Scanner Reports 1-3-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The guessing games of murder and violence in Santa Barbara: Who, What, Where, Why, When, How. Seems to me people don't just go out and commit murder unless they think they have a good reason for it, and when there is intent and good reason in a killers mind, they try not to be messy, or random like the recent killing on West Victoria at De La Vina was.
Usually, when people go off the wall they are under the influence of drugs, or alcohol, or both. I read in one article concerning the stabbing at Leadbetter Beach, alcohol was thought to have played a part in the stabbing of the victim, if I had to guess, the shooter in the Victoria street shooting had a few belts their self before killing one victim, and wounding another.
Alcohol helped me to become violent too. I was a quiet person, shy until I had a few drinks then it was "LOOK OUT." Alcohol is not the only substance that can make people become violent, there are a number of chemical drugs that can do the trick too, some are even prescription drugs. I doubt marijuana was involved unless it was just one of other substances used by the killer before He or She committed the Homicide. Of course the people involved were at a New Years Eve party before the violence so it's easy to ASSume they were most likely partying, using something to celebrate the new year. I doubt very much they were playing Tiddly Winks, and reciting Nursery Rhymes.
I came from a city where sometimes people just walk out the door of their home and get shot. There is mistaken identity, as well as other reasons, most don't really make sense. Places like my hometown Hammond, Indiana a lot of people carry guns legally, there is reason for it in places like Hammond. I'm sure there was a time when a lot of people carried guns here too, I don't carry a gun I really see no reason for it. I carried a gun once in my life, my girlfriend at the time ripped it off from her grandfather, on the streets in Chicago and the suburbs there was a need for that gun but I haven't carried one since and I stay out of places, and away from people that are trouble. Though violence can happen anytime, anywhere I don't want to live in a place where I feel I have to carry a weapon to ensure my safety. If it ever comes to it in this later stage of my life I might if it's legal but I don't want to and I would only do it if it was legal. I don't like trouble and maybe that is the answer here to stay away from trouble. When you're at a party where everyone is drinking or using Drugs or Alcohol someone is more than likely packing a weapon. Pretty much the way I look at things anymore, if you're in a place where you think there might be trouble, leave.
Here are your Scanner Reports, MONday:
- Overdose 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Fall victim Hendry's beach near the restaurant.
- A suicidal subject at Amtrak in Goleta talking about jumping in front of a train.
- Medical call for an ill passenger on the train coming in at Goleta.
- Assault victim 1300 Block of North Broadway in Santa Maria.
- Microwave Fire, Rogers House I really hate Microwaves they are TROUBLE and I'm staying away from them from now on.
- Suspicious circumstances, shot heard from an apartment in the 4200 Block of Calle Real.
- Audible Alarm 600 Block of Anacapa.
- 415 Domestic 2500 Block of Modoc.
- Wash Down for Blood 200 Block of West Victoria.
- Medical Emergency 2800 Block of Miradero.
- Alcohol overdose on Dearborn in Goleta.
- Tow Truck needed to open 2 Vehicle doors in the 200 Block of West Victoria.
- 415 Homeless subject disturbing near Dargans in the breezeway.
- 415 Gang Fight 500 Block of East De La Guerra, 2 subjects had baseball bats at least one injury.
- One in the gutter the other on the sidewalk Drunks passed out 500 Block of Anacapa That alcohol sure makes Staba Bruta Look Good for the Tourists.
- Tennant yelling at the Landlord in the 1600 Block of Bath street.
- Medical call Rite Aide 35 South Milpas.
- 415 Domestic 100 Block of Calle Crespies.
- Possible water main break or water coming from a residence in the 700 Block of Calle Los Amigos.
- Unconscious Subject at the Bus Stop La Cumbre and State street.
- Medical call for an unconscious subject outside Victoria Secret in Paseo Nuevo.
- Reckless motorcycle riders on North Ontare at Foothill.
- Police investigating a deadly shooting in the 200 Block of West Victoria.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- SR-154 At Paradise Road Vehicle recovery from the vehicle that went off the cliff recently, Truck.
- Suicidal subject 1100 Block of State street.
- Traffic Hazard semi blocking traffic at the .99 Cent store 424 State street
- Traffic accident 101 Northbound Bettervia offramp.
- Medical in the trailer park 1600 Block of East Clark Santa Maria.
- Medical call difficulty breathing in a beige SUV Carrillo Northbound near the off ramp.
- Wanted Subject Dwight Murphy Park.
- Medical female with a head laceration at MTD 1020 Chapala.
- Theft investigation 300 Block of North La Cumbre.
- Traffic Accident highway 101 at Southbound Soloman off ramp.
- UNintentional non injury hit and run APS at Salinas.
- Appliance Fire 21 Oceanview Full Fire Response.
- 5711 Calle Real 20002 non injury hit and run.
- Medical call for a female slumped over in a silver SUV in the 3300 Block of State street.
- Male tearing up his residence with a metal pipe in the 800 Block of East Figueroa.
- Subject disturbing Ortega at Bath HMA on a bicycle.
- Elder Abuse investigation 500 Block of East Guiterrez.
- Illegal burn smoke check Highway 101 at Hollister Southbound.
- Theft of recycling at a construction site on Haley brass fittings in a yellow bucket.
- Missing 6 year old at risk from Isla Vista School with autism.
- Medical call 4600 Block of Hollister.
I like to buy toys once in a while I guess I'll never quite grow up I'm almost 60 and I still got my Teddy Bear anyway I bought this toy car, I was gonna keep it but a neighborhood boy saw it and kept asking me about it so I gave it to him for Christmas. Every day now since I gave him that car he comes up to my door and Thanks me for it. Makes me feel good everyday he talks to me about how much fun he has with that car with the track it came with. A lot of the time I'm kinda depressed but that kid cheers me up everyday. Anyway Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Marty, Cop John, Diana, Jim, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, Poe, David Cox, Isabelle, Jerry, Ricky, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday...Later Roger