Scanner Reports 1-17-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I lost a great friend the other day her name is Liza she worked for PetCo over here on Milpas and when they closed for the never-ending construction of Sprouts grocery store, she transferred to the Upper State store. In my early stages of losing Belinda then Pooh Bear, one of our kitty's, a few months later I bought a Betta Fish from the Dollar Plus store and proceeded to spend hundreds of dollars on supplies to save the fish, I recruited Liza a specialist when it comes to animals of all kinds human and otherwise to help me, SAVE THE FISH HEAD! Without judgment she did. I paid her in rolls from Pandera Verconia, because she would not accept money. After working a full shift at Pet Co she would come over here, test the water in the aquarium then clean out the aquarium if it needed to be cleaned out. If the fish needed medication she would whip up her own medicine and put it in the water her stuff worked, much better then Fish medicine sold in the stores. After a while I drove Liza crazy and she let me know it but never turned away from helping the Bettas in my life.
I found out sort of by accident that her and her Husband Jamey were dedicated Football Fans, she loved the Steelers and he loves the Green Bay Packers, being from the Chicago area I love the Bears they both hate the Bears. I tried to wear my Bears shirts around her every time I went to PetCo she had this look about her. She was not a woman you ever wanted to make angry wearing those shirts made her angry. She was a physically beautiful woman who was down to earth and beautiful inside also/ She loved Animals and dedicated her life to the care of them I will miss seeing her around Rest in Peace Little Liza. HERE are YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Illegal camper on private property 3500 Block of Modoc female is afraid to go outside because subject is sleeping in the yard
- 415 Domestic 700 Block of APS
- Illegal camper back parking lot of bank in vehicle with expired tags 1302 State street
- 2 Males fighting in DLG Plaza Presidio side left before police arrived.
- Med call 130 Anacapa street.
- Male talking to himself 1036 Anacapa.
- Med call 300 Block of West Yanonali.
- Highway 101 Northbound highway 246 Vehicle Fire fully involved.
- Alarm sounding beyond a black door in the 800 Block of East Gutierrez sounds like the beginning of a Clive Barker novel.
- SBPD on a group at Oak Park.
- Gas leak outside 1000 Block of Cold Springs Road.
- 415pc Transient yelling in the parking lot of Jacks Bagel 53 South Milpas.
- Purse stolen from Launderland 2600 Block of DLV.
- Med call 100 Block of Burton Circle.
- Theft at Macys in the 3800 Block of State street 4 Subjects in a Dodge, 1999 Sedan registered in the 300 Block of Anacapa street involved.
- UI 5150pc Male yelling 600 Block of State street.
- Illegal campers in the parking lot of the 76 Station 200 South Milpas.
- Attempted Car Jack 23 South Hope Ave Crime is getting worse in Santa Barbara it seems.
- Med call 216 South Milpas street.
- 415pc Transients in the 76 Station 200 Block of South Milpas street also ripped off coffee.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- SBPD On a subject 300 Block of West Montecito.
- Med call 4200 Block of Calle Real.
- 415 Transient in the 3800 Block of State street in front of Pinera Bread. Today he got taken into custody
- Vehcle vs bicyclist Canon Perdido at San Pascual.
- Appliance Fire 300 Block of Highway 246
- Illegal camper on Primavera in a vehicle
- 500 Block of Bath street female yelling in a driveway 415 Domestic I guess
- Med call 700 Block of East Anapamu
- Subject refusing to leave Holiday Inn 17 West Haley
- Subject cooking on the sidewalk and blocking it 331 West Montecito street
- 417pc Brandishing a knife Kellogg at Valerio Gas, Calle Real SBSO had him at Gun Point so I guess he went to jail
- Check the Welfare of a male walking next to the tracks in the 1800 Block of East Cabrillo
- 500 Block of East DLG Med call
- 2 Victims of a shooting in North County did not hear an address so no exact location only request for Cal Star and another AMR Unit
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Alamar at Foothill White BMW involved registered in Solvang
- Vehicle theft Lobby police department 215 East Figueroa
- Premises check Oak Park
- Transients in the creek bed behind the 100 Block of South Soledad.
- Vehicle into a building Ralphs on Hollister grocery store.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Great Weekend and before you leave your home or vehicle secure Everything...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Catm Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Tiny, Andy, Lola, PoPo, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry,Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, Bengie, Ricky, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger
Jan 17, 2020 12:11 PM
Wow dude camping in someone's yard. Why would he think that's a good idea?
Jan 17, 2020 12:41 PM
You would be surprised happens all over town squatters find empty structures too there are people sleeping everywhere..
Jan 17, 2020 12:45 PM
Roger, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
Obviously an awesome person, as both an animal lover AND Steelers fan.
May she rest in peace.
Jan 17, 2020 12:57 PM
Remind me, to NOT talk to myself, or I might be talking with the PoPo !!! Unless, the talker was make threats to themselves or others, I'd say let them have their conversation.
Jan 17, 2020 05:59 PM
I talk to myself all the time everyone leaves me alone.
Jan 17, 2020 06:28 PM
A few weeks ago, there was a young couple in a Van getting ready to camp on our street. This wouldn't have been detected as soon as it was, but the couple had made the mistake of parking directly in front of our house, where we like to park. When I approached their Van to speak with them, it was obvious they were getting ready to bed down for the night. What amazed me was how young the couple was and how easily the guy lied to me. I knew he was lying to me, telling me he and girlfriend were actually living in a house nearby, but he was so believable, so convincing. Thankfully, he and girlfriend moved their vehicle within a few minutes and weren't seen again. Even as I write this, I am still astounded by how honest the guy seemed. Sure glad things were resolved in a friendly manner.