Scanner Reports 11-14-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Funny thing about that Homeless Trailer Park at Castillo and Carrillo is that a few years back I thought a place like that here in Santa Barbara might work. I did not think about it being there though. I thought about it being in a vacant lot that now has housing on it, Montecito streets between Salsipuedes and Olive, next to the Visiting Nurse building. I told several people of this idea but others thought of it too I'm sure, if not Pay Up! Like the time I told a screenwriter friend of mine my idea for a movie, 6 months later the movie came out. He did not write it he told me later on that he might have told someone about it. I missed the boat on that one, I try not to tell people ideas, I get so much anymore though I do slip.
I watch shows on YouTube about Homeless communities around the country either Tent cities, or small homes. I like the small homes the best, They are pretty cool nice little communities. Old Stobe the Hobo was a military Veteran and visited one such community, I think it's in Montana, it's self-sufficient too. The owner sells used vehicles and they grow their own veggies, etc. It would be nice to visit places like that someday though that was one of the things me and Belinda wanted to do, she's gone now. I might never get around to it at least I can watch it on YouTube.
If I had money I'd do something like that have a small farm or ranch when I lived in New House up by the County Jail. On General Hospital property there was a guy there who told me in order to live there I not only had to pay for Room and Board I had to work too. Everyone had a chore but I had all of the chores. I think he hired me out and pocketed the payment but no matter it helped me, gave me the foundation I needed to stay sober at the time. He might have used me but I not only stayed sober for a couple years I stayed out of jail it worked for me It was a great place.
All these years later I remember the good that did for me and I never went to prison jail a few times but never prison and no felonies for me that is saying a Hell of alot where I came from. The whole idea of a place like that might be out of the picture by now, but I would be all for it knowing the police have a substation and there would be a live-in supervisor there. Too bad that parking lot at Quarantina and Cacique cannot be used it's a nice size. That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS AND I'M STICKING TO THEM!
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Camper in a green van 400 Block of East Ortega.
- Suspicious vehicle in the 1700 Block of Clearview Road parking and dumping trash in a yard.
- Subjects hanging out loitering 28 Anacapa.
- Injury accident Carrillo Underpass.
- Med Call Vista Del Monte 3775 Modoc.
- SBPD on a pedestrian Cacique and Powers.
- Vehicle Fire semi truck highway 166 at Pine brush burned some too.
- 415 Subject disturbing 500 Block of East Haley.
- Trespassers squatters 500 Block of Peace Grove.
- Fall victim med call 1000 Block of Cheltenham.
- Assault and Spit 200 Block of West Micheltorena a kid escaping on a skateboard spit on a subject and rolled away.
- Subject refusing to leave Sandyland Reef in the 4100 Block of Via Real.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.- Found 10851 Stolen vehicle on Salinas Place a black Toyota pick up.
- Male yelling at Oak Park kinda weird not sure if the park would hear him or not I'd never yell at Oak Park I always though Oak Park was a cool park.
- Gas Explosion with no fire 1000 Block of Cindy Lane in Carpinteria.
- Vehicle rollover into a ravine 8000 Block of Happy Canyon Road.
- Check the Welfare of someone at Nomad Village in the 4300 Block of Calle Real.
- Dressing room peeper in the 900 Block of State street got away twice now he might have a scanner use the cell phones.
- Fall victim head injury in a room at the California Hotel 35 State street.
- Unattended Fire in the backyard of a house on Arroyo Ave possible hazardous.
- Dispatcher wanted the police to check for the mail on Indio Muerto but they did not deliver the male there on Monday.
- Drunk and Suicidal 40 East Sola Male wearing a dark blue shirt and shorts.
- 10-36 Frank vehicle Union Valley at Hummel must be stolen they usually are.
- 415 Domestic Assault involved Cabrillo Ball Field 800 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Dumpster on Fire next to a building 1600 Block of Maple.
- Drunk Driver female in a Mustang 6700 Block of Pasado.
- Possible naked male entered property 1111 East Cabrillo sometimes I'm not sure if I hear those calls right, male 40's or 50's WMA.
- REI 484 Ongoing thief HMA in his 20's or 30's inside the store SBPD responded.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 459 Burglary at the Marina at a business at Lake Cachuma.
- Vegetation Fire started on a mattress highway 101 Northbound at Jonata Road unknown how started.
- Mary 3 on a Traffic Stop 300 Block of West Carrillo, grey Toyota driver cited.
- Camper in the Student parking lot at Santa Ynez High School on Mission Drive, had been asked to leave Teachers parking area earlier.
- Found property 800 Block of East Mason.
- 3400 Block of Drake Drive audible alarm at a residence.
- Burglary to a vehicle 100 Block of Kingston.
- Overdose on Ortega Ridge Road 300 Block.
- Subject in a dark green Honda driving around Starbucks in the 1200 Block of State street motioning as if he has a gun.
- Trespasser 6200 Block of Cathedral Oaks Road.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly female who says she has no reason to live 1600 Block of Bath street.
- Check the Welfare of a male calling in for himself off his meds 1000 Block of Chapala.
- 23103 Reckless vehicle silver Dodge Ram swerving Eastbound on Shoreline
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Montecito and Milpas female driver.
- 23103 Silver BMW almost hit pedestrians in a crosswalk then ran into a Honda SUV 1500 Block of State street stayed on scene near Trinty church.
- 602 Trespassing near the Stop and Rob El Sueno at Calle Real subject at the bus stop yelling obsenities.
- 1200 Block of Liberty Suspicious circumstances they did not say what they were.
- Suspicious vehicle a white Buick Century 100 Block of East Sola WMA Driver reported to be throwing things at passing vehicles local address.
- 415 Subject disturbing at the City Administrator's office at Silly Hall.
Will that is all outta me for now I drank waaaaaay toooo much Coffee today, still have Sinuses, my back the whole 9 Yards! Younger Folks Don't Understand But they will someday.....Have a great WEDnesday....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengi, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY, STOBE THE HOBO, Danny, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday...Later, Roger