Scanner Reports 1-22-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Someone commented that according to the Sheriff there have been no incidents of looting in Montecito, that was a week or so ago. I hear calls of police patrolling the railroad tracks, suspicious subjects and vehicle calls, and doors found open on some residences. A homeless friend told me they heard that looters were going in on bicycles, l would be surprised if there was anything of value in the homes hit by the mudslide, to loot most valuables would be in the mud as I stated before though I hope everything that is found is returned to its rightful owners, or relatives. I heard a call about a suspicious vehicle Saturday evening that the police were looking for in Montecito, several units were looking for it, though my radio was scratchy I heard the word describing the subject in the vehicle as a looter. I guess they could have been saying loaner, but it sounded like "Looter" to me. If it is happening in Montecito it's better to know than not, it's no bad reflection on the police there if it is happening, it's part of the territory of life.
Some people work to make a living, some people steal to make a living. The police have been doing their best, it's not easy guarding a town like that things are bound to happen, I think all the responders have been doing a great job despite the tragedy, it would have been a lot worse without them here they saved a lot of lives that TUESday morning. I heard the rescues on the scanner.....I have never really felt that close to my family but since this happened I feel more a part of my family then I ever have even though they live faraway...I'm glad I can see them on Facebook and communicate with them. Maybe someday I will see them again.
Here are your Scanner Reports, FRYday:
- Fall victim at the bookstore at SBCC 700 Block of Cliff Drive.
- East Valley Road at Ortega Ridge escort out.
- Non injury hit and run suspect vehicle a black Toyota Tacoma with a black camper shell.
- Premise check Chase Palm Park Extention 300 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Medical call 700 Block of Garden.
- Suspicious investigation Lobby of the police department.
- Homeless subject disturbing 1100 Block of State street.
- Dine and Dash 300 Block of State street Casa Blanca.
- Douche Bag threatening the Security Guard near Pet Co. 19 South Milpas, I was there the guy was laying in the driveway the security guard woke him up did him a favor. He woulda got run over where he was laying. Guard over there got their hands full they don't make enough.
- Medical call Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali.
- Domestic 29 North Milpas McDonalds.
- Check the welfare of a subject at the shelter 816 Cacique.
- Assault State street and Arrellaga suspect South on State female in her 50's.
- Suspicious subjects 3 males in a silver Dodge Charger took a black plastic bag out of a dumpster at 931 State street.
- Open Door on a residence in the 1400 Block of East Valley.
- Disturbance in the 1100 Block of State street.
- Highway 101 Southbound at Carrillo traffic accident.
- Naked female transient raising Hell at Los Banos pool, Carol in her 50's.
- Wanted subject 500 Block of Wentworth.
- Man Down Broadway and Cook in Santa Maria.
- Fall victim in from of SBHS 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- Caltrans Employee needs escort out from Hot Springs and Sycamore Canyon.
- Foot Patrol Rail Road Tracks North of Butterfly Lane.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Traffic Stop on Stanwood 1900 Block sounded suspicious don't know if it was.
- Audible alarm 105 East De La Guerra there were many alarms going off because of the wind.
- Non-injury hit and run investigation 1500 Block of La Vista Del Oceano.
- 911 Hang Up child crying in the background Father said the child called 911 Because they were sad.
- Female homeless at Lazy Acres 302 Meigs.
- Silver Chevy Cavalier following reporting parties wife to the 3900 Block of State in a parking lot where she parked and they parked near by.
- Subject was laying on the sidewalk in the 500 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Domestic 500 Block of West Carrillo.
- Milpas at Quinientos medical call seizures.
- Suspicious male in reporting parties yard in the 2000 Block of State street BMA Police caught up with him at AM-PM.
- Audible alarm 600 Block of Hot Springs.
- Cacique and Alisos man down unknown type medical call.
- Road Rage WMA in his 70's male in a Porche (excuse me) stopped in the middle of the road 3600 Block of Foothill Ragin on the Road Blocking other drivers.....Of Course he has a Porsche he can do that.
- Theft investigation 200 Block of Los Ondos.
- Hit and Runs several parked cars in the parking lot of Pet Co 19 South Milpas.
- Man with pants down first East Haley.
- Code 40 DRUNK DOWN near Aaron Brothers.
- Wires arcing in the 600 Block of East Micheltorena.
- Assault investigation in the Lobby of the SBPD.
- MUD in the Number 2 lane highway 101 NB at Los Carneros.
- Illegal burn across from the Double Tree in the 600 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Dildo jumping in front of cars while West on Carrillo from Chapala acting as if he has a gun.
- Gelson's Market WMA in his 40's carrying a backpack threatening 187 and 261 of employees that is rape and murder and it is against the laws to threaten. Sounded like they said Gelsons market but it was a county call.
- Tip on a possible murder suspect near a laundry mat in Solvang Joel Campos SBSO responded and had someone at gunpoint I believe it was One and the Same murder suspect wanted here in Santa Barbara.
- SBSO following possible looter around Montecito the subject was stopped on Dartmore.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 415 Domestic at 7-11 331 West Montecito.
- 415 Neighbors 600 Block of San Pascual.
- Suspicious things going on in a house in the 900 Block of Alston Road.
- 10 Juveniles dancing on the railroad tracks Anacapa at the tracks.
- Reckless driver grey Lexus 350 registered on San Miguel on the Mesa.
- Panic Attack Tri County Produce 300 Block of South Milpas.
- Medical call Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo unconscious 9 year old kid.
- 1145 Subject wants to jump in front of a train somewhere between Santa Barbara to Carpenteria.
- 242 Investigation 500 Block of Chapala.
- Heard Animal rescuers talking about a dog with a cut on its paw in Montecito that was all I heard.
- Suspicious subject removing a window from a vehicle then getting in it green Ford 200 Block of East Arrellaga.
- Report of vehicles driving in the wrong direction Highway 101 Southbound Carrillo onramp SBPD could find nothing wrong.
- 104 Los Aquaries 415 Domestic male female heard arguing.
- Minor cut from a Chain Saw Padero at Paradise.
- 415 Fight Milpas Roundabout attackers left victim does not want to press charges.
- Another 415 Fight at McDonalds 3940 State street one guy was down another was kicking him while he was down.
- Medical emergency unknown type 1213 State street.
- Child stuck in a baby swing at Oak Park but got out of it before the fire department got there.
- Suspicious Dodge White Truck drove into Montecito before anyone could stop it last I heard they were going to ask a Rover Unit to look for it.
Will that is all outta me for now the 101 Freeway is open again Don't drive too excited now stay calm collected Have a Great Monday....Peter, Belinda,Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Midnight, Merlin, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J. Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, Elmo, Patrick, Christy, Rambo, Sherry, Marty, Cop John, Bommy Poppy, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Diana, Jim, David Cox, Poe, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger