Scanner Reports 1-25-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Already FRYday. Every time I hear a police pursuit of any kind whether it be in a vehicle, a bicycle, or on foot, I hear Jack Brickhouse's voice in my head. He was the ball game announcer for the Chicago Cubs when I was a kid, every time a Cub hit a home run he'd yell "That one looks like....Back, Back..Back..Back.. Back...Hey Hey! It's a Home Run!!!." The homerun part is when the bad guy gets caught, that is the best part of any pursuit.
I was watching old videos of Jack on YouTube the other day and I was kinda shocked to see a video of Ernie Banks hitting his 500th Home Run. I remember I was watching that game when it happened. Out of all the baseball team's in the world, I am a South Side White Sox fan though I don't always follow sports anymore, my all time favorite team will always be the 1960's Chicago Cubs. I followed them more than anyone...Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Billy Williams, Randy Huntly Don Kessinger, The older I get the less I remember all their names.
The one thing I will never forget is my Grandfather and Uncle taking me to the games. I got to see both the Cubs and the Sox play ball when I was a kid, a wonderful time in my young life. Though my Uncle and Grandfather were the only ones allowed to drink draft beers. You always remember your first beer, I remember that more than my first anything else. Summer of 1965 at a cook out on our patio my father gave me a can of Schlitz and I drank the whole thang. From that time on everytime the folks got together and got to drunk I finished off all their drinks for them I was a good son. Never forget the time my Dad came home from work he went to grab an ice cold beer in the fridge and there was a pitcher of beer there waiting for him. It was actually Fake Beer I got a package of this Fake Beer stuff at our local joke shop it was .15 Cents mixed it up filled it with water it looked like a real pitcher of beer foamy on top. I thought my Dad would never figure it out. He sat down filled a mug sat back and took a long pull .....What the Hell all the phony foamy beer came up as fast as it went down he was a spitin and a hackin!!! "Where is my beer you little SonofaBITCH!" It was his own fault giving me some beer He beat my ass good but I didn't feel much between being used to the beatings and the beer buzz.. Waynes Trick Shop where you could buy cigarette loads blow up your Moms cigarettes, make your Dad fake beer and leave a little package of fake snapping gum laying around to get the rest of the family...Those were the days.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 Subject disturbing at Amtrak 209 State street
- The Fire Department and SBPD were unable to locate a fire behind Smart and Final at 5 points along the fence lane. Someone called in a Smoke Investigation as when they were driving by they reported seeing smoke.
- 415 Transient yelling at Silly Workers between Marshals and Silly Lot 9.
- 415 Subject at the Shoreline Grill disturbing.
- 415 Domestic 300 Block of Ortega Ridge was physical but not anymore, Threats
- 114 East Haley transient refusing to leave the Bathroom
- Possible prowler call 100 Block of Natoma
- 415 Unknown type 3800 Block of Via Lucero
- Check the Welfare of a resident living in the 200 Block of APS
- Suspicious subject wearing a black Hoodie riding a light blue bicycle was at Tri County Produce last seen Cabrillo Ball Field 800 Block of East Cabrillo
- 242 Assault at Guadalupe Church in the 200 Block of North Nopal
- Subject attempted to enter a home in the 700 Block of Olive HMA pony tail dark SUV parked on DLG Suspicious circumstances
- Check the Welfare of a female possibly under the influence of drugs holding up traffic at Castillo and Micheltorena she walked around for a bit but police caught up to her
- Trespassing female at Santa Ynez Elementary school in the 3300 Block of Pine
- Missing at Risk male from the 1000 Block of Cliff Drive
- 415 Transient Down 1235 Chapala
- Vehicle Fire white van Anacapa at Figueroa
- Fall victim caregiver refusing to call for medical assistance no electricity in a unit at 522 Canon Perdido No one should have to live like that...Why is there no electricity in that unit? Why is the caregiver refusing to call for medical assistance the police requested code 2 Medics.. Hopefully the patient will get better help.
- Threats investigation Lobby of Cottage Hospital.
- Group of transients with dogs sitting on the patio at 509 State street.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- 800 Block of West Pedregosa one at gunpoint and in custody did not hear whole call but the subject had a Felony Warrant and had earlier refused to come out, guess he changed his mind.
- 415 Yellers in Ortega Park yelling
- Suspicious circumstances 2 males by the lower level elevator at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo blood all over the wall per the Manager. I never heard anything else about it maybe it was Hawaiian Punch.
- Premises check La Mesa Park
- Found bicycle 100 Block of West Yanonali
- Vandalism on West Montecito investigation in the lobby at the PD
- Med call Anacapa at Micheltorena in a grey Altima
- Traffic in the 300 Block of West Carrillo in a grey Ford Edge.
- Med Call 1000 Block of Castillo
- Older grey Sedan vs several mailboxes possible hit and run 400 Block of El Sueno
- Traumatic injury Carpinteria Middle School 5300 Block of Carpinteria Avenue
- SMHS 245 Investigation Assault with a weapon...Actually heard 245 Investigation at San Marcos not the High School but the officer said something about a female student so I assumed it was SMHS.-
- Suspicious circumstances 5600 Block of Picasso in IV.
- 415 Patient at Cottage er refusing to leave.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 6500 Block of Hollister.
- Highway 246 at Entrance in Buellton Hit and Run.
- 459 Audible alarm 1000 Block of Garcia Road BINGO!
- Audible Alarm on Middle Road did not hear Address just assume that every house on Middle Road has an audible alarm.
- Highway 101 Southbound at Fairview traffic accident non injury truck vs car.
- Fire Alarms ringing 2nd floor staff lounge of Cottage Hospital.
- Location of earlier 242 Assault subjects involved yelling at the reporting party in the 600 Block of East Ortega.
Will that is SNOT very nice if them they disturbed someone who called the police on them because they were being loud and now they are bulling the reporting party. It's that kind of stupid shit that is going to get the park fenced in. If you don't want the park closed off to the public then this kinda stuff has to stop this went on at the Cabrillo Ball Field too. Will dat is all outta me for now. This weather is weird cold at night warm during the day I don't like it very uncomfortable. Anyway have a great Weekend..Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny,Andy, Fish Head, One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry,Lafayette, Ted, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Willie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will pee you on MONday. Later, Roger