Scanner Reports 1-18-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
That was quite a little storm we had. I have no complaints to the media or websites reporting the weather, but I did feel as if I was losing it a bit with the expectations of a storm one day then nothing. It's kinda funny really, weather predictions have always been that way. I did not feel calm though hearing rain on the roof at night, usually makes people feel calm it didn't work for me this time. I expected more from different reports. I guess the thing to do is try really hard to just stick to one Weather Person next time a storm is predicted, or when rain is expected.Yea Right.
On the topic of things that calm us, I used to know a guy years ago who watched golf on TV and it totally calmed him he watched intently as if he was playing chess. He did not golf himself nor was he the type to golf but yet watching others golf made him feel calm. I have found that with watching Train riders hop trains on YouTube, calm my inner beast. I would not do it myself, way too dangerous especially now with mobility problems kinda be funny watching me be dragged along trying to get on a train hurt like hell though that would not calm me either. But watching others do it kinda brings back the good experiences I had hitchhiking when I was younger and it calms me. Most of them travel on the trains with ease Stobe drinks beer and though I no longer drink beer, it does not bother me at all to see him drinking. I kinda like watching his whole show. He had so much knowledge about what he did.
There are others Brian Cray works a seasonal job and the rest of the year travels all over the place on Freight Trains, or hitchhiking if he has to, his videos are very relaxing and entertaining also. Ron Woods is another man who traveled on freight trains and made very nice videos posted on YouTube. One fella called Hobo Shoestring makes shorter videos though they too are relaxing except for when he shows his hand right after he had a train accident it is quite gory but terrible things can happen if one is not paying attention though I don't know if that was the case here....jus sayin. I hope you all enjoyed the rain and for you it was a calming experience...Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Low hanging wire San Pascual at Fremont, cox cable, buses almost hitting it
- 911 Hang Up possible 415 unknown type 600 Block of Eucalyptus in an apartment.
- 415 Mother vs Son x 2 on WEDnesday 900 Block of San Pascual
- Male with a bicycle that may be stolen at Starbucks in the 500 Block of State street reporting party says the subject tried to sell him a stolen bicycle on Tuesday morning
- Premises check SBJR High 700 Block of East Cota
- 20002 Non injury hit and run in the Old Mission Parking lot 20002 Laguna suspect female in a gold Tercel Toyota
- R.P. Reporting odor of sulfur in the 2300 Block of Garden and she feels ill but does not want Medics
- 800 Block of Garden 459 Audible alarm
- Stolen Honda white Civic 1100 Block of Cacique.
- SBPD officer on a detail at Cottage Hospital ER
- Fall from a roof on Broodmar Plaza.
- Med Call Unknown type in the 2200 Block of Gibraltar Road
- Mud Rocks on the road 1500 Block of Highway 154
- Premises check 500 Block of West Victoria
- Male looking into a window of a residence in the 900 Block of East Guiterrez seen walking away with recycling...GET HIM!!! SBPD stopped him heading for Milpas.
- Child Molestation investigation on the WestSide
- Keep the Peace 200 Block of Ladera
- Possible phony prescription at CVS pharmacy in the 2900 Block of State street
- Horse stuck in a metal fence 1300 Block of McMurry
- Gaviota Beach Dog Rescue
- Ocean Rescue Hollister Ranch that was all I heard of those calls
- Hollister Ranch Road tree down on a vehicle Unknown if injury
- Cota and Garden 20002 Investigation.
- Med Call at the County Jail 4436 Calle Real
- Med Call in a van at Mason and Nopal
- Sucidal subject on Broodmar Plaza.
- Subject refusing to leave the High School 700 Block of East Anapamu
- 20002 Investigation 1100 Block of Punta Gorda
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Large Tree across the road Highway one at Jalama Road.
- 415 Verbal argument after a 594 Vandalism at the CVS on Casitas Pass
- Med Call 1700 Block of Anacapa.
- Animal Hazard collie walking along the side of the road Highway 101 Northbound at Bettervia Santa Maria I hate those calls
- 415 Transient in the 500 Block of West Victoria
- 415 Male carrying a backpack and yelling in the 1000 Block of State street
- 459 Burglary investigation to a vehicle at the YMCA 36 Hitchcock
- 415 Subject in the 600 Block of Camino Cafrona
- 415 Ex Boyfriend in the 400 Block of East Cota in process of getting a restraining order
- Suspicious circumstances in the 2200 Block of Patterson
- Non injury accident 600 Block of West Ortega
- Subjects blocking the doorway in the 100 Block of West Canon Perdido
- Naked male shredding paper with a knife in the bathroom at the top of La Playa Stadium at SBCC
- Subject with a 15,000 Warrant Bye Bye probably one of the boogers blocking the doorway
- Check the Welfare of a subject at the Wellness center in the 600 Block of Garden who says he cannot walk
- Check the Welfare of a subject in the 1200 Block of Belair
- Unknown call at the Airport it was a secret they the officers had to call communications to get it
- Follow up on a call from WEDnesday night at Alameda Park 242 Assault.
Will I had a rough day had to hike my laundry to the Laundry Mat though I had a cart I'm still sore Anyway that is all out of me for now Have a great Weekend...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Lola, PoPo, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head, One, and Tow, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Rambo, Sherry, Diana, Jim, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, "Debbie and Ken, LUCY! STOBIETHEHOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger
Jan 18, 2019 10:41 AM
I wonder if they still have railroad guards with clubs. Rain was great, sitting in front of the fire reading.
Jan 18, 2019 02:01 PM
Delta IV Heavy Rocket, tomorrow Sat., 11:05 a.m. Here is the live (right now!) webcam for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMHD8OwkXdg&feature=youtu.be
Jan 18, 2019 05:30 PM
I think in some places the Bulls stick knock heads...Yea the Media does that but I'm the one who bought into it :)...Thanks for the Rocket info we have a blood red eclipse coming up Sunday Evening I believe. I fall asleep to early now...Thanks for your comments...
Jan 19, 2019 06:28 PM
Now I know who the DVers are lol..