Scanner Reports 10-19-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
[This is a continuation from Wednesday]
The man told me to take my clothes off and get into bed with him patting the bed next to him. For a second I thought maybe I should, maybe he would let me go, but reality came back and told me the truth, he was not going to let me go. He was going to take what he wanted and I was going to die. I took off my shoes and socks slowly and I kept praying. Then an idea came to me and I said, "I'm not going to do what you want me to do unless you take a shower, I don't know where you have been." Like nothing he hopped up and went into the shower big smile. "All right," he said, "Don't be long." I said "I won't." He could not see me from where he was in the shower with the shower door closed steam rising up I put my shoes and socks back on got up went to the door, opened it, picked up a brick turned and stood there a moment watching him.
I wanted to be a pitcher for the White Sox someday I thought of Carlos May and Joe Horton standing there a few feet away. I heaved that brick as hard as I could overhand, "Help Me God." I prayed aloud and there it sailed mid way into the glass door. I heard the man yell, I saw the glass, saw him lose his footing, heard a ripping sound and a thud slapping the floor. By that time I had turned and headed for the open door to freedom then I stopped turned and saw his bare feet they were shaking. I hoped I did not hurt him too ba,d I just wanted to slow him down so I could escape. I turned and gabbed his clothing and threw them outside under the front of his car. I looked around and there was nothing, it was as if no one knew what happened. I went back in the room ,he was still laying there, feet shaking, a weird sound coming from him. I was scared to look in at him but I did thinking he was going to grab me and kill me but there would be none of that. I'm not a doctor but he wasn't getting up, he had somehow fallen on top of the broken glass in the shower he was cut really bad his head was twisted all the way around and blood was coming from his mouth there was no way he could get up.
I was in total shock, I urinated on myself and walked out leaving him there telling no one. I walked down the street, crossed and continued hitchhiking. I went to a girlfriends house not far away and told her, she told her father and he threw me out. I wandered around for hours, found a highway, it was pitch black there were no lights. I walked along the Southbound side heading for home. I saw one of those telephones they had along the highways back in the old days in case there was an accident the kind on poles inside a case. I walked up and opened it there was no dial on it just a phone I thought it was weird but maybe the operator was on the other end I picked it up and heard a man say "Hello" I thought that was strange a male operator? I went with it I said, "I need to make a collect phone call to my mother." "What's the number?" the operator/Illinois State Trooper said. I gave it to him and waited I said: "It sure is strange getting a male operator." He said "It's a new thing." I did not hear the phone connecting anywhere and said, "Did you get the number right?" He says "We're on our way to get you." Oh Shit not again I thought, dropping the phone. I took off running there was really nowhere to go and before long spotlights from the cars were on me. Still I jumped the guardrail, fell, and rolled down the hill they got me.
Took me to their Sub Station and put me in the cell till Mom and Rich got there a little after Midnight and no one knew anything. Not so long after that my Mother dumped me in Forrest Hospital in Des Planes, Illinois, it was a Psyche Hospital she paid 125.00 a day in 1973 to keep me there while on pass. I told my Mothers Boyfriend everything that happened to me when I ran away, he took me to see his Brother Robert who was a police Detective in Chicago, I told him everything, He investigated it along with his partner and other officers. A couple weeks later he sat me down and told me what he had found out that the man was questioned in the disappearances of 6 boys who were never found and to never feel bad for what I did because I did a good thing. I did not keep my promise to God after that but for years afterward, as long as I lived on the streets or put my thumb out for a ride, I carried a small New Testament in my back pocket. I had more terrible things happen but I lived through them I'm still here.
I did not write this for you to feel sorry for me or to think of me as a hero I wrote this in hope that maybe a kid will read it and decide not to run away give home another chance. If something bad is going on at home tell an adult if they won't listen, tell a police officer they will listen. Police Officers are the heroes that keep us all in line. Yes I am a Catholic, Ramen..
Scanner Reports Wednesday:
- Reckless bicyclist heading North on Garden from Guiterrez.
- Non-injury accident involved vehicle City Hall 700 De La Guerra Plaza, Department of Risk Management.
- Check the welfare of a subject down next to a wheelchair in the 3400 Block of State street.
- Non-injury hit and run on Hollister.
- 415 Domestic in the 500 Block of Club House. Female beating up the male and throwing things at him.
- Burglary to a vehicle. A silver Audi in the 1000 Block of Los Positas at the Tennis courts.
- 459 Burglary to a residence. An apartment in the 300 Block of West Valerio. Apartments getting hit lately......
- Audible Alarm on Pine Ave in Santa Maria.
- Vehicle Fire on Highway 101 Northbound at the Clark Ave. off ramp.
- Premise check McKenzie Park.
- Vegetation Fire Highway 246 at highway one. Homeless camp possibly involved. Fire Department requested SBSO for help removing the camp.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run in the 5600 Block of Armitos in Goleta. Vehicle into a fence, old van.
- Med call Alcohol withdrawals on State street at Guiterrez.
- Male exposed himself to a female on Bradley at Foster Santa Maria Black male adult.
- Premises check Oak Park.
- Subject down and unresponsive in the 3400 Block of State street.
- Homeless subjects fighting with employees at 101 West Carrillo.
- Audible Alarm at 201 South Milpas. No crime all's well.
- 13 Year old refusing to go to school in the 1000 Block of East Cota.
- Anapamu at State street involving an employee of a business. They were gone when police arrived.
- Med-Call. Unknown type in the 300 Block of Ash street.
- Davis Center in the 1200 Block of Garden. A subject enjoying an open container on the patio. I'm starting to hear a lot of calls there lately.
Scanner Reports: Thursday:
- 1300 Block of Chapala. Keep the Peace.
- Mary 3 Traffic Stop in the 1000 Block of Anacapa on a grey Ford Escape.
- 1600 Block of DLV White Audi Mary 3 on another they got a ticket.
- 211 Silent Alarm at Union Bank in the 3400 Block of State street.
- Check the Welfare of a subject in the breezeway with an open box cutter at 11 West Figuroa. One in custody.
- 415 At the Museum of Art at 1130 State Street. An altercation between a male and a female waving a broom (probably trying to sweep him away).
- Disoriented male in his 50's drunk walking into the Douglas Family Preserve.
- Mary one on a traffic stop on State street at Pedrogosa on a black Lexus, Mary 3 heading back to the police station with a 180.
- East Side death in a residence. Rest in peace.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run in the Granada Garage in the 1200 Block of Anacapa.
- 459 To a residence on Berry wood.Burglary.
- La Colina Junior High suspicious circumstances Zebra 7. Was on it but did not say what they were.
- 20001 Felony hit and run. Investigation Cacique and Canada victim in Cottage Emergency.
- SBPD Attempt to locate a subject victim in a crime in the 1200 Block of State street.
- Code 60 vehicle blocking a driveway in the 4400 Block of Holly.
- Hit and run no injury US Highway 101 Northbound at Bettervia.
- Check the welfare of the homeless subject walking in traffic East Bound on Canon Perdido.
- Zebra 7 at the High School on a detail I assume SBHS.
- Mary 3 on a grey BMW in the 1500 Block of DLV.
Well, that is all outta me for now. Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear,, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head, One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger