Scanner Reports 1-5-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
It's that time of the year again when travelers flock to the warmers sections of the country and stay in Winter shelters, of course, ours is not open. It seems the original intent of Casa Esperanza was to end homelessness. It has been twisted around so many times the real intent is to keep those who make a living at it in work. I remember in the beginning as I have lived in my HOOD almost 20 years it was a program to end Homelessness. Having been there, (Homeless) I knew better than that. It was a new Industry then in its early stages of Poverty Pimpism and it did not work out too well with the first couple of directors who were pocketing grants and blaming neighborhood crime on the liquor stores.A big Bunch of Bull Manure.
I will never forget the sting between ABC and the SBPD they joined together to close Texaco now Valerio on the corner of Cacique and Milpas. I was their stockman for a time, the TV news was there. A tramp would come in buy some brew, open it in the parking lot and pound it. I would tell them to leave or else. My size alone chased off the tramps. Blaming the liquor stores went on for years until PATH took over the shelter. The shelter is managed better now but there will be no cure for Homelessness ever because like everything else it's a business.
It is better than it was and I'm glad they are helping some folks get off the streets, but it is still a business and they don't take just everyone in. One has to abide by their rules. Of course there are rules everywhere. I like the place much better now then before, still there are campers out there that refuse to conform to the Laws of Santa Barbara and get into trouble. One can pretty much tell just by looking at someone or watching them for a time they really need help. The only thing I don't like about the Winter Shelters is that they are in or close to neighborHOODS and some of the people that stay in the shelters camp in those Hoods later on or commit crimes. I heard of a couple the other day set up camp in someones yard and flat out refused to leave mid morning around 10am. I guess they wanted Brunch. I have friends who are Homeless or just plain Houseless and they pretty much Abide by the Laws I like the Abiders... It seems like there is less trouble in our HOOD this year than other years but I still hear weird stuff once in a while in the middle of the night. Though this seems like a weird little Rant about PATH and the Business of Homelessness I Roger Dodger still give the place an A+ for it's Function, Everyday Operation and NeighborHOOD Security...The police do a great job too.
Scanner Reports, WEDnesday:
- 200 Block of West Victoria, Sort of a standoff with no one but the police thought someone was there.
- 200 Block of Cottage Grove subject trying to enter a yard and steal recycling.
- Indecent Exposure 800 Block of Anacapa Black male adult left in unknown direction I did not hear what was indecent about his exposure either.
- Resident wants to leave the 200 Block of West Victoria Police said "No!" Will actually they just said No, residents were told to shelter in place.
- Possible sighting of female stabbing suspect in the 1200 Block of State not sure if it was her but I heard somewhere she might be in custody.
- Medical Call Burn victim 400 Block of Old Coast highway
- Rain according to the CHP roads slick in the 6400 Block of Calle Real.
- 415 On Juana Maria involving child custody.
- Meanwhile at the Chevron on Betteravia in Santa Maria a Trucker flipped the gas station clerk the Bird and the clerk called the police on the trucker reporting him as Suspicious.
- Keep the peace Child custody 600 Block of West Micheltorena.
- Homeless subject inside the Santa Cruz Market 415 Disturbing and refusing to leave.
- Medical call fall victim 200 Block of Los Ondos.
- SBPD on a camp 101 Southbound at Garden street Southbound Check the welfare call.
- 5 Males on the bench in front of Cost plus Smoking the Weed.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in the 1000 Block of Olive street who cannot get up and wants to die.
- Fire alarms ringing at Cottage 3rd floor bathrooms no fire.
- Medical Emergency 200 Block of West North seizures.
- Late traffic accident report involving a city vehicle at Fire station 7 in the 2400 Block of Stanwood
- Weird one Cedarhurst Drive at East Foster woman found laying on a road vehicle near by described as a Traffic Hazard, never found out what was going on there in Santa Maria.
- Medical call Val Verde Quail Lodge fall victim.
- 415 Domestic in the 400 Block of East Micheltorena.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Fatal Traffic Accident in the 3900 Block of State Street early this morning, vehicle vs a pedestrian.
- Vehicle spin out Highway 101 near highway 217 possibly hit a tree non-injury.
- 3900 Block of State Street closed for Traffic Accident Investigation.
- "Mud, Dirt, Rock" Highway 154 at Painted Cave.
- Call for Coroner 3900 Block of State street.
- Medical call Mental Wellness Center 617 Garden, knee pain.
- Highway 33 /5 miles South of Highway 166 Semi into a Bridge.
- Medical call unknown type 4800 Block of 9th street.
- Highway 101 at Gaviota Beach before the curb, vehicle rollover Jeep on roof.
- Vehicle over the side highway 101 at Highway one non injury.
- 211 Robbery investigation 1200 Block of State street, a few minutes later there was a BOLO for a couple who RV Jacked an RV from that location...Large RV with a large Wave painted on it.
- Non injury hit and run Cleveland School 123 APS.
- Domestic fight 1300 Block of Bath street.
- 600 Block of Calle Los Amigos possible overdose unresponsive subject.
- Medical call Unresponsive subject 1100 Block of North Fairview.
- Highway 154 at East Camino Cielo traffic accident.
- Subject down with a possible head injury 7 South Milpas Medical call.
- Fall victim medical call 200 Block of South Voluntario.
- Possible overdose 300 Block of West Haley.
- Domestic Violence investigation at the police station.
Will that is all outta me for now. I found a way for motorists to give me the right of way, I bought a Batman Hat the kind that has Wings where you can make them flap. I just walk up to the street corner stop then flap my wings and smile at motorists, they stop usually about 10 feet short of the intersection and let me cross. Some of them look scared....Have a Happy Day, and a Great Weekend.....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Midnight, Merlin, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, David Cox, Poe, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin,Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger