Scanner Reports 10-25-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I might not have had a great life but I had a Great Grandfather who's the example. He set it by living his life right, by working hard and respecting others no matter how he felt about them, it made me the person I am today. My own Father had something wrong with him, an aneurysm in his brain and died young. Before he died he tried to be a good Father but some of his actions were so off track it was hard to know the difference between right and wrong. Right out of the blue one day he punched out, my Grand Mother and Grandfather did not raise a hand to him. Her Brother was a Hammond cop and he threw him in the City jail for a day. I never really understood why more wasn't done to him, or why my Grandfather did not waste him. My Grandfather had incredible restraint when it came to his anger. He'd say a few cuss words but never go beyond that, I never saw him blow up at anyone or become violent. He would turn red say a few things and that was it. When he became short with his wife it was funny he'd say something like Jesus Christ Helen, a few other things. Then that was all not violent at all. I loved the way he talked on the phone he would say what he had to say then hang up. He would call you up ask you a question and you'd be Jibber Jabbing away and he had already hung up.
Funny thing when I was writing this I was looking at the keyboard and when I looked up the dialogue was gone. His spirit must be nearby. My Grand Parents would have their friends over and they would all play cards have a few drinks and get tipsy and argue back and forth. There would be my Aunt June, my Grandfather's Sister, Father Zimmerman a Priest from Notre Dame in South Bend, he always brought Joseph his French Poodle, Some of the Neighbors, Roger a Coach from the local Catholic High School, My Uncle John by this time he was a State Rep., Uncles, Aunts, My Mom and Dad. I loved watching them play cards and talk smack back and forth. An added plus my Grandmother had candy dishes all over the house over flowing with candy the good kind Brach's. The fridge in the basement filled with pop, beer, and wine, sometimes I'd sneak down there and.
I'm getting off track here. Anyway when someone really pisses me off and after I get through all the muck of bad thoughts I remember my Grand Father "Poppy" who never blew his top and beat the crap out of anyone or ripped the house apart like my Dad, or Step Dad, his example is why I'm not drunk, or in prison. Sometimes I feel bad because I never had much in my life, never owned a house or a new car but having Poppy as my Grand Father makes all the difference in the world. My Grandmother too Helen and Russell aka Bommy and Poppy my older Sister Sue Ellen gave them those names when she was a little girl after that everyone called them Bommy and Poppy two of the greatest people in the world I could have nothing but I had them in my life better than winning the Lottery. HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Contacting a subject in the Sunkin Gardens
- Check the Welfare of a driver passed out at the Wheel Canon Perdido and State street
- Fire Alarms going off no fire 500 Block of East Arrellaga street
- 535 Castillo at the DMV Vehicle into a wall in the parking lot injury accident.
- Smoke odor inside Starbucks in the 3900 Block of State street.
- Vehicle and Vegetation Fire 500 Block of Dolores Drive
- 415pc Female on a front porch hitting a door in the 200 Block of North Milpas street
- Minor injury accident Calle Fresno at San Roque
- There was an incident at Macy's I believe in the parking lot I missed it but when it was all said and done 3 people were in custody, 3805 State street.
- A motorcyclist on a green Motorcycle evaded a police officer Eastbound on Meigs from Cliff Drive.
- Fall victim on the sidewalk Unconscious in the 300 Block of West Carrillo
- 3 Subjects in the 800 Block of Shoreline with drugs a female with a needle, males smoking THE WEED!
- Female transient spitting on people at McDonalds 29 North Milpas street in the parking lot a little while after this call there was a female standing in the middle of the sidewalk across the street she wouldn't move I think I ran her over with my walker I might have been texting.
- Subject with a warrant 500 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Nopolitos and Quarantina code 40, Drunk in custody.
- Subject trespassing 2nd response address in the 700 Block of Cacique street.
- Check the Welfare of a child left in a vehicle that was running in the 2000 Block of Cliff Drive black Infinity outside a Bagel Store.
- Mutual aide Fire Engine 4436 Calle Real County Jail unknown what kind of call it was.
- 3200 Block of Morning Ridge Rattlesnake call.
