Scanner Reports 11-13-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
November is my Grateful Month. Grateful for good people who have been in my life, who saved my life in one way or another, there are many more people that can fill a month of Scanner Reports. I don't always remember them but they do pop into my head once in a while, usually around this time of year. I remember what they did for me: gave me life a 2nd chance, or in my case many, many chances. The first person who ever saved my life besides the obvious was a 4-year-old boy. It was the Summer of 1962 I was 6 years old or thereabouts upset that my next-door neighbor's had moved, their house was empty. My neighbors were doctors, husband and wife from the Philippines, they had a daughter around my age we were in love and would grow up to marry each other, so I thought. Too many nightmares in the house, their live-in Nurse Gale had committed suicide in the house, as a youngster I did not understand those kinds of things at the time. Now I know, Gale the Nurse, and the Wife had something going, the Wife broke it off. Gale the Nurse kidnapped the Doctor's only Child my future wife, so I thought. Gale was caught at O' Hare Airport trying to board a plane. I'm not sure why but Gale did not go to jail, a few days later she took an overdose, me and Sea Ann found her dead in the Doctor's bed. We did not know she was dead we was trying to wake her up by jumping up and down all around her on the bed, poor Gale. We did not understand why she would not wake up we just thought she was a heavy sleeper.
A few weeks later they moved to Munster, Indiana a few miles away their new home was beautiful and had just been built. The old house was up for sale and somehow I thought if the house did not sell they would have to come back so I decided to burn down the garage. I went down the alley behind our home through people's garbage and found fuel. One trash area had stacks of newspaper and fruit bushel baskets "Perfect!" I thought out loud. I took it all into the back shed which was attached to the garage stacked it up pulled out a book of matches, I took from my parents pulled out a match struck it and lit the newspaper, it climbed up the stack of paper and bushel baskets. I then walked away for a second looking across the alley I saw Little Chucky I ran over and told him I lit the garage on fire then told him not to tell anyone, he said he wouldn't but he LIED! I went back into the shed and as I walked in the door slammed shut behind me trapping me, I couldn't open the door for anything it was jammed shut. The inside of the shed was filled with black smoke and I could not breathe. I was very lucky Chucky went right home and SNITCHED me out to his Mom who called every housewife in the HOOD and the Fire Department to report the fire. All the Housewives were running with buckets full of water the Fire Department was 2 miles away somehow someway they got there within a few minutes. The women could not get the door open I don't know how long I was trapped before the Fire Fighters broke down that door it was long enough that I was breathing that smoke like it was air. At first I gagged and hacked but after a while I was able to breathe it. I was about ready to pass out suddenly the door flew open and the Firemen grabbed me. If it hadn't been for Little Chucky I would have been toast.
I did not learn my lesson that day either. I would like to say I did learn my lesson and lived Happily ever after. My dad really beat the shit out of me for lighting that shed on fire but he beat me for no reason too and it's one of the reasons I continued to be destructive. I had no other outlet or friends. The neighborhood kids avoided me after awhile. But on that day one of them saved my life and today over 55 Years later he still is a good friend and today. I am Grateful for Chuck Nejack one of my Hero's....HERE are YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Police were searching for an intruder in a home in the 200 Block of West Islay first thing MONday Morning but it was discovered to be a roommate, better the roommate than an intruder.
- Woman yelling "Get away from me" in Alameda Park near the Gazebo a male yelled back also near the Gazebo.
- Medical call at Golds gym in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Medical emergency on Santa Monica in Carpinteria in a grey SUV he was thought to be code blue CPR was in progress but he did not code Blue when Firefighters arrived on scene.
- 400 Block of West DLG 911 Hang Up over and over turns out her boyfriend was threatening to jump from the Ortega walking bridge but when police arrived he gave up right a way.
- Audible alarm on Ricardo Avenue 459 Burglary alarm, no crime.
- Fire alarm but no fire on Rincon Vista Road.
- Footsie pursuit 700 Block of West Sola subject cornered right away on Gillespie, never heard what he was wanted for.
- Found property near a dumpster but they did not say what it was at 136 State street.
- The City of Santa Barbara were trimming trees in the 200 Block of South Milpas on MONday-MONday Thank You for getting our tree.
- Vehicle vs bicyclist 1100 Block of North Ontare
- Report of 2 injured hikers on Santa Cruz Island, heard no more.
- Medical call North Fairview at Calle Real for a subject who had been strangled Unknown circumstances or condition.
