Scanner Reports 10-8-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The other day I was crossing in the crosswalk having the right of way when suddenly and without warning a 1995 White Dodge Ram pickup extended bed with a cowboy behind the wheel lunged toward me. I jumped back and yelled my favorite cuss word, he continued on driving through the left hand turning lane on Milpas, had anyone been there he woulda hit them. I said a couple choice words, I had every right since this guy chose to try and take me out in the crosswalk for whatever reason. I gave him a little hand gesture down the street as he jumped on the 101 Southbound, not the middle finger. Na I got a little more class than that. I gave him the "Little Weenie Big Truck" salute.
The next day Saturday he was sitting in the Hamburger Habit parking lot watching me from the lot. I just looked back at him. I don't know what his problem is I don't know the guy. I don't know if he was drunk or under the influence of drugs or hates old people or knows I'm Roger Dodger and wanted to run me over so all his friends will buy him drinks till Midnight on UNhappy Hour. I did not do a damn thing to deserve when he did. It was a cheap shot at a crippled guy that cannot run across the street anymore or get out of the way of a 3,000-pound vehicle before being splattered all over a crosswalk. Kinda like that other cheap shot getting down on my shit for taking free money for being disabled. Hey trade places with me you can have it all: complications of meningitis, neuropathy, permanent nerve damage, the possibility of losing one or both of your legs and possible M.S. Yes you have that free cash and sit on your ass too try to cross streets with drunkin manics trying to run you over! 700 Bucks a month all yours! It doesn't matter that though I had many, many jobs I paid into the system for 30 years but that doesn't matter. Take my disablity and shove it, I'd rather WORK! That little mention about the Silly Council wanting to cut off alcohol sales at midnight, it might be a good idea I know the drunks might not think so but most of the crimes committed in our town are committed by drunk people. The houseless would get to sleep earlier not be wandering around till the wee hours, Cottage hospital would not be as full you can still drink at home jus saying.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 242 Assault on Thursday evening but reporting FRYday 700 Block of East Yanonali.
- Premises check 600 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Suspicious WMA in his 40's in a blue cargo van passenger door open seen around SBHS and SBJR reported to be at Quarantina and Canon Perdido.
- 415 Fight between 2 subjects 32 East Haley.
- An intoxicated subject at Goleta Beach.
- Indecent Exposure at Nookie Rock Park.
- Amtrak radio talking about an idiot playing chicken with the trains.
- Subject yelling at Montecito and Milpas.
- Bad Odor in the 3000 Block of Lucinda Lane SBPD says it's rotting garbage.
- Subject 242ed Assaulted by his boss Elm at Carpinteria Ave so I guess that raise is out of the question?
- Med call in the 1700 Block of Clear View eye issues.
- Med call chest pains front of the police station 215 East Figourea.
- 415 Over a non-injury accident Modoc at Los Positas.
- 415 Homeless subject harassing others at McKenzie Park 3000 State street
- Bicycle stolen in the 900 Block of East Haley.
- Non-injury hit and run 100 Block of Sycamore Terrace.
- Med Call female having DT's 600 Block of North Sapsitudes.
- Check the Welfare of a female down 100 Block of West DLG.
- Subject locked in the bathroom at Rustys Pizza on Milpas don't know why sounded like the police wanted him for something too bad he could not escape through the commode go for a swim.
- 242 Assault in I.V. at Budda Bowls.
- Beer Run 4000 Block of State street 18- Pack from Arco.
- Road Rage guy on Harley tried to force someone off the road then he went into Gelsens in the 3300 Block of State street.
- Suspicious circumstances but they did not say what they were 100 Block of North Hope.
- 459 Burglary to a residence on Calle Palo Corarado.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- 415 Verbal argument between 2 subjects at McKenzie Park.
- Code 2 Medics responding for a subject at McKenzie Park nothing to do with the 2 arguing.
- Highway one at Brown road vehicle accident head on.
- Med call for an ill child 400 Block of East Micheltorena
- Possible theft of mail green mini van involved Painted Cave van heading East down 154.
- 459 to a vehicle in the 1400 Block of Chino.
- 415 Argument at La Mesa Park after a dog bit a 2-year-old child
- Premise check Plaza Del Mar
- Check the welfare of a subject on the Los Positas overcrossing with another subject who might be intimidating him with a golf club.
- Med Call for a fall victim at Mara Villa.
- 4 Subjects shooting dope near Los Banos Pool what a way to enjoy the great outdoors!
- 484 Theft from CVS 1835 Cliff Drive.
- Fall victim med call in the First Block of Bath street near the beach.
- FOOD ON THE STOVE 200 Block of Quinto.
- Overdose in the bathroom at Oak Park.
- Subjects loitering in the Garden Department of Home Improvement 415 East Guiterrez.
- 5150 Transport Cottage Hospital to PHF.
- 242 Assault at the Marriott on Storke Road Fire department and Medics responding.
- Subjects yelling 400 Block of West Guiterrez.
- 1000 Block of Wildwood overdose.
- Highway 246 at Campbell road vehicle accident.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 415 Fight between 2 females on West Carrillo.
- 415 Subject refusing to leave at the 76 Station. 200 block of South Milpas. The call was canceled; he left.
- Suspicious circumstances. They did not say what they were. 1200 Block of Cacique.
- Stray dialog from one cop to another..."Got your hand cleaner we gotta have our hand cleaner right?"
- 5150 Male running in traffi.c 25 West Guiterrez probably just had a cup of State street roast from RoCo.
- A body was found at the end of a driveway on Foxen Canyon near the San Ramon Chapel in Sisquoc.
- 20002 Hit and run. A wall and a pole. 4200 block on Encore.
- A suicidal subject in the 200 block of West Mission.
- Med-Call on West Valerio. Missed address.
- Possible 459 in the 700 block of Lynwood.
- Loud music in the 300 block of West Arrellaga.
- 415 Homeless guy yelling and raising his cane in the 800 block of Santa Barbara streets.
- 415 Domestic in the 1700 block of Sunset. Male and female in a white SUV.
- Homeless guy down in front of Starbucks. 1990 Cliff Drive. I wonder what he was advertising?
- Harbor Patrol with a subject at 132 Harbor Way.
- Para Glider down with a broken leg on Rattlesnake Trail.
- 1145 Suicidal female on the beach in IV trying to drown herself. Took the SO awhile to catch up with her and her boyfriend, but I think they finally did.
Well, that is all outta me for now. Have a lovely Monday...Saint Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John,, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengy, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory,, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on Wednesday. Later, Roger