Santa is Still Being Safe title=

By Cyndie

Freeway Santa at his new home at 2801 Ventura Blvd in Oxnard is staying safe.  He is wearing a mask and warning motorist on Hwy 101 to “Be Safe” and “Take Care.”  Thank you Santa!

a-1593802205 Jul 03, 2020 11:50 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

I would expect nothing less from this legend of a man. Many thanks to those who helped him tie on his mask.

Potif Jul 04, 2020 09:19 PM
Santa is Still Being Safe

So good to see Santa being safe, and spreading the word. I have truly missed seeing him on Santa Claus Lane. I hadn’t heard where he had gone to, and feared the worst for him. SO VERY GLAD to know he DID find a good home :)

REX OF SB Jul 04, 2020 10:27 PM
Santa is Still Being Safe

I don't man to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but when I was much, MUCH younger there was a local legend that that particular Santa was evil and you must never look directly at it. I always looked the other way when driving past it on the freeway. I was actually relieved when Santa took up his new residency in Oxnard. Does anyone else remember this legend, or am I just entering the springtime of my senility?

JSG Jul 04, 2020 10:58 PM
Santa is Still Being Safe

That’s a slightly amusing story rex! The mask on Santa will do as much good as the masks on people. Except we will have reduced oxygen