- The Frank units needed assistance in the 200 Block of South Milpas.
- Check the welfare of a subject down 800 Block of Cacique street.
- Medical call 700 Block of East DLG.
- Kid locked in a vehicle at the Habit in the 5700 Block of Hollister.
- 415pc TRANSIENT Sitting outside Subway 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Premises check 2900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Code 40, Drunk disturbing near the ball field at McKenzie Park.
- Med Call PATH 816 Cacique.
- Hazardous Condition chemical odor in the 200 Block of East Sola.
- Scum Bag Trespassing at Starbucks trespassing he was warned not to come back the last time he was there he talked to a woman about 261pc and made her cry, 261pc is Rape.
- Garden street at Los Olivos street 23152 Drunk Driver being followed by reporting party.
- Illegal Campers in the stairwell of Parking Lot 10 600 Block of Anacapa.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Premises check 300 Block of State street.
- Suspicious subject 1000 Block of Anacapa street.
- 415 Domestic Marina 3 Harbor a woman chased a man away from a boat yelling that she had a knife.
- Unconscious subject in a vehicle unknown circumstances 159 South Turnpike.
- Vehicle Accident Highway 101 at Rincon Road.
- Vehicle Accident on the Patterson overpass vehicle vs Motorcycle.
- 415 Fight at 1130 State street one detained the other ran away Male Northbound Blue Flannel shirt.
- Fire Response for a Vegetation Fire Alisos Canyon at Highway 101.
- Transient refusing to leave the rear of Moxi 125 State street.
- Vehicles parked in a construction zone need to be moved in the 1200 Block of San Andres
- Illegal camper 100 Block of South La Cumbre
- Rosemary at Bettervia vehicle rollover
- Medical Emergency or traffic accident Catera Avenue, in Hope Ranch.
- Check the Welfare of a subject yelling in the 200 Block of South Milpas male black Hoodie, black Panties. nope not me I was wearing my girdle and it's purple.
- First Block of West Pedregosa 459 Burglary to a vehicle.
- Subjects drinking alcohol in a white or tan pickup truck 500 Block of West Sola.
- Male laying face down in the dirt Highway One at San Antonio West.
- Code 60 Vehicles blocking the entrance to the .00 Cent store.
- 459 Vehicle burglary Hendrys Beach Parking lot 2981 Cliff Drive suspect got away in a silver minivan after breaking into a white Crossover, Window smash
- Found property did not say what in the 3700 Block of State street.
- Medical call 3400 Block of State street.
- Chase Palm Park Expansion premises check.
- SBPD looking for a subject highway 101 Northbound on ramp at Milpas long trail in there like a 1/4th mile.
Will that is all outta me for now seems like I'm walking less and less on these old legs they sure hurt like Hell and my knees Ouchy Wochy Will Have a great Hump Day...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, David Co, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Pat, Mavis, Eddie, Bambie, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, John Havlick, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Nov 13, 2019 08:47 AM
Roger, I am grateful for you, the kind of person you are, and for your reporting. You are protecting a whole community.
Nov 13, 2019 10:37 AM
Roger, I am very grateful for you, not only for your reporting, keeping us informed with the news, but also for your intimate stories about your life. You feel like an old friend and I love that part of our "relationship" here on Edhat.
Nov 13, 2019 04:02 PM
Will at least 2 of you love me...I love you two.
Nov 14, 2019 09:30 PM
Roger. Not sure about love, but I do have a lot of respect and admiration for you.
Nov 14, 2019 10:59 AM
I have a pal who did an identical fire when he was young. His beloved grandfather died, and the farm he spent summers visiting was put up for sale. He decided if he burned the barn no one would want to buy it. Things got WAY out of hand and he was charged with arson and sent to a Boys Home for delinquents for 5 years. You were lucky you were saved, Rodger, and the EdHat audience is grateful.
Nov 14, 2019 01:05 PM
That is horrible killed his Grandmother...Poor Guy I ended up on a list after that and like I said my crimes did not end there it was the beginning when certain laws were broken I was questioned along with others.. The ones I was questioned in I did not do so though I was being drilled for hours on end I was not lying they never apologized as most LE Don't. I got away with alot of stuff but turned myself in after taking the child molesters life not right a way. I was really scared at first I told the right cop because he saved my ass and told me I did a good thing. Thanks for your comments...
Nov 14, 2019 12:25 PM
For sharing your wisdom.