Scanner Reports 10-20-17
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Funny how a crime is called in and once the police catch the criminal they are expected to figure out what happened as if they are all detectives. A good example of this was on Thursday morning, on West Micheltorena in the first block, a purse was taken out of a vehicle. The suspect was followed by a witness for several blocks until the police were dispatched to the area. They found the suspect and detained him. They were back to the scene of the crime, found the possible vehicle, but that took some doing. Not sure if they ever found the purse that the suspect was said to have thrown away. It sounded like they had contact with the witness but it seems like it should have been easier than all that. I never heard anything about the victim or why the purse was left unattended in a vehicle most likely in plain sight for the thief to see? I'm glad there was a witness that called in the crime and helped get a scum bag off the street at least for a while, I hope the victim learns a lesson about leaving her purse unattended and from now on holds onto their personal property or at least locks it in the trunk where it cannot be seen.
There was a report of a Prowler Thursday Morning in the 1400 Block of De La Vina snooping around a female White female adult 5'6" 110 pounds wearing black leggings, black sweater, multi-colored top underneath. I did not hear anything about pants if she had leggings on I guess she might be wearing shorts. She might be associated with a Silver Nissan Maxima. Keep your eyes open, they are out there.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday
- Ill subject medical call 4100 Block of State street.
- Theft of Newspapers Fuel Depot 101 West Carrillo.
- Rollover Traffic Accident minor injuries Conway Oil Road near the Point Sal Dunes.
- Suspicious Circumstances possibly involving extortion in the 400 Block of North Soledad.
- Stolen auto recovery in the 200 Block of West Cota.
- Fall victim head injury Vista Del Monte 3700 Block of Modoc.
- Male down Milpas at Mason.
- Missing vehicle from Cottage ER.
- Mountain Lion Sighting in the 500 Block of East Canon Perdido.........A few minutes later the call was canceled the Mountain Lion was the Neighbors Dog.
- Check the Welfare of two children at Washington School on Light House Road.
- Fight in the Lobby of the SBPD 215 East Figueroa.
- Theft investigation 3200 Block of Lucinda Lane.
- Fight at Rustys in the 200 Block of Storke Road.
- Domestic in the 500 Block of East Arellaga.
- Ill subject medical call 500 Block of Bath.
- An old car wreck was called in as a new car wreck in the 2700 Block of Gibraltar but it was an old car wreck. Must be a dozen cars down the hillside there.
- Domestic Blue Skies Mobile Home Park on Calle Real.
- Felony hit and Run Mission at State street involving a 2 vehicle accident.
- Vehicle vs a motorcycle Micheltorena at San Andreas.
- Fight Over a non injury accident Milpas at Cota.
- Smoke investigation from the 500 Block of State street turned out to be BBQ.
- Injury accident on Foothill at Glen Albyn Drive.
Scanner Reports, Thursday
- Lines down wires arcing 700 Block of South Kellogg.
- Vehicle into a pole, lines down 700 Block of San Miguelito Road Buellton Ford Expedition.
- Berryman truck stolen from 91 Fredrick Lopez Road.- 415 in the 1100 Block of East Guiterrez.
- Dead body in a planter at Sears 3845 State street Rest in Peace.
- Medical call code 3 per Engine 2 Calle Caesar Chavez and the railroad tracks unknown type medical.
- Dead Body in a van in the parking lot of the Natural History Museum 2200 Block of Puesta Del Sol rest in peace.
- Medical Emergency Garden and East Arrellaga street subject with seizures.
- Suspicious subject walking around Santa Barbara Junior High, Girls Inc, and SBHS ONGOING ISSUE SBPD has all necessary information on the subject.
- Medical Emergency Casa Esperanza seizures.-
- Suspicious subject 800 Block of Miramonte HMA in a black smart car asking uncomfortable questions, suspicious.
- Theft of a purse from a vehicle 22 West Micheltorena suspect followed by a BYstander and detained by SBPD.
- Female prowler in the 1400 Block of DLV 5'4 110 pounds wearing black leggings with a black sweater and a multi-colored top associated possibly with a silver Nissan Maxima.
- Trash can fire Alemada Park Sola street side.
- SOS OnStar request coming from a 2013 Silver Lexus in the Sansum medical parking lot 317 West Pueblo.
- 1600 Block of Castillo 415 Neighbor yelling.
- Check the welfare of a High School kid on the rail road tracks near Ellwood School in the 7600 Block of Hollister.
- BOLO Hit and Run suspect from Carrillo and Castillo tan Ford Focus Ca plate 4ZEJ??? Cops will get them.
Will have a great weekend.......Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Rambo, Sherry, Cory, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Tom Petty, Ernie Banks, and Chris Willing we will pee you on MONday-MONday.
Oct 20, 2017 10:21 AM
Roger, I've always thought it would be fun to fill a purse with dog poop and leave it in the car to be stolen. It always amazes me how you get all the scanner reports listed for us, big job. Thanks!
Oct 20, 2017 10:58 AM
Serve them right be better filling it with wasps...heeheehee I got Karmaed by wasps once all over my face I wasn't always an honest man....I just listen to the scanner to get the reports some can be interesting though like the Mountain Lion sighting downtown pretty funny. I heard a bear growling once in the distance and thought it would scare the scrap out of me if one came up behind me I'm too big to fit out my window. The next day there was an article in the paper about a bear not far from here. Thank You FLICKA. :)