Scanner Reports 10-11-17
I just saw the biggest butterfly. It was as big as a humming bird, even bigger. I wasn't high when I saw it either. Though if I was, it might have been bigger. I don't get out much nor have I felt too good lately. That was a treat! I was out looking for Joey who was copping some Zzz's under Gentleman Jim’s porch. It's kinda weird that I saw that butterfly as it will be 3 years since Belinda passed on the 12th. Losing her is something I haven't got over. I doubt if I will. I have not accepted her death. The reason why I never had a memorial was I couldn't. Seeing that butterfly slowly fly through the yard was like her saying hello to me. I know some people get sick of me talking about her; too bad. I don't care, I still love her. I never had those feelings for anyone else before in my whole life. I have lost many people and never felt the way about anyone I felt for her, I still do. Always will.
It's weird how Nature reacts when we lose loved ones, as if they have compassion for our losses. This isn't the first time I have experienced seeing a beautiful animal when losing a close friend or a loved one. When C.J. passed away, I saw a dove, also a large butterfly, but not as big as this one. The year my father died, we went to Eagle River like we did every summer. I was fishing off the pier, and no sooner had I dropped my line when a small mouth bass came out of nowhere and ate the bait. It was the biggest fish I ever caught. When it happened, I thought of my dad as if he had something to do with it. When I go, I'll probably come back as the Moth Man, I'm so big.
Here is your Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Public assist at City Hall, not sure what it was; kinda thought it might be an elevator rescue.
- Reckless white truck east on Gutierrez from Nopal.
- Missed the location of this incident, but possibly it was in the 3800 block of Via Lucero. A 58 year-old employee had threatened to shoot employees at work. A pellet gun and a knife was found in his backpack.
- Disturbance between a subject with a wolf and another subject, Hendry’s Beach.
- Overdose, Motel 6 on Via Real in Carpinteria.
- Burglary on San Gordiano.
- Check the Welfare of a subject laying behind a retaining wall in the 200 block of East Valerio.
- Non injury accident 209 State Street.
- Three vehicle traffic accident, non-injury, 1300 block of East Cabrillo.
- Tree branch on the tracks, Camarillo. Heard that on my Amtrak channel.
- Motorist hit a parked vehicle on Valdez, possible drunk driver.
- Customer disturbed at the .99 Cent Store.
- Domestic which resulted in auto theft and assault with a deadly weapon attack, 200 block of Oceano.
- Check the welfare of a subject in the 800 block of State Street, vomiting and walking thru the vomit.
- At Delta High School, student hit staff member.
- Vandalism suspect spotted in the 1800 block of Sunset.
- Medics for a confused subject in the First Block of East Canon Perdido.
- Drunk disturbing behind Pet Co in the 3900 block of State Street.
- Suicidal female walk away from Cottage Hospital, possibly heading back to Isla Vista.
- Drunk at FedEx on South Hope.
- Highway 154 exit off Calle Real, large homeless camp reported.
- Assault at La Cumbre Junior High School, punch to the chest.
- Injury traffic accident West Campus SBCC, possibly a hit and run.
- Fall victim, head injury, 2200 block of DLV.
- 20 Winchester Canyon, theft investigation.
- AMR transport from Cottage Hospital to County Jail.
- Subject seen carrying a gun while riding a bicycle in IV, female with a small revolver in the small of her back. Wearing jeans, a black sweatshirt, hair in a ponytail, seen at Del Norte and Pardall, heading toward Del Mar.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Assault at Starbucks, 200 block of West Carrillo.
- Transient on the patio at Ralphs simulating a gun from a cell phone. He was arrested.
- Burglary to a black Mercedes, 220 East or West Canon Perdido.
- Fall victim, Pueblo at Bath Streets.
- Stolen auto recovery at GVCH.
- Fall victim, Cost Co, Marketplace.
- Medical call for an unconscious subject, drinking since Friday, in the 3400 block of Richland Drive.
- Check the welfare of a woman screaming in the 1500 block of Tiffanie Circle Drive.
- Armed robbery with a gun, 1200 block of Garden Street.
- Assault victim Calle Caesar Chavez and Cabrillo. Assault happened 2 days ago, victim down now.
- Woman with butcher knife trying to break into neighbors residence in the 800 block of Anza. She was shot with less lethal, transported to Cottage.
- Medical call for an unconscious subject at Westmont College.
- Suicidal subject on Old Mill Road.
- Subject disturbing at the .99 Cent Store.
- Medical call, choking victim, 99 South Fairview.
- 101 southbound at Turnpike, vehicle accident.
- Birch and Taylor, vehicle accident.
- Haley and Laguna, fall victim.
- Subject at the Airport vehicle rental area disturbing.
- Fall victim outside Carls Jr. on the stairs facing Milpas.
Will that is all outta me for now. Have a wonderful Hump Day. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Rambo, Sherry, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Oct 11, 2017 08:05 AM
Roger, for disaster preparedness, do you have extra food and water stored? And, food for kitty Joey?
We need a culture of preparedness that becomes a part of our everyday existence. Roger, I hope you get that message out to your readers. They'll listen to you.
Oct 11, 2017 09:31 AM
Seems like the white trucks are posing many hazards these days!
Oct 11, 2017 05:14 PM
Yep got extras for me and kitty poo...