Scanner Reports 10-22-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I read some disturbing news over the weekend about a police officer who was shot dead checking on a suspicious vehicle parked in a parking lot of a middle school in the state of Georgia. I hear suspicious vehicle calls a couple dozen times a day or more around here and no wonder some calls require more response than others. No one knows who is in some of those cars until they get there and like this poor police officer they might not even find out who's in 'em before the bad guys start shooting.
A lot of the suspicious vehicle calls around here that are occupied by subjects are from out of town, or homeless people looking for a place to camp. You cannot always tell who is in the vehicle by running the license plate. the car could have been sold from one subject to another and not registered yet or it could be an unreported hot vehicle, hot = stolen. Anyway, never let your guard down even if you think you know someone's all right, they could have had a bad day and don't care anymore.
I love watching these train riding videos on YouTube, seems like Stobe was the best but there are others who ride the rails to film their adventures and put them on YouTube. When I traveled when I was younger I thumbed it. Seems like this would have been so much better on a freight train alone: solitude is gold, though the trains are scary one has to always be alert to the BULL aka Railroad Police, and dangers of riding especially on a suicide car. I will never forget busting a seal on a box car when I was a runaway kid, opening up that train and it was filled with PBR beer there were a few of us runaways there and we got a dozen cases or so enough to get drunk on a couple days. Must have been a thousand cases of beer on that boxcar but we got enough. We got chased by RailRoad workers but got away no doubt they probably took some too and said we got more then we did. To this day though I no longer drink, I get a good feeling when I see a 12 -Pack of PBR in the fridge in the stores.
Will I'm ill lately not a hundred percent sure what is going on, going to the doctor tomorrow and if I don't get better soon I'm gonna go see a specialist. I don't like being sick, some of the aches and pains are a little scary, but I am getting old and that is just the way it is I guess. Keep it Simple, Live by the Book everything will be OK...That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm sticking to them.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Code 60, 1300 Block of Pitos.
- Non injury traffic accident one party did not have insurance Sola and Anacapa.
- Suspicious circumstances Sansums Parking lot 51 Hitchcock, suspicious vehicle and subject in it.
- Premise check McKenzie Park.
- Choplifter in custody Tri County produce.
- Thieves stealing bicycles Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Audible Alarm 1200 Block of Mission Ridge Road.
- Brush Fire Tanglewood near a structure Santa Maria.
- 415 Domestic Camela Lane 3900 Block.
- Premises check 5 points stolen goods found
- Possible heat stroke on the patio Louise Lowry Davis center 1200 Block of DLV.
- Suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of the Bottle Shop 1200 Block of CVR.
- Check the welfare of a subject sitting in a wheel chair for 2 days outside motel 6 3505 State street.
- 415 Fight over a possible theft of a rubber ducky in the first block of East Haley.
- Non injury accident involving city property at Fire Station One Firehouse.
- 20002 investigation Trader Joes 3000 Block of DLV.
- Heroin od 1000 Block of East Mason.
- 415 Domestic 500 Block of West Canon Perdido.
- SBSO Officer requests back up for subject walking on the tracks from Look Out Park for Safety reasons.
- Suspicious subject in 484 300 Block of West Canon Perdido WMA 50's with a silver bicycle.
Scanner Reports, Saturday
- Subject with some kind of laceration or something covered in blood possible head injury Fire department and the Medics staged while SBSO made sure everything was OK All quiet after that nothing was said on how it happened who did it or what 200 Block of Winchester Canyon Road.
- Med call code 2 SMPD 1100 Block of Betteravia.
- SBPD officer escorted a juvenile to Cottage ER.
- Fire alarm no fire 700 Block of Old Mill Lane.
- 415 Domestic on Camino De Vida.
- Brush Fire Ray Road at West Main.
- Riverside at Division San Luis Vege fire.
- 242 Assault 21 East Sola Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Blue Mustang hit and ran a traffic light and drove away followed by reporting party to the 600 Block of Pico. Mustang had heavy front end damage.
- Dead Body on the Beach off Camino Del Sur in IV.
- Hazmat call possible ammonia leak 1300 Block of La Brea.
- Med call alcohol poisoning 3900 Block of Via Diego.
- Med call subject slumped over the wheel Northbound 101 just South of the Tunnel.
- UNattended 5 year old child in the 500 Block of West Carrillo check the welfare.
- Sucidal subject in a vehicle in the GVCH Parking lot banging their head against the window.
- Naked subject at the end of Mesa School Lane.
- Truck dragging a chain sparks flying On Mason from Salinas traffic hazard.
- Juvenile attempting suicide by running in the street Indio Muerto at Milpas.
- Serena, Barcelona, Palermo area subject was standing in the front of the reporting parties house staring at him through a window now walking in traffic I wonder if it's Michael Myers?
- Subject in wheelchair refusing to leave AM-PM and hit reporting parties hand.
- 242 In the parking lot of RoCo someone assaulted a code 40, Drunk last heard victim was near Lillys Tacos.
- Med-Call near Rabo Bank 914 Carpinteria Street in their HoBo Jungle there.
- Subjects near Santa Claus Lane were celebrating a Wedding too close to the railroad tracks per Amtrak radio.
Scanner Reports, Sunday;
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in the 2700 Block of DLV.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in a driveway 1200 Block of Mountain.
- Loud Music 415 Disturbing on Del Mar Ave possibly over a megaphone.
- 415 Subject disturbing in the 100 Block of East Mason.
- Another 415 Subject throwing bottles and other items at Amtrak 209 State street.
- 20002 Non injury report in the Lobby of the Sheriffs station occurred in I.V.
- 415 in Line at Cost Co one customer spit on anutter at Marketplace.
- SBSO was trying to catch up with a vehicle I think on the 154 involved in a trespassing and Burglary I don't know if they ever caught up to the vehicle.
- SMPD on scene in an alley with an assault victim 300 Block of West Main requesting Fire Department and Medics.
- Med Call at the swimming pool Blue Skies Mobile Home Park 4280 Calle Real.
- 415 Subject banging on walls and yelling inside of a residence in the 1300 Block of Castillo.
- Med call 500 Block of APS.
- 415 Domestic McKenzie Park he said she 242ed him and pulled a knife on him ex girlfriend then she left police looked for her along time she called in to tell her side who knows what really happened? All I know is what I hear on the scanner. SBPD at her house now sorting the whole thing out.
- 415 Homeless man, "Dan" at Bath street and Sola.
- 415 Family 500 Block of East Ortega Sister threatening other family members in her PJ's...I'm not so sure I would feel threatened by someone wearing PJ's.
- Hit and Run no injuries Constellation and Burton Mesa Road.
- 415 Domestic at a mini storage business in the 1200 Block of Cravens Lane.
- 415 Domestic on Encina in Goleta.
- Juvenile bit by a black Pit Bull Madrid at Del Mar Fire Department and Medics responded also.
- Tree down blocking lanes in the 800 Block of Chalk Hill.
- Injury accident Highway 154 at Rancho Alegre Buellton.
- UI Subject Sandyland at Holly shirtless WMA 415 With reporting party trying to enter subjects room SBSO Responded.
Will still ain't feeling up to par gotta go back to the doctor on MONday hope I can get there might have to take different meds. I feel like just eating potato chips the rest of my life to settle my gut. Anyway Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday.. Later, Roger