister a subject daughter is tearing up her mother's house for a bit there was a physical fight between them.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Vehicle vs pedestrian non-injury Storke Road at Sierra Madre Court.
- Traffic Accident 4400 Block of highway 154.
- Found property 600 Block of Coronel Place.
- Wrong way driver highway 101 Southbound in the Northbound lanes got off at Los Carneros CHP responded to drivers home to contact. Driver possibly caused another vehicle to flip while avoiding a head-on collision.
- "Moving Dolly" in lanes middle of the freeway Turnpike at highway 101.
- Carpinteria State Beach at the end of Linden subject exposing himself Hispanic Male adult I think they said he was wearing a hat.
- Domestic fight in the 2400 Block of DLV child heard yelling.
- 500 Block of Albert vehicle vs pedestrian unknown if injury.
- Non-injury hit and run 1400 Block of East Cabrillo.
- This was weird a subject crawled through a window and threw coffee on an reporting party in the 100 Block of West Mason.
- Fight Over a non injury traffic accident occurred State at LaCumbre, disagreement on Sunset.
- Fight Domestic 600 Block of West Micheltorena.
- Dine and dash 700 Block of State street.
Scanner Reports, Sunday
- Structure Fire response at Angeles at Aster for bushes and a fence fire close to a home in Santa Maria.
- Homicide by gunshot wound 2100 Block of "H" street in Lompoc near the roundabout victim was found in a riverbed....A bit later a description went out on a suspect HMA wearing camo pants dressed in black possibly armed. Medic's spotted subject matching suspect description at the 700 Block of North "A" street near Pine, SBSO at site of Homicide reported hearing gun fire in the distance, Lompoc PD radios Officer involved shooting 700 Block of North "A" Street, last thing I heard was CPR in the ER of Lompoc hospital. Saw a report that the suspect was D.O.A. But not having heard it myself I could not confirm.
- Medical call ill male feeling dizzy 1800 Block of Loma.
- Driver with open container of beer in vehicle at Cliff and Meigs driving a grey Nissan Versa registered out of Ventura.
- Road Rage Ford Focus driver intentionally tried to hit another vehicle a Nissan at Clark and Bradley in Santa Maria.
- Female yelling in a stairwell behind the Arlington 1317 State street.
- Male in a bathroom stall at the Visitors center Garden at Cabrillo.
- SMPD requesting Medics behind Taco Bell at 1040 East Main.
- Check the Welfare of a subject laying next to a bicycle in the 200 Block of South Milpas near the 76 Station.
- Domestic fight at the Lemon tree 2819 State street in a room female said the male hit her, then she called back and tried to cancel and disconnected...SBPD Responded anyway.
- Loma Alta at Canon Perdido naked male 2nd response sounds like he was in a wooded area behind homes.
- Code 40 Drunk First Block of State street challenging passerbys.
- Illegal burn Black at Betteravia.
- Suspicious male looking in a vehicle on Old Mill Lane 1000 Block.
- Possible 459 Burglary to a vehicle on the Carpinteria Bluffs green Prius with a broken window.
- Suspicious subject removing security tags off merchandise at the DoubleTree BMA associated with an older black vehicle parked across the street from the hotel.
- Medical emergency at highway 101 at the 154 in Buellton unknown type medical.
- Medical call in the Court Yard of the Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali.
- Domestic fight and Hand injury 300 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Domestic fight from an apartment in the 1700 Block of Anacapa.Code 2 Medics also responded for an assault.
- Trespasser Pedestrian in a white blanket on the Rail Road Tracks at Storke Road.
Will dat is all for this episode of thy blessed Scanner Roni reports stay tuned to this station for more Scanner Roni reports on WEDnesday...No longer will I answer to abusive and slanderous posts which will also be reported. Thank You and Have a Nice Day.....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick,Bommy and Poppy, Christy,Cory, Diana, Jim Marty, Cop John, Isabelle, Jerry, Rambo, Sherry, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Poe, David Cox, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Sweetness,Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday.
Nov 20, 2017 09:19 AM
Roger, Glad you took a night off, we all need to drop it all sometimes. As far as abusive and slanderous comments go, those people (bullies) are to be pitied for their low self-esteem and the need to be nasty. They think it somehow elevates their status when it does the exact opposite, shows up what fools they actually are.
Nov 20, 2017 11:07 AM
Nice and quiet no drunkin comments Cool! Thank You FLICKA I agree...
Nov 20, 2017 11:28 AM
I read "neighbor stealing pants, 422 E Cota don't move there"
Stay warm Roger. I hope Joey Cannoli is keeping you warm too :)
Nov 20, 2017 12:19 PM
I mean't to say plants sorry about that the neighbor has been doing other weird things too, neighbors can be weird Thanks for the comments. PS The negative voter isn't talking lol
Nov 21, 2017 11:49 AM
No just learn to spell.
Nov 22, 2017 08:44 PM
How do you know it's one voter?
Nov 20, 2017 01:40 PM
“Stop and let the world go by...”... That’s excellent advice, Roger!
Happy holidays and thank you.
Nov 20, 2017 04:14 PM
Your comment must really be bothering them FLICKA...Heeheehee
Nov 21, 2017 07:54 AM
Great reporting, Roger! Thanks.❤️
Nov 21, 2017 04:17 PM
I was also subject to a bunch of abusive comments recently. Luckily I didn't have to wait for votes against them, the Administrator removed them in a timely manner. Thankfully Ed does a good job of keeping these sorts in check. It's really appreciated.
Nov 22, 2017 08:45 PM
I was pleased that my supportive comment was kept. Thanks for your contributions.
Nov 22, 2017 08:46 PM
There were Many votes against them.