Scanner Reports 10-9-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The other day I was looking at a friend's Facebook page, he had been a photographer for Lowrider Magazine and I remembered I bought one once it was a huge Pontiac Bonneville. I paid 150.00 dollars for it. I bought it from a fellow coworker at a company I worked at for a brief period of time in Goleta on Aero Camino the company was called Rolair Systems this was back in 1981. Rolair made air bearings for work on the Space Shuttle. I was hired and was being taught to make the bearings though I tried and tried, I could not get it right. One day while operating a forklift placing lead on our bearings to demonstrate our product to commanders of our armed forces I crashed into a wall "Forking it." I went off angry at myself for everything I was a complete failure I could not make the air bearings right, now this. I cussed everyone out but I was angry at myself I could not get anything right ever! Every job I tried I failed over and over again I was so frustrated my mom told me it was because of the encephalitis-meningitis I had when I was younger that I had brain damage. I would not listen to her I kept trying to work this was just another failed attempt.
I stormed off the property pulled out my car keys unlocked the car got in, put the key in the ignition and turned her over she roared to life. I sat there for a second hating myself for leaving but not wanting to go back in. I lit a cigarette the engine idling I was parked next to a driveway a vehicle in front of me I dropped it into reverse and slammed my foot on the gas. I heard someone yell turning around there was no one behind me so I put it in drive and burned out getting the hell out of there. Every time I quit a job, or anything for that matter I felt FREE as if I was not connected to anything or anyone I could just leave.
I drove down Hollister to Fairview to the 101 South to Turnpike and got off there back then I lived at New House 2 and it was on North San Antonio Road right next to the County General Hospital. I parked my car noticing a couple Santa Barbara County Sheriff vehicles in front of New House and 2 Officers there both looking my way. When I got out of my vehicle they approached me they asked me if I was OK and I answered: "Yes, why?" They informed me that when I left work and drove off my boss was standing behind my car and I hit him. I said what anyone would say "Oh my God! Did I hurt him?" They told me he wasn't hurt and he wanted me to come back to work. That really scared the hell outta me, "Are you going to arrest me if I don't go back to work?" No, they answered. I could not believe that I did that, I hit my boss with my car and he wasn't hurt. Thank the Good Dog, and I wasn't under arrest Thank the Good Dog a thousand more times! I decided to not go back to work no matter how many times I tried I could not make those air bearings that day after telling the Sheriff Officers I did not want to go back to the job. I walked into New House, several of the residents were there watching the Television. Ronald Reagan had just been shot the date was March the 30th, 1981. I wonder sometimes about that guy I hit with my car had he pressed charges or been hurt I could have gone to prison not meaning to break the law I let my anger get the better of me as many times before and many times since now I think before I act. I wonder whatever happened to that guy does he still live in Santa Barbara? Does he read Edhat? Is he watching me right now with a scope of a 30-30 trained on me because he suffers from unbearable arthritis from that day? It was so long ago I cannot remember his name maybe this is why my Arthritis is so bad things like this where ever he is I wish him well...To those of you with anger issues Think before you act, you never know when unpredictable anger can hurt someone, or take their life...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 10851 Stolen vehicle 400 Block of Dibley 2006 silver Volvo.
- SBCC City College 721 Cliff Drive alarms going off on campus.
- Vehicle accident on Highway 166, minjor injury.
- North Hope at State street at the Bus Stop the suspicious male who likes High School girls is wearing a red hoodie today and becoming well known to the police.
- 415 In the 600 Block of Olive female refusing to leave then yelling then code 3 back up for yelling all was calm after police arrived
- 23103 Pick Up truck with a blue camper shell doing donuts in the parking lot of the Old Mission 2200 Block of Laguna
- Check the Welfare of a male passed out in a wheelchair DLV at State street
- 415 Argument between a driver and a pedestrian driver almost hit pedestrian the pedestrian is having a panic attack at San Andreas and Micheltorena
- Vegetation Fire 20x40 feet highway 101 Southbound Mission street off ramp possibly near a Homeless camp investigator response for numerous fires.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- Subject Panhandling DLV at State street he must have awakened from his nap.
- Chase Palm Park Premises check
- Burglary to a residence in the 400 Block of East Micheltorena.
- 484pc Petty Theft and refusing to leave in the 2000 Block of Chino some thieves are not very smart
- Like these Gals 484pc Theft from Bev Mo 3000 Block of State street Two BFA in their getaway car a white Chevy Malibu last seen speeding down the alley California License plate.......And that is why they are going to be caught. The police got their number.
- Vandlism investigation 300 Block of West Victoria.
- Vera Cruz Park Premises check.
- Follow up on a case at PATH 816 Cacique.
- Overdose on Oxy 400 Block of East Cota
- Vandalism investigation at the police station in the 100 Block of East Cota opps I mean the, 200 Block of East Figueroa
- Illegal Burn on the beach 6600 Block of Del Playa Subject nearby dancing with two sticks.
- Burglary in the 600 Block of East Micheltorena suspect seen on video alarm and detained barefoot in the driveway.
- Guadalupe Church 227 North Nopal Suicidal Subject changed his mind was threatening to Assault people and was yelling racial slurs.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Alisos and Guiterrez Suspect vehicle last seen Northbound on Milpas street in a white Honda with front end damage.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Med Call at the Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali
- Med Call 1400 Block of Bath Street.
- Possible theft of a safe during construction 100 Block of North Quarantina.
- Today the Suspicious Male who likes High School girls is wearing a grey Hoodie, Hope at State street there every morning at the Bus Stop.
- Med Call PATH 816 Cacique.
- SBPD Officer is on a detail on South Patterson.
- 415 Transient refusing to leave the patio area at 721 Chapala street.
- 242 Assault near Amtrak.
- Med Call YMCA 36 Hitchcock Way.
- Possible overdose in a grey Honda in the area of the Hyatt 1111 East Cabrillo.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Calle Caesar Chavez at Guiterrez suspect last seen East Bound in a white Geo Metro with major damage on both sides.
- 415pc on East Sola.
- Premises check Cacique Foot Bridge.
- Non injury traffic accident blocking 800 Block of Loma Alta near Rancheria
- Assist a Fire Investigator looking for an Arson suspect on West Mission.
- 4 Juveniles on the Cacique Foot Bridge 1200 Block of Casique
- 261pc Rape investigation occurred on the West Side of Santa Barbara.
- Non injury hit and run investigation at Whole Foods in the 3700 Block of State street.
- BOLO on a suspect wanted in Grover Beach who may be in possession of explosive materials 422pc Criminal Threats, WMA 49 Years old 5'10 190 pounds may be driving a white pick up truck, or riding a Harley.
- Med Call MTD 1020 Chapala.
- Possible vegetation Fire highway 101 Southbound at Fairview never heard anymore about it.
Will a good friend of mine went shopping for me yesterday I bought the grub and she went and got it for me I just want to Thank Her, Thank You Jessica, she also reads Edhat in her spare time. She went over to one of the churches listed for food from the Food Bank and said there was no food only construction workers that was the place on East Mason so before you go over there you might want to call the Food Bank. to find out exactly where the food is. Also I want to say I applied for Easy Lift today because I need the help I cannot move that far anymore I'm in so much pain things are not good but at least there is help. Anyway Have a great Hump Day...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Willie, Mark, Lafayette, Ted,Bengie, Ricky, Mrs. MacArthur, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBIE THE HOBO, KFC, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Hancock, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger