Scanner Reports 10-17-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
[This story is a continuation from Monday]
I got kicked out of public school and was spending my days at home, my mother looked nervous and I knew something was up so I decided to leave. I had no money but thought I did not need any. My plan was to hitchhike up to Eagle River, Wis. where our family had spent our vacations before my Father died. I walked over to Calumet Ave and walked up the northbound on ramp of the Borman Expressway and stuck out my thumb. Right a way a car stopped it was a bright red 1967 Buick Wildcat with red leather interior, my Dad had a Wildcat that was how I knew. I looked in the vehicle, a older man who looked like my Grand Father smiled at me. I got in happy that someones Grand Father was picking me up. I immediately trusted the man but within seconds that trust was gone as the man roughly grabbed my leg and pulled me over to him he was very strong. I said "I don't do that please let me out, you can pull over and let me out." I motioned to the right. He laughed and said "I'm not pulling over if you want out get out right here I'm not pulling over."
We were in the fast lane a half of a car length behind his car in the next lane was a semi with a trailer, though I knew I would be killed I actually thought about jumping out because I knew this man was going to hurt me if not kill me and I was so very scared. He said "Get over here." I wouldn't instead I held onto the car door though there were electric locks and he had control. I could still get the door open if need be but 85 mph on the highway I would certainly be killed if I jumped out. I kept asking him to let me out he kept laughing at one point he said "If you don't do what I want you to do you will never see your family again." I told him my Father was dead and he said "You will be seeing him real soon." I did not want to see my Dad.
I started to pray to God silently "Please God if you are there I will never do anything wrong again please help me, please save me God." I thought of the pictures of baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph at Saint Josephs Catholic Church. When I was a kid my Mom took me it was one of the only escapes we had from Dads Sunday morning hangovers. The man got off the highway and suddenly we were in the country, corn fields Farms. I knew we were outside of Lansing, Illinois. I tried to remember everything and kept praying silently. The man said I'll give you ten dollars if you do what I want you to do."
He drove back into a city Chicago Heights, Illinois we were on route 30 there was traffic and stop lights as if he could read my mind he said: "If you run away from me I will call the police and tell them you are my emotionally disturbed Grandson and they will return you to me." I knew he was telling the truth because the police told me once "That family business was not their business." I was going to die I knew but I kept praying kept thinking of baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph in Saint Jo's kept promising to never do anything wrong again. Then I saw a motel and for some reason I said "Take me there and I will do what you want." It was a one story red brick shit hole across the street from a Zayres Department store in Chicago Heights, Illinois. He pulled in and repeated, "If you run away from me I will call the police and they will return you to me." I remembered but thought about running anyway, I wasn't sure I could escape so I stayed.
He went into the motel there was a huge man behind the desk he was fat and ugly and I thought he might be in on the whole thing there was no escape I was sure. The man came out smiling opened the door and this "Come on." I got out and followed him to the door in front of his car next to the door I noticed a small pile of loose red bricks I kept praying. The door opened and we went in I said "I have to go to the bathroom." He said "There is no window in there for you to crawl out of." He knew this place. all my options were gone I kept praying. I noticed the shower it had two glass sides the front where the door was and one side. I thought if I could get him in the shower somehow and get one of the bricks outside the door I could slow him down. I could take his keys and escape. I came out of the bathroom he was in bed naked laughing. [To be continued on Friday]
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- 23103 Reckless blue Honda Civic in the 2700 Block of Los Positas registered to an address in the 100 Block of North Hope Street.
- SBSO Call on a homeless encampment at highway 154 and Foothill. Being reported as a hazard.
- Subject refusing to leave the patio of the Davis Center in the 1200 Block of DLV. Smoking cigarettes.
- Semi Truck rollover solo vehicle accident on Highway 1 at Santa Lucia Canyon Road.
- Grand theft in the 3300 Block of State street at a business. A wallet was taken and an iPhone.
- Stray Scanner Traffic on an anonymous Law enforcement channel. Sounded life running water, like a gentle waterfall into a porcelain basin or perhaps it was someone draining their lizard....
- Grass fire 7-8 Acres total Tajiguas Landfill Road due to powerline down.
- Med-Call in the 5700 Block of Hollister.
- Vehicle vs pedestrian injury accident in the 1400 Block of East Valley Road.
- Small black Honda reckless driving near Ellwood School.
- 242 Assault with an arrest in the 3900 Block of State street. The suspect had a police record from out of State.
- Fall victim from a wheelchair on Canon Perdido at State street.
- 415 Homeless subject at 833 State Street.
- A vehicle accident near the Far Western in the 800 Block of Highway 1.
- Suspicious circumstances. Male digging between the roots of the Fig Tree and refusing to answer questions.
- Alston Road off Hot Springs Tree Down.
- Med-Call fall victim State street at Calle Palo Colardo.
- Med-call Fall victim Anacapa at Anapamu.
- Non-injury accident possibly 23152 Drunk Driver in the 100 Block of North Milpas.
- Smoldering small fire near Hammonds Meadow in Montecito.
- Injury accident on US Highway 101 southbound near Milpas on the 101.
- Sexual Battery investigation at the Police Station downtown.
- Vehicle into a wall. Possible DUI Driver on Hollister at Pebble Beach.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Suspicious circumstances in the 3400 Block of Richland Drive. They did not say what it was.
- Vehicle no parking construction zone. Checker unit needed at Quarantina and Union.
- 10851 Abandoned vehicle found to be stolen on East Cota.
- 415 Between 2 subjects with threats to 242 Assault in the 1500 Block of Garden Street.
- Med call in the 700 Block of Linden. Subject passed away rest in peace.
- Suspicious subject looking into vehicles in a parking lot at 710 Olive street BMA.
- Med-Call 290 Lighthouse.
- Juvenile does not want to go to school in the 700 Block of Linwood.
- Keep the Peace subject needs to pick up property in front of the Marc in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Traffic Stop White Land Rover in the 2000 Block of Castillo by Mary 3. Our new local singing Sensation!
- Indecent Exposure near Ellwood School male and female in a red Mustang gone when police arrived in the 7600 Block of Hollister.
- Premise check McKenzie Park.
- Fluid spill after a non-injury vehicle accident at Castillo and Los Olivos.
- Suicidal female in Carpinteria in the 4100 Block of Via Real.
- Suspicious circumstances at the Inn at the Beach in the 1000 Block of Orella Del Mar. They did not say what.
- Keep the Peace in the 300 Block of North Alisos.
- SBPD on a group at Ortega Park.
- Suspicious male in front of the Faulding at 15 East Haley then walking East of that location. They were waving a sword wearing a pink and red shirt WMA.
- Male face down on the ground at the bus stop at Calle Real at El Sueno.
- Grandson took Grandma's laptop in the 4600 Block of Eleanor.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
Well, that is all outta me for now. Have a great Wednesday... Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One and Two.- Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO! Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on Friday. Later, Roger