- Female transient wearing a cowboy hat on her head in the Lobby disturbing 630 Garden street.
- 400 Block of Anacapa street barking dog and loud music.
- 459 To a Vehicle Burglary in the parking lot of the old Mission 2200 Block of Laguna
- Minor injury accident Sola at Chapala.
- Overdose at a residence in the 900 Block of San Pascual
- Unresponsive subject in a vehicle 2200 Block of Los Canolas Medical.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly female Cota at Anacapa streets.
- Junipero at DLV, Injury Traffic Accident 2 Vehicles involved.
- Subject refusing to pay for a meal, employee refusing to return credit card in the 300 Block of North Milpas street, restaurant
- Vehicle theft 2019 Silver Silverado 1000 Block of Coast Village Road police found the vehicle a couple hours later on San Leonardo.
- Ocean Rescue 600 Block of East Harbor Blvd in Ventura after a subject jumped off the pier
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Check the 600 Block of State street for a male and female walking Southbound who were seen on a video, on Edhat wanted for theft. The male is in his 60's and wearing white shoes....All I heard.
- Coast Village Road has been getting alot of attention by thieves recently it's starting to sound like the new State street. Coast Village Road Chevron 1085 CVR Male seen tampering with a vehicle early Thursday Morning HMA, Tattoos in his 20's or 30's.
- Overdose 900 Block of Thompson Blvd in Ventura.
- Motorcyclist Down First Block of East Victoria.
- Premises check McKinley School.
- Med call 200 Block of West Haley.
- Injury traffic accident Calle Palo Colorado and Foothill.
- Hit and Run San Roque Post Office witness following suspect who is driving recklessly to get away in the San Roque HOOD. Vehicle is a Hyundai Coupe with a personal license plate the police have and it's only a matter of time the suspect vehicle pulled into a driveway on Camino Verde on the street that the vehicle is registered. The victim only wanted to exchange insurance info nice on their part not everyone is a dirt bag in town. Possible DUI
- Medical call 423 Chapala the Salvation Army.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist Calle Lauries at DLV.
- Smoke investigation but none found at Alisos and Cacique streets
- Stolen vehicle located on Depot Road.
- 415pc Transient disturbing and challenging people to fight in the 100 Block of North Milpas holding an open container.
- Premises check Bath street at the Rail Road Tracks.
- Bicyclist seen riding her bicycle along the tracks stopped for trespassing on the tracks.
- McKenzie Park Premises check.
- Med call 300 Block of South Salinas street.
- Code 2 Medics for a code 40, in the 700 Block of State street.
- Chad is Trespassing at Val Verde WMA 45 years old he was reported to be on the property.
- Silver Audi failure to yield to the CHP on Los Carneros thought to be headed to Isla Vista SBSO responding to look. Captured and in custody by CHP Cliff at Los Positas
- Unknown if injury Traffic Accident 1500 Block of San Andres
- Subject in the employee shower at Silly Hall 735 Anacapa runaway before police could get a hold of him South on Anacapa HMA Bidge panties.
- SBPD on acouple drinkers in the 1200 Block of DLV.
I like the heat compared to the cold when it comes to pain but sometimes though it is warm my knees still hurt like Hell. Oh will that is the way it is. If it aien't the knees, it's the Hips, the Back, the Neck sometimes it's all of it Sometimes people are a bigger pain in the Ass than pain....Will Have a Wonderful Weekend. Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two,Poncho, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Willie, Mark, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mrs MacArthur, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Hancock, John Havlick, Lettle Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger
Oct 25, 2019 09:28 AM
Roger, You were lucky to have good grandparents. I think skipping a generation makes for good relations, grandparents can bring children a different perspective. They have mellowed with age and sometimes relate to the grandkids better than the parents can.
Oct 25, 2019 02:55 PM
One time I almost got killed by a buck on the trails here never saw a rattle snake don't want to Ventura county those calls come in all the time.
Oct 25, 2019 06:46 PM
That parking lot at the San Roque P. O. can be a real drag. I'm not at all surprised someone got hit. Glad they got the perp. Many thanks to the witness who took it upon him/herself to follow the reckless driver. Good job.