Scanner Reports 10-3-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I-Spy on this guy on Facebook I knew years ago when I was younger and in a 12-Step group, he seemed to be the most troubled of the lot and the scariest, a head taller than me at least. One of those folks that don't know their own strength. He did not mean to break your legs he was only roughhousing. Anyway, I sponsored this guy once along with all the other crazies like myself, now he is in his late 40's, a Bartender, has family of his own. I contacted him once he never wrote me back. I think I said something rotten to him when I was drinking 25 or so years ago. Alcoholics can say the meanest things, I know because I'm a drunk, sober now. I said alot of mean things when I was drinking one of the things I don't miss about drinking.
Out of all the guys I sponsored this guy was the most unpredictable, the scariest guy. I was afraid of him all the time but they had this saying in AA to never turn down an AA request and I really believed in that. It was OK that others turned down the requests but not me. One day this guy called me up at home and said that he and his girlfriend were arguing he asked me to come over STUPID ME! I walked in the apartment and he had a loaded .38 to her head he was talking about shooting both of us, it took me hours to get him to give up that gun. I don't give a shit what people say about cops they are hero's to me they go through this kind of shit every day.
I have had a few close calls in my life this was one when it was all over I did not call the police like I should have. I took the gun back to the store where it was purchased from and gave it to them to resell, the gun belonged to the girlfriend. With this guy I sponsored, every day was a new experience in Drama. I almost bought the farm on a number of occasions hanging out with this guy, he lied more that D.T. He talked himself up and somehow you always ended up paying for it, he was abusive mentally and physically. Everyone had given up on him, I wouldn't I don't do that because everyone gave up on me long ago everyone needs someone. I was that one too crazy to know when to let go give up. I did not give up on people, everything else I gave up on but not people (now I'm retired) too old for that shit. I look at this guy on his Facebook page he has a family of his own, his kid plays High School Football, his kid is smart. He is a bartender probably drinks, no matter to me, either way, he has a life that makes all the difference in the world. Life and A Family he did it himself I was just there for him to lean on and BOY was he heavy! He was the most Unpredictable and the only one that made it seems like those types always do the quiet ones that act normal Watch Out! I'm proud of this kid but he will probably never know and that's OK. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Suspicious subject sleeping in a damaged vehicle in the 5700 Block of Hollister.
- 415 Homeless female yelling racial slurs in the first block of West Mission.
- Foster at Orcutt in Santa Maria vehicle accident.
- Med call Unconscious subject 3700 Block of Hillview.
- Female under the influence of ??? In traffic 3898 State street.
- Subjects involved drugs on the patio at Rustys 111 State street.
- Blue Shirt Camo Shorts running from the police on the railroad tracks around the Fig tree I guess he had to go the bathroom because that is where they found him in the bathroom of the Enterprise. After the chase an officer was looking for a baton which made me wonder if he dropped his PR-24?
- Bicyclist down on the bike path near the Bird Refuge injury accident.
- Drug activity up the creek behind the YMCA.
- A student ODed on medication at SMHS.
- Subject hit with a baseball in the throat at SBHS 700 East Anapamu.
- Be on the Lookout for a male in a wheel chair, serial Urinator outside the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf 811 State street.
- There was a check the welfare of a subject in the 100 Block of North Milpas but when the police got there he was gone
- Code 40 Drunk suicidal subject Guiterrez at Edison streets.
- Traffic Hazard large tree branch El Sueno at Calle Real
- 415 Domestic outside the main gate of Vandenberg.
- Traffic Accident on the Fairview overpass.
- Wanted subject with a parole violation hit turning himself in at I-Hop in the 4700 Block of Calle Real
- Subject smoking weed, and drinking alcohol in the commuter lot Cota at Santa Barbara streets.
- Med Call North Side of town, I think... A kid swallowed a spoon.
- Vehicle stolen from an employee of Trader Joes in the 3000 Block of DLV .
- 415 Family domestic 600 Block of North Voluntario.
- Assault investigation 600 Block of West Sola.
- 415 Domestic verbal 300 Block of North Soledad.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 415 Domestic male had a knife, victim locked in another room SBPDand SBSO both responded to the 800 Block of Cheltenham made entry to the residence held the suspect at gunpoint then took him into custody.
- Suspicious vehicle 1700 Block of Clear view grey Tahoe possibly casing been around the past couple of weeks off and on.
- Milpas at Quinientos 415 Male yelling.
- Abandoned vehicle hazards flashing Calle Real at State street.
- 415 Domestic 48 Broodmare Plaza, male left in his vehicle was 23152 Drunk Driver in a green Chevy suburban and suicidal he left the scene but kept texting back suicidal threats saying he had a gun, not sure they caught up with him but I think they did.
- Combative subject in police car on the way to jail or maybe the hospital had to be wrapped Officer pulled into the parking lot a 222 West Carrillo to have it done afterwards the subject was transported to Cottage hospital.
- Fall victim head injury Chapala at Cota streets.
- Animal Control transporting someone to the Animal shelter, sad.
- Non injury accident Los Carneros Road, at Mesa Road.
- A realtor found a door to a residence wide open and thought someone might be inside called SBSO to check 6100 Block of Cathedral Oaks Road.
- Check on gun shots heard in the 1300 Block of Rialto Lane.
- Med Call ill subject 500 Block of Bath street.
- Suspicious circumstances City Hall DLG Plaza.
- Med Call ill subject at Social Services 345 Camino Del Remedio.
- 415 Subject yelling in front of Rite Aide in the 800 Block of State street.
- Man with a dog refusing to leave the Library 40 East Anapamu.
- 20002 Vehicle hit parked car kept going De La Vina at Micheltorena.
- Vehicles in the No Parking Zone 600 Block of North Alisal.
- Check the Welfare of a male in a white van under the influence of ???? at La Mesa Park 295 Meigs Road well his welfare ended up in custody with a head injury not sure what happened there.
- 415 Domestic in the 6500 Block of Trigo.
- 2 Male trespassers in a courtyard at 125 East Victoria.
Will hopefully we will get some rain and the weather will cool a bit. I always preferred this time of year except now it's different because I lost my friend 4 years ago this month every day is hard for me. Joey keeps me company and he likes to bring his little friends home sometimes I hear things at night and I'm afraid to go to sleep probably wake up some morning with all kinds of critters cuddled up on the bed...Will have a great WEDnesday...Saint Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, LoLa, PoPo, Fish Heads one, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Mavis, Pat, Bambi, Eddie, Bengy, Ricky, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on FRYday... Later, Roger