Scanner Reports 1-14-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
SUNday Morning Prowler. Many years ago when I first moved here I heard a Prowler snooping around one early morning. I snuck out of my cottage with my pick-ax, when the guy saw me he took off like a bat outta Hell! I came running around the corner, ax raised and said in so many words "I'm going to take off your friggen head!" It was funny because he was so scared he dumped a very expensive racing bicycle he had been riding, I'm sure he ripped it off elsewhere. I knew the guy He was a registered sex offender living on the streets traveling around town to town. His name was Chris. I chased Chris down the driveway and around the corner, by the time I got next door he was beelining over the railroad tracks, it was pretty funny. Not only did I rescue someones bicycle and turn it over to the PD, I found a little cash money in the driveway too.
Sunday morning I woke up early as I usually do, did my deed and went back to bed. I lay there tossing and turning, pain in my hip, lower back, and neck unable to sleep. I was in so much pain I could not get back to sleep and I started thinking about all the difficulties I'm having in my life now, which is really the worse thing you can do while trying to get back to sleep. I fell asleep somewhere along that train of thought and woke up what seemed like minutes later to noise outside, it was still dark. The noise was loud it did not connect at the time but someone was most likely smashing plastic probably to recycle. I got out of bed, grabbed my flashlight, my pickax handle, the pickax no longer on it. I started for the door and tripped over a cat toy cursing loudly almost falling to the floor my bones were creaking loudly. I forgot my glasses and had to go back and get them, I had to turn on the light to find them the I had to use the head. About 20 minutes later I snuck outside flashlight in one hand pickax handle in the other. The Prowling Recycler was long gone I stood in the driveway looking around feeling cold. I looked down my PJ bottoms sliding down toward my ankles...I pulled them up went back in my house and made a cup of tea. Here are your Scanner Reports
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 2 Juveniles caught Shoplifting at Ralphs 100 West Carrillo they were with the manager
- Highway 101 Northbound at Refugio was a medical call but it turned out to be a naked male who is a registered sex offender.
- SBPD officer on a pedestrian shake in Alameda West at the Gazebo.
- Premises check 1000 Block of State street.
- Code 40 Female down at 7 South Milpas Carls Jr.
- Subject threatening to shoot people no gun seen in the 1200 Block of State street Indian male long sleeve white shirt blue jeans.
- 415 Verbal argument 100 Block of Powers.
- Fish hook in foot 3900 Block of Via Lucero, Med Call.
- 20002 11 West Figourea black Audi driver walked away.
- 417 Brandishing a screwdriver at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo
- Some type of 415 subject wrapped 1200 Block of Punta Gorda not sure why just heard they were wrapped and hauled away like a piece of carpet.
- Theft of checks investigation SBSO Station lobby.
- Juveniles ripped off beer from Vons Turnpike.
- Fall victim 700 Block of East Victoria.
- Burglary 1100 Block of Chino.
- Motorcyclist into a ravine 300 Block of Mountain Drive non injury
- Bon Fire on Miramar Beach
- 415 Domestic 3700 Block of San Remo male hitting himself in the head with a water bottle.
- Drunk Driver Storke and Hollister
- Hit and Run at 7-11 in Ellwood blue Ford Focus female driver
- Theft of Food from Starbucks 1235 State street thief is now refusing to leave, I guess they want a cuppa coffee too.
- Theft investigation from Antique Alley in the 700 Block of State street suspect a Black Male Adult wearing a black fedora, blue jacket, and red shoes, got away the first time then came back for seconds I'm not sure they caught him the 2nd time he came back.
- Hazardous condition small coffee can on fire in the middle of the parking lot at Washington School 290 Lighthouse
- Hit and Run Fire hydrant on La Cadena East Side.
- Assault victim head laceration State street underpass 300 Block of State street.
- Shoplifter at Metro Entertainment 6 West Anapamu HFA.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Premises check SBCC West Campus.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park Expansion.
- Vehicle vs 3 Pedestrians Anacapa at Anapamu injury accident.
- Premises check Washington School.
- 415 Family 100 Block of Terrace.
- Shoplifter 1100 Block of East Clark.
- Subjects drinking behind 524 State street.
- 3 Aggressive panhandlers trespassing at Marshalls 900 Block of State street.
- 242 On APS at the Riveria Theatre contact the manager.
- 288pc Investigation on the upper West Side 288 is Child Molestation.
- Female refusing to leave the Upham Hotel 1404 DLV.
- 415 Domestic Ex Hubbie banging on the door 600 Block of DLV
- Hit and Run 6500 Block of Cordoba Drive SUV hit 3 parked cars Dark colored Mazda.
- Med Call 600 Block of San Pascual.
- GRAFFITI IN MY MILPAS UNDERPANTS! I did not hear the call just saw it I guess I'm going to have to change my MILPAS UNDERPANTS because they really have been a mess lately liquor bottles, beer cans, Pizza boxes.
- Subject in PHF called and said he was being held there against his will.
- PHF Called and said someone was disturbing being 415 there.
- 415 Fight in the 200 Block of West Carrillo everyone gone when police got there.
- Male exposing himself in the 700 Block of Cacique.
- Highway 246 at Riverview lines down.
- Check the Welfare of a subject living in the 1200 Block of Liberty.
- 415 Fight at the Fig Tree transients beat someone up victim last seen heading to Amtrak
- Subject called police reported their car missing or stolen a 1999 silver Toyota SBPD Officer found it in a City Parking Lot they possibly misparked it.
- 415 Son 5500 Block of Armitos in Goleta.
- 415 Subject threatening qat 7-11 331 West Montecito.
- 459 To a vehicle suspect chased hiding on a roof in the 4400 Block of Olivera, he might have got away.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Subject sitting on the roof of the former Aldos restaurant in the 1000 Block of State street
- Keep the Peace call 200 Block of Oceano
- 23152 Drunk driver leaving the Mesa Cafe in the 1900 Block of Cliff Drive White Ford F-150
- Report of a female going into residences on West Sola 500 and 600 Blocks
- 2300 Block of Mission Ridge tree down on wires
- Check the Welfare of a resident in the 1200 Block of Blanchard
- SBPD on 2 Subjects Powers at Cacique also on a Wanted subject
- SBSO was on a foot pursuit On the Rail Road Tracks West of Fairview, around the golf course and La Patera I think they had warrants and were also wanted for 148pc
- Subject with a Felony Warrant on Stanley Drive female driving agree Prius with paper plates 100 Block of Stanley Drive reporting party was a Bail Bondsman
- A reporting party found a female in her vehicle that did not belong there in the 100 Block of East Canon Perdido
- Subject threatening the CHP for towing their car either 29 North Milpas or 29 South Milpas take your pick
- At Mission and Alamo Pintado a group of Turkeys wandering in the road the GOP came to Solvang
- 3 Vehicle accident San Andres at Carrillo non injury
- 10851 Stolen Ford Ranger On Live Oak Road in Los Olivos by the Daughter in Law
- in the 1700 Block of Grand Ave. a Female got into the reporting parties car and demanded she take her somewhere
- Illegal camper in the Union Bank parking lot beige and green RV 3400 Block of State street
- Suspicious circumstances HFA and a juvenile walking into residences in the 800 Block of Miramonte.
Will I'm waiting for that rain got all my stuff covered up Hopefully we will be getting a little rain here..That is all outta me have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Lola, PoPo, Andy, Tiny, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Willie, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Jan 15, 2019 09:17 AM
Roger, Your life stories would make an interesting movie. Amazing experiences. Thank you for sharing them.
Jan 15, 2019 04:08 PM
Thank You for commenting...