Scanner Reports 1-24-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Weird things reported to 911. This morning I heard this one male walked down State Street from Anapamu, holding what looks like a gun to his head. I did not hear anymore after the police responded to the area and ASSumed they did not find him, it's possible that someone might do that I guess but unlikely. For some reason when I heard it, I thought of the scene in Blazing Saddles where Cleveland Little held himself hostage as the new mayor of the town. I thought the "911 Hang Up" call from the West Side where a child called 911, then hung up was interesting. Her Daddy said when asked why she called that she was sad so she called 911, I hope she was OK. I think the police responded anyway, they usually do to check peoples welfare make sure all is well.
I have reported strange things to the police through the years, mostly 415 Domestic related or arguments that looked as if they were going to escalate into violence. I remember one time though I saw a guy on the Mesa in a pickup truck with what looked like the body of a female next to him, she wasn't moving her eyes were open she looked like she had passed. I was not high or drunk and was about 12 or so feet away. I reported it, I thought something was wrong I did not stick around to find out if I was right and the man was cruising around town with a body in his truck but the police had my contact info they could have showed up and committed me anytime, they never did I stayed away from the Mesa for a long time after that.
Most of the calls I hear are 415 Disturbances, there are some that make ya wonder why they were called in. Suspicious person, male walking down the street "What is he doing?" "Nothing he is just walking down the street and looking suspicious." I hear the call mostly involving homeless folks. It does pay to call in though one never knows, something could really be going on. I always wonder about calling the police about what I thought I saw in that pickup truck on the Mesa and wonder if maybe what I thought was a body was actually a Blow Up Sex Doll? Could have been I guess.
Sometimes listening to the scanner can be entertaining. This morning I heard a Sheriff Officer call in a minor injury accident East of the Roundabout at Hot Springs and Olive Mill Roads it was a complaint of pain injury involving a Santa Barbara city vehicle. I posted it two minutes later the city dispatcher asked a city police officer to go check it out as if she had read what I wrote. I guess that area is the Santa Barbara City Police jurisdiction so she might have been wondering why the call did not go to her. The Sheriffs officer just happened to drive up on it and reported it through his dispatch. Whether or not she saw it pop up on Edhat I don't know but it sounded that way as I post most traffic accidents I hear that are injury accidents. One call that surprises me are "Naked people walking down the street calls." I hear them more now then I used to, it gets a little hot outside and some folks take off their clothes and go for a walk. it happens more in the Summer of course but I did not hear it much. A few years ago past couple years I've heard it more sometimes I wonder what they are smoking.
Here are your Scanner Reports, MONday:
- Someone reported their vehicle stolen from the 7300 Block of Hollister, then called back a few minutes later and said they had found it.
- Embezzlement investigation Fuel Depot 101 West Carrillo.
- Possible overdose State street at West Guiterrez.
- A Drunk drinking a beer in front of McDonalds 1115 Casitas Pass Suspiciously drinking a beer.
- Found property in a shopping cart behind Lazy Acres on the Mesa.
- Injury traffic accident Bath street and Haley streets traffic light taken out.
- 242 Assault at the Visitors center 1 Garden street, code 2 Medics for an arm injury.
- Medical call unknown type 200 Block of North Fairview.
- SBSO Call reported at the Station for Harrassment
- 1600 Block of Fir Ave in Solvang Structure Fire.
- Vehicle Accident 7100 Block of Hollister in Goleta.
- SBPD on a group Calle Caesar Chavez and the Rail Road tracks.
- 415 Homeless subject in the Breezeway 104 West Anapamu.
- Pedestrian walking Southbound in the Northbound Lanes of the 101 freeway between Los Carneros and Storke, Traffic Hazard.
- Vehicle accident 16 year old boy hit by a vehicle Ballard Canyon at Foxen Canyon Roads.
- Reporting party reporting they were run off the road by a MTD Bus Haley at Castillo.
- Stolen cell phone traced to the 1400 Block of Eucalyptus.
- Another stolen cell phone tracked to the 200 Block of South Voluntario.
- Theft of bicycles in Isla Vista 6500 Block of Sarbo Tarde 2 males in their 30's.
- Medical call possible overdose 600 Block of San Pascual.
- 415 Female raising hell and banging things up in a restaurant 21 West Victoria.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- There is a Squatter living in the training fire tower 30 South Olive.
- Suspicious subject trying the doors of vehicles in the parking lot of the Santa Barbara Athletic Club on Castillo street.
- There were 3 Subjects in city lot 11 checking car doors when they noticed people were watching then they walked over to Cota and headed East one went into Cost Plus, the other two kept walking but police caught up with them. They were not breaking the law but I am sure the police checked them out.
- Non injury vehicle rollover Clark street at highway 135.
- Medical call male down near the gazebo in McKenzie Park.
- Report of a subject walking South on State from Anapamu possibly holding a gun to his head.
- County somewhere a grand kid took an overdose 11 years old did not catch the location in S.B. County.
- Suspicious vehicle a black BMW 300 Block of Oak Tree.
- Check the welfare of a subject walking in the road talking to himself 600 Block of East Alamar.
- 484 Theft investigation 2000 Block of Swinney road in Santa Maria.
- Suspicious vehicle Unoccupied black vehicle with the doors open Los Patos and the tracks.
- One shot heard in the area of the 900 Block of Ward Drive.
- 100 Block of West Calle Crespis threats investigation.
- 415 Domestic in a motel in the 100 Block of West Cabrillo male possibly beating a female in a room.
- Tattoos on lips and face HMA driving a white sedan ripped off Tractor Supply in the 200 Block of Highway 246 in Buellton.
- 2 Males painting a Chevy van on the street grey in the 1300 Block of Bath while touching up another vehicle nearby.
- Black Dodge Dart 23103 reckless on 246 at 100 mph Westbound female driver got pulled over.
- 415 Disturbing subjects at K-Mart.
- Thief Detained stealing tools from behind 2541 Modoc.
- SBSO and other L.E. doing a fine job escorting residents in and out of Montecito as well as guarding and checking every audible alarm and or Suspicious calls.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, Diana, Jim Ben, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Poe, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger