Scanner Reports 1-31-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Well these two recent disasters we had made me unsure of things a bit, kinda knocked me off balance a bit. In the survival food department, everything I had to eat was in the fridge and freezer, and during the Thomas Fire power outages, it all pretty much went bad. I ended up tossing out my groceries and survived on Ramen and Progresso soup for a couple weeks because I thought that if my food was bad it would be bad in the stores. I did not take into account that they have generators. Though I have never been a big fan of ramen, I love it now, though it isn't great for us and kinda fattening. It's great with other foods and it really isn't too bad alone, either especially if there isn't much else laying around. I lost all the goodie snacks and food in the Thomas Fire but thought the frozen veggies would survive. Then there was the mudslide, I was scared to eat the food in the fridge after the power went out and ate some of the formerly frozen veggies that had defrosted and refroze from the Thomas fire. I got sick and threw everything out except for the ramen and soup. I got sick several times eating food that had gone bad during the two disasters. I bought tofu and some other cheap stuff. Simon came over one day and when he discovered I had only tofu asked me if I was vegan to which I replied: "No but it's cheap food." He had other places to go but came back later with a care package of tamales, chicken dogs, hot dog buns other things, very nice of him, I did not ask. The guy has a heart of gold, Thank You Simon. A couple days later another friend Liz went grocery shopping for me buying me coffee, soup, hot dogs, other things. I asked one of the neighbors for a little butter same thing happened to them pretty much so in the spirit of giving I shared the food that was given to me. Santa Barbara is a great community despite our differences when one falls the rest come running to assist and help the others. I cannot wait to buy some grub now having all kinds of fantasies about things I should not eat. I will probably buy ramen and tofu because I found some neat recipes on the internet to make both much better and the tofu is good for you anyway. Tofu Brownies yum yum.
Here are your scanner reports, MONday:
- Medical emergency 500 Block of North F Street for a subject who is unresponsive after a police chase.
- UNknown type medical emergency at the Las Positas Mobil.
- Audible alarm Mi Fiesta Market 4500 Block of Carpinteria Ave.
- 415 Subject raising hell at the 76 Station 200 Block of South Milpas.
- MONday morning Harbor Patrol was on a subject in the Marina 3 woman's bathroom and they were not answering their radio so City Dispatch sent a couple units over there for a possible back up situation. All was well and a subject was taken into custody not sure why but if some are wondering why the SBPD responded code 3 lights and sirens to the Marina MONday morning that is why.
- I totally did not hear the street but it sounded like Glen Road which I guess might be off highway 154 somewhere an aggressive dog killed a cat, poor kitty the call really bummed me out.
- 242 Battery SBHS No medical assistance needed all involved in the Assistant principals' office.
- Suspicious circumstances 200 Block of West Cota.
- Code 2 Medic's for a highly intoxicated subject who cannot stand up in the first block of East Cota.
- Check the Welfare of a subject trying to climb the fence of the Las Positas overcrossing a few minutes later heard there was a fall victim at 2300 Block of Las Positas on the Northbound offramp according to witnesses the victim was around 91 Years old. The call was very confusing and I'm really not sure how the subject went from climbing the fence of the overcrossing to falling on the Northbound onramp but that is what I heard.
- Medical call overdose 100 Block of West Anapamu.
- Fire Alarm on Hot Springs heard no more about that.
- 245 Assault with a weapon State and Cota victim suffered a possible head injury and was transported to Cottage hospital. Suspect picked up in the 900 Block of State street.
- Foot pursuit in the area of Haley and Milpas suspect abandoned his bicycle and ran from police in the 900 Block of East Haley after a back and forth run that went on about an hour a police officer observing from a nearby balcony spotted the suspect hiding on the roof of Wash and Fun on Bond street and he was taken into custody I still don't know why he ran.
- Vehicle into a police Alamar at Foothill driver fled but Mary 3 caught him, never run from Mary 3.
- 415 Fight brewing 36 State street between 2 subjects.
- Medical call 500 Block of Bath code blue 1144 Rest in Peace.
- 415 1500 Block of DLV Reporting party left area...Later on in the evening there was a 415 Domestic there where a victim(female) called in and stated a male was hitting her. A neighbor reported hearing banging and screaming a woman yelling "Let Go of Me!" Several units showed up code 3 lights and sirens went code 4 soon after heard no more.
- Structure Fire 3210 Santa Maria Way.
- 415 Between Customer, employee in the 400 Block of State street in a shop in that block.
- Vehicle Fire 1200 Block of Mission Canyon Road.
- Female refusing to leave and talking to herself 1127 State street.
- 484 Shoplift and 415 at Rite Aide 825 State street.
- Check the Welfare of a subject calling for themselves at PATH 816 Cacique.
- 415 Subject in the 400 Block of West Valerio near the creek yelling profanities, no comment.
- 415 Domestic in an RV Heard in the 800 Block of West Figureoa
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 415 Subject disturbing At Rite Aide 800 Block of State street.
- Elderly fall victim with a head injury 400 Block of East Anapamu.
- Suicidal subject at Home Depot in Goleta says she has been hospitalized 30 times in 6 months, a lot of suicidal calls lately. One I did not hear self inflicted gunshot in Carpinteria this morning.
- Premises check City lot 11.
- Premises check Santa Barbara Public Library.
- 417 Brandishing a knife 200 Block of Ladera suspect taken down at the Amtrak station.
- Gas odor 500 Block of East Montecito.
- Gas odor Mc Donalds 29 North Milpas no gas leak.
- Premises check at the church 2100 Block of State street.
- Premises check 1400 Block of Euclid.
- Suspicious subject Northbound 101 at the Rest Stop.
- Alamar at DLV Late traffic accident.
- Suicidal female over the death of her husband Motel 6 Buellton.
- Fall victim head injury Via Alamar 45 East Alamar.
- Suspicious circumstances at The Great Pacific Ice Cream Company 221 Stearns Wharf.
- One officer requesting back up assistance after being flagged down by a subject at Carrillo and State street.
- Found property Depot at Spring streets.
- Check the welfare of a female amputee with bruises on her face behind Core Power Yoga, Figureoa at Chapala she says her boyfriend hit her he is a shitty douche bag.
- 200 Block of Santa Barbara street overdose.
- 415 Domestic 100 Block of West Mason.
Will that is all outta me for now have a great WEDnesday....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Midnight, Merlin, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Ricky, Ben, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Bommy, Poppy, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger