Scanner Reports 1-30-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I remember the good old days when I used to be able to help other folks, those were Good Days. I had no pain then. I'd go out to Happy Harrys and buy a couple cases of strawberries give a few little baskets away to others.Then I'd in the Alano club munching on strawberries, drinking coffee, give people rides where they needed to go, buy food for others if I had extra. I loved doing those things expecting nothing in return but I got plenty. I felt really good doing those things. I got really mad one day and decided to drive to Buellton to get Drunk. I was driving a Chevy Celebrity as fast as it would go intent on destroying myself real good. I had a few hundred bucks on me for the trip. I never made it halfway there, I thought I should go to the 5:30 Sundowner at the Alano Club give it one more chance if I did not feel better I could get drunk after. On the Way back I stopped at Woody's BBQ and spent about 80.00 bones on food sharing the grub in the meeting with everyone at my table. I Never did get drunk that day, or a few days after. Those were my great old days when I could help others and brighten up their day. Now that I'm older I do it on a much smaller scale but it's not like the old days those cases of Happy Harry strawberries.
I needed to get my laundry done, I had to walk a few blocks up the road to do it all. I was going through my things trying to figure out what I could take just carrying a few things when I thought "What the Heck." I'll offer to pay one my neighbors to use their Washer and Dryer. Off I went over to Bo's place, he answered the door. I asked him if I could use his washer and dryer for Cold Hard Cash, he said "No, but I will wash your clothes for you." I really did not know what to say except "I'll pay you really? you would wash my clothes? You don't mind?" "No, bring them over." I did and he washed my clothing for FREE just to help me out he folded everything washed it all up real nice, I could not believe it. This guy took part of his day off to wash my clothing. His name is Bo and he is a school teacher. I guess I need some help now and then it seems strange to accept it like living in a new land. I kinda like this new land. It is alot easier to help others than to accept help from others. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday
- Male called said someone was trying to get into his house in the 2000 Block of Gillespie then he left the phone for a bit came back and said they had left Police responded anyway.
- Med Call Amtrak on a train coming in Southbound.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle investigation in the 3700 Block of San Remo.
- Juvenile refusing to go to school in the 500 Block of West Victoria.
- Hazard investigation in the 600 Block of Cheltenham Way bad odor.
- Suspicious subject carrying a 6 inch knife in the 1200 Block of Shoreline Black male adult.
- Suspicious subject taking pictures of women while they work then recording them on their laptops at a business in the 3800 Block of State street WMA around 30 black shorts, grey jacket.
- 459 Burglary to a garage in the 1000 Block of Neil Park Hispanic male adult broke into the house at that location before too.
- 100 Block of East Los Angeles Ave structure fire.
- Assault 245 with a Skateboard, attempt Robbery in the 200 Block of West Carillo female and 2 males involved, victim walked away that was the Lunch Hour I believe it's getting dangerous out there.
- Suspicious subject male in a red Cherokee near Washington School usually in La Mesa Park on going.
- Male Impeding Traffic by pressing the "Walk" button over and over and over and over Again Highway 101 Southbound at Carrillo that is one way to punish motorists.
- Hazardous condition 3700 Block of Monterey Pines.
- Med call Broodmar at State street subject in a blue Subrau, Patient left as the Fire Department arrived a few minutes later there was a BOLO on that car on a possible DUI. No wonder they did not wait around.
- Suicidal subject at SBCC, student
- Public accident possibly a fall victim Olive at Canon Perdido.
- Lot 12 State at West Guiterrez premises check.
- Another DUIer 2015 Audi Eastbound Mission from Castillo.
- Suicide attempt juvenile on the East Side.
- 23152 Drunk Driver 101 Northbound got off at Winchester Silver 2005 Camry Toyota
- State and Carrillo 3 vehicle accident.
- Subject refusing to leave the Santa Barbara rescue Mission threatening staff.
- Check the Welfare of a male subject down in the alley 7 West Haley.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation in the 2000 Block of Cliff Drive
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Missed the address but there was a vehicle stolen in the County this morning, in fact, alot of vehicles have been getting ripped off lately be AWARE...SBPD Officer on a detail at Franklin School.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park Extention.
- 261 Rape investigation City of Santa Barbara we do not disclose locations to protect the victim within city limits.
- Vehicle stolen this morning Smart and Final Parking lot 217 East Guiterrez.
- Dog locked in a vehicle at City Lot 11 500 Block of Anacapa.
- Check the welfare of a female down on the sidewalk Castillo at Mission.
- Traffic stop Middle Road at Coast Village Road on a silver Toyota Tundra.
- SBPD on a subject 300 Block of East Cota.
- Suspicious vehicle black Mercedes SUV Idaho plates at Thousand steps one Santa Cruz did not hear why it was suspicious.
- 3500 Block of McCaw Avenue assist the Fire department on an oversized vehicle.
- Subject with a hammer pacing back and forth in front of the Fire Station 2375 Lillie Ave. in Carpinteria.
- 1900 Block of State street on a drinker at 7-11.
- 415 Subject yelling at staff at MTD 1020 Chapala it was a female, police stopped her around the corner and she started yelling at them they let her go. I think I heard she was yelling at someone else later on.
- Suspicious vehicle unoccupied with the engine running for over an hour in the Speedy Mart parking lot 800 Block of North Milpas.
- Traffic stop 3400 Block of State street on a green Toyota Tacoma.
- 415 Domestic at MTD 1020 Chapala.
- Subjects blocking the sidewalk Calle Caesar Chavez at Yanonali
- Vehicle parts in the roadway highway 101 Northbound near Gaviota.
Will that is it outta me for now Have a great WEDnesday and remember.....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Maxwell, Shadow, FREDDIE! Andy, Tiny, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will pee you on FRYday. Later, Roger