Scanner Reports 10-10-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Sunday evening into the night was jumpy. Must be something weird in the water or something? One call after the other, and after a while I went to bed cause now that I'm over the hill a bit I fall out earlier. This weather is playing HELL on my arthritis. I had to walk to Ace on Monday and I thought I was going to die. On top of that, it was a holiday but at least I got a Senior Discount. I did not have to pay taxes on my purchase BOY that shit sure adds up! Felt kinda nice getting the discount, never asked for one before. That is going to change now though because that 2 or 3 bucks adds up.
I kinda felt like I did when I was as a kid with my fake ID going into a bar and buying alcohol. Back in Indiana, you had to be 21 to purchase alcohol when I was a kid. I was working as a security guard where you also had to be 21 but I'm 6'6 and they wanted me. I told them I was 23 born in 1953 and they made up 2 picture ID Guard Cards one for Illinois, the other Indiana. I had no problem at all in any place alcohol was sold after that. I was drunk every day before and after work. Ironically, one of my duties at work was to make sure employees were not drunk or stoned. I went to only a couple bars because right over the state line into Illinois a half block from my apartment you only had to be 18 to buy beer or wine. I was legal there being 19 and all. Man, I used to fill the trunk of my New Yorker up every FRYday. I was a regular at one bar called South Town on Conkey street back in Hammond. This bartender named Carol ran it. She was a hot young divorced woman in her 30's, and she had a real bad temper as I recall. The day I legally turned 21 and went in there showing her my picture drivers license stating I was 21, she thought I was 25 for some reason she was really angry at me. When you turned 21 South Town would buy you a free Strohs beer so I was there to collect...South Town and Carol is long gone. I don't know where Carol is at, but I would not doubt if she was still kicking somewhere. I saw a guy shoot his girlfriend in the face in there and then himself, she lived sometime later, she was in there drinking her beer sideways. There are sad lives in those places but when you're young and sneaking in you don't see it. I don't like getting old, it hurts but I like the discount that comes with it. Here are your scanner reports:
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Suspicious males with flashlights in the 1300 Block of East Cabrillo. They are in a minivan heading eastbound from that block. All I heard first thing in the morning, must have been prowlin.
- SBPD Running a subject for Wants and Warrants. They had some for burglary and theft. Missed location, but someone went to jail.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- A subject casing vehicles in the area of skaters point WMA.
- Medical-call fall victim in the 3600 Block of Via Lotto.
- Suicidal subject saying he was going to jump from a balcony in the 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- SBPD searching for a subject who might have ODed in Parma Park. I did not hear whether or not they ever found him.
- Possible but not likely natural gas leak at a structure on Sterns Wharf. Someone thought they smelled natural gas, but it was only for a second and there was no more.
- Theft of Items from my favorite store Rite Aide at 35 South Milpas. Hit for 300.00 dollars worth of things by 2 BMAs in a black BMW. Last seen South on Carpinteria street.
- Check the Welfare of a 4-year-old juvenile at MTD 1020 Chapala.
- Med-Call at the Casino for someone who was electrocuted.
- Check for a subject in the road Rincon at Casitas Pass.
- Attempt bicycle theft in the 800 Block of State street. Owner of the bicycle saw the potential thief a few moments later riding another bicycle and reported it.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Animal Control 3 needed back up attempting to Impound an animal near La Mesa Park.
- Male with a wheelchair down in the 1900 Block of DLV.
- 487 Grand Theft investigation Rite Aide 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Theft of Patio Furniture 6500 Block of Del Playa.
- Subject with a Warrant 400 Block of State street.
- Check the Welfare of a disoriented female West Anapamu at Chapala.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Traffic, Animal Hazard on CHP Westside in Buellton on highway 246 at Mile Marker 2800
- Chickens crossing the Road...
- 2 Subjects being 415 Disturbing at Path 816 Cacique. Both were arrested separately in nearby areas.
- Attempted shoplifting, possible 242 Assault on the manager at Los Positas Mobile. 2299 Los Positas which is basically a 211 Robbery taking something by force. 211 Strong Arm Robbery.
- Carpinteria Creek Bed near construction area near Casitas Pass 647F Drunk.
- City lot number 9 900 Anacapa Fall victim. Fire Department requesting PD for assistance Public accident.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle recovery 800 Block of North Alisos.
- Theft of a camera at La Patera School in the 500 Block of South La Patera.
- Illegal camper on someone's front porch got mad when the home. Owner woke him up. Valerio at Chapala or thereabouts. They should have given him a blanket and a pillow and all their money too! I'd get really angry too if someone threw me off their porch!
- Threat report by Telly Phone SBSO County call.
- Check the Welfare of a subject not heard from in 3 days in the 400 Block of Chapala.
- Overdose in the 100 Block of South Pacific.
- Check the Welfare of a man down DLV at Islay.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle from the 1700 Block of Castillo. White Honda 1993 with a Lakers sticker on it.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist 4400 Block of Foothill.
- Suspicious male in the 400 Block of Corona Del Mar walking back and forth, suspiciously. Associated with a Harley Davidson Motorcycle parked nearby.
- Threats investigation at Montecito Library 1469 East Valley Road.
- 211 Strong Arm Robbery at Trader Joes in the 3000 Block of DLV.
- Vehicle into a pedestrian 2220 Bath street. Injury accident.
- Med-Call, unconscious subject in the 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.-
- Fall victim 226 East Anapamu The Villa Santa Barbara Med-Call.
- Subject down and unresponsive at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. 1130 State street.
- 415 2 Homeless drunks East Side Park 200 North Soledad.