Scanner Reports 1-26-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Back in the day, August 2009 or thereabouts, Peter Sklar asked me to write the Scanner Reports. He said they could edit my stuff because my grammar sucked. I said I would do it and have done it every day since the reason why I did it was because a homeless friend of mine was murdered. While a couple police officers were investigating the death as a homicide the chief of police at the time said it was not a homicide and there was no further investigation. Ross Stiles died the morning after being hit over the head with a beer bottle while being robbed for his sleeping bag. Though Ross was homeless and a drunk, or considered as such, he had a crippling back injury where he could not stay in any position for any length of time without suffering extreme pain. If Ross Stiles did not have that injury there is no way he would have been unemployed or homeless. He did not like the idea of accepting disability or any help. Most evenings he could be found across the street from me sitting on the curb, he never panhandled. The kindness of strangers mostly from the Habit kept him going, numerous times I witnessed people coming out of the restaurant offering him food to eat, I never saw him ask for it. Nor did I see him ask people for change. I gave him some once in a while or when he came into Texaco where I worked part time I'd buy him a beer. Liquor is a HELL of a lot better for pain than those Bull Shit pain killers you get in the doctors office. Ross Stiles was Murdered for his Sleeping Bag in Beautiful Santa Barbara at the Beach back in 2009.
Scanner Reports WEDnesday:
- Units checking on an Open Door in the 900 Block of Mariposa.
- Vehicle accident 23 Magnolia.
- Unoccupied stolen vehicle on Via Regina.
- Combative subject being wrapped up in the 300 Block of East Yanonali.
- Fall victim head injury 1600 Block of Garden.
- Subject disturbing in the Sears Auto Center acting crazy.
- Homeless people sitting on a bus bench with their dogs in the 900 Block that must be a felony now.
- Code 2 medics for a drunk at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas.
- On a group at Plaza Del Mar.
- Suspicious vehicle Grey Honda Accord with code 3 lights and siren reported by LASD At Hot Springs and Olive Mill.
- 415 Sister in the 4400 Block of Amber.
- Dude ripped off an electric Toro leaf blower from A Parks Department truck Cabrillo at Garden and was last seen riding West into the SUNset on a red cruiser bike
- Reckless tow truck Nopolitos and Quarantina.
- Audible front door alarm 500 Block Free Haven maybe it's an invisible looter.
- Suspicious subject HMA wearing a backpack on Ashley.
- 1300 Block of East Mountain Child fall victim with a traumatic mouth injury.
- 415 Domestic 300 Block of Rancheria.
- Overdose at the Rescue Mission.
- Attempt 10851 Auto theft by a heavy set drunk Hispanic male.
- 415 Domestic ex girlfriend broke into the males home and threatened to steal things 5300 Block of Carpinteria Ave.
- Overdose in front of Chevron in the 100 Block of North La Cumbre.
- Medical call at the Admin. Building at SBCC.
- 415 Female crying in the 200 Block of West Carrillo near Spudnuts the cops probably ate all the donuts.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Premises check 1100 Block of Walnut.
- Suspicious circumstances on Highway 246 reporting party reporting Stepfather has followed them through two states at the Chevron.
- Vehicle rollover 4700 Block of Harris Grade.
- Subject throwing rocks at an Amtrak worker Las Positas at the tracks.
- Audible alarm at a residence in the 1400 Block of East Mountain.
- 415 Of Sorts at a store in the 4900 Block of Carpinteria Ave.
- Suspicious vehicle Ortega Park.
- Theft of a bicycle at Vons Turnpike.
- Suspicious circumstances SBJH per SBPD Officer.
- Suspicious male with scissors in the first Block of East Victoria.
- Audible alarm 100 Block of Miramar in Montecito.
- Medical call 300 Block of Old Mill Road.
- Vegetarian fire 4500 Block of Hollister at a homeless camp.
- 6 SMHS Students fighting behind Vons Turnpike.
- Assault in the 400 Block of East Carrillo.
- Fight Between a customer and Employee in the 500 Block of East Haley.
- Check the welfare of a male down in 500 Block of State street.
- AMR Transport Cottage to PHF.
- SBPD on an RV in the 800 Block of Castillo street.
- Fire reported out in the 300 Block of Bell Street in Los Alamos.
- The Ross Stiles Homicide was never solved or investigated.
Will that is all out of me for now Have a Good Weekend.....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Patrick, Christy, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Rambo, Sherry, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, David Cox. Poe, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Bengy, Ricky,John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger