Scanner Reports 10-15-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Things at home did not feel like home anymore though it never was really a home with an abusive father. He loved me or said he did, the abuse said other things. He had been dead a few months or a little more when Mom met Rich and brought him home. Rich was a big man, though not as tall as my Father he was a year older, he told me he had played semi-pro ball for the Bears as he tossed me a football. I did not like sports though I did not tell him that. My Mom asked me to give him a chance, I was hoping he was not my new Father. Rich turned out to be nice at least on the surface, we would not figure out the dark things for many years.
At the time I was 12 years old, Rich made Mom happy, she did not pay much attention to her kids putting Rich first. I felt unwanted, I had been acting out for many years having endured my first bad beating around 4 years of age. By 12 years of age, I was a drinker stealing alcohol from my parent's liquor closet, a cutter using razor blades to cut myself on my arms, I had no friends other than some of the younger kids in the neighborhood and they were not friends by choice. I did not hurt them they were afraid of me because I broke the law committing vandalism, burglary, lighting fires in the ditch down the street, I was impatient with my dog, for my life was very unpredictable. I did not know from one second to the next if I was going to be beaten, or abandoned.
After Mom met Rich she was away from home more I was not dependable enough to watch my little Sister so Mom hired babysitters to watch them while I was out prowling the Hood. In the Summer of 1972, My Mother sent me to a Summer camp with a Military Academy in Wheaton, Illinois. 2 weeks of camp there and a two-week canoe trip in Northern Minnesota all went well until I got raped. It was really strange I woke up with another kid on top of me and raised a ruckus which injured another kid so I was the bad one. My Mom was never told by staff what happened and though I tried to tell her she would not listen to me, off to another Military School in the fall. Howe Military Academy was 5 miles South of Sturgis, Michigan in the North East corner of the state of Indiana. I was there four months after having been beat up by my Father and picked and bullied by other kids in school. I learned to fight at Howe and I started committing acts of violence there though I was molested by an older cadet. After the molestation, I held the drill sgt. hostage with a loaded .22 rifle. A couple weeks after that I wrapped .22's in foil and paper lit it and tossed it under my bed when a couple cadets ran into my room. I attempted to trap them, I was booted out of Howe Military school and went back home. I was enrolled in public school and ditched every day. I joined a neighborhood gang and committed burglaries and other thefts I got a girlfriend and she snitched us out to my Uncle who was a State Rep in North West Indiana but had been Chief of Police in Hammond for many years. My girlfriend did not think I belonged in a gang, for her trouble they beat her and stabbed me. [The rest of the story will continue on Wednesday]
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Male heard yelling outside the Rose Garden Inn in the 3600 Block of State street.
- A deputy caught up with a speeding vehicle on Highway 154 from the roundabout heading East it was doing 80mph not sure if he gave them a ticket.
- 415 Donald at the corner of Chapala and Carrillo sounds like someone they know.
- Possible medical homeless man not waking up -- left side of Magnolia Center.
- Code 40 Drunk fall victim from a balcony at Beach City 811 Cliff Drive.
- Medical emergency at the County Jail 4436 Calle Real.
- Female yelling for help 500 Block of North La Cumbre turned out to be a med call.
- Premises check Skaters Point.
- Burglary to a vehicle 1800 Block of Laguna.
- Subject sitting on Reporting Parties car 100 Block of South Fairview.
- Vehicle vs pedestrian 5300 Block of Carpinteria Ave, Carpinteria Middle School.
- City Lot 9, 900 Anacapa on vehicle rolled away crashing into another vehicle.
- Arlington at Anacapa injury accident Vehicle vs Pedestrian.
- A suspicious subject at Kids World in Alemada Park with his hand down his pants WMA in his 20's blond.
- UI Subject at Mc Donalds 3940 State street holding a syringe.
- 1036 State Street, Dog Bite Animal Control and SBPD responded.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run in Ralphs Underground Parking a white Accord registered in Santa Ynez involved. Funny, on Saturday there was a white Honda involved in some hit and runs also.
- 415 Argurment over non-payment of food 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- A male exposed himself near Rabo Bank 914 Carpinteria street.
- Theft 484 Adult male caught Home Improvement Center 415 East Guiterrez.
- Someone thought they saw the truck involved in the Deckers theft in the 5700 Block of Hollister around 5:20pm just in case it goes by again on Monday.
- 415 Fight 2 males one female no weapons 211 West Guiterrez.
- Suspicious note Suicide note left by a female at KEYT, Not anyone who works there or is known to the staff.
- 415 Family threatening to stab no knife seen 600 Block of Eucalyptus.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Keep the Peace at Cottage Hospital.
- Assault in the 6600 Block of Picasso in IV.
- Greyhound bus driver leaves the driving to the passengers...Leaves bus drives away in a car never to return. I guess someone was supposed to take over but they never showed up there was a mistake somewhere. in the schedule.
- 100 Block of Oceano suspicious subject looking into vehicles they have a white Ford Truck I don't blame them.
- 2 Older brothers both beating up the younger brother in the 200 Block of South Salinas. Not very nice, you're supposed to look out for your younger brother not beat him up.
- 415 Stephen Disturbing at the Farmers Market on East Cota. Sounds like they know him.
- SBPD on a group at Oak Park.
- 415 of Sorts 132 Harbor Way several PD Units besides Harbor Patrol responded. Thought I heard someone say "Protest" but that might have been one of the voices in my head.
- Unknown 415.
- Mother 242ed Daughter on the head with a dinner plate in the 1100 Block of Quinientos.
- Med-Call 5300 Block of Calle Real.
- 415 Sandy Land Reef Inn 415 Subject to be evicted from his room. Fun Times I used to do that I hated that job! Sandy Land Reef is in the 4100 Block of Via Real
- Check the Welfare of a subject wearing Blue Scrubs walking into traffic DLV at Mission. I hope he is not a doctor.
- An unconscious subject on West Main at Rite Aide not sure if that is Ventura or Santa Maria been hearing some Ventura calls lately on one of my scanners.
- Med-Call Unknown type Ventura County Fairgrounds see?
- Drunk refusing to pay his cab driver Cabrillo at Bath street.
- Audible Alarm on Los Tunas 1500 Block.
- 415 Domestic in a black jeep Arrellaga and Castillo.
- Female trespasser on the RailRoad tracks near Goleta.
- Male yelling jumping on vehicles Los Positas overcrossing near the on-ramp. Several units responded it sounded like subject had to be restrained he sounded 5150. He was taken to Cottage for clearance and I believe he went to County Jail I don't know why he was going off.
- While police were transporting this guy to Cottage another guy was at Cottage Hospital refusing to leave I think the police took him when they left the hospital that worked out nicely.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Counterfeit 20.00 Missed location somewhere in town posted just in case something to watch out for.
- Suspicious circumstances in the 2100 Block of Ortega Hill Road involving someone who did not want to leave a residence but they did when the cops were called.
- Suspicious circumstances open door on a new condo Chapala at Yanonali.
- 5150 Hold code 2 Medics for transport to Cottage per Officer of the Law did not catch location.
- Female harrassing customers 1100 Block of State street.
- 647F Drunk and suicidal subject left GVCH Driving away in a 2000 Jeep thought to be headed to the Romero Canyon Area WMA in his 40's with suicidal thoughts they wanted to make sure he was ok to check his welfare.
- Code 60 vehicle blocking in the 100 Block of Oceano.
- Prowler and stolen vehicle 600 Block of Ferra Way grey or green Honda Pilot with K-9 Stickers on the back pVXN5?? Part California plate.
- 261 Rape investigation GVCH Hospital.
- Juvenile problem 602 Trespassers Kellogg at Hollister skatepark they not supposed to be there.
- Suspicious vehicle running for an hour blocking a driveway in the 600 Block of DLV Black Chevy Truck.
- Elevator rescue one on board 1525 State street.
- Subject seen putting a big gun in the back of a white pick up truck WMA in the 200 Block of South Salinas.
- Med call Santa Barbara Inn Unconscious subject.
- Coach Started a Verbal 415 with Parents at Lakeview Junior High on Orcutt Road over a soccer match.
- Gasoline spill at Toms Gas a vehicle pulled a gas line off the pump 230 Highway 246.
- Fall victim Vons Turnpike.
- SBSO On a Subject West of LOOKOUT!!! Park on the railroad tracks. I just love watching those rail rider videos never do it myself though.
- 20002 Investigation non injury hit and run 800 Block of Shoreline Victim vehicle a Ford Edge.
- Audible 459 Alarm 100 Block of West DLG residence.
- Med-call 600 Block of West Cota.
- 415 Investigation 2700 Block of El Prado.
- 23103 Reckless driver in a dark 2010 Ford Truck on Los Positas from Cliff Drive.
Long day, that is enough outta me for now. Have a great Monday... Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Eddie, Babbi, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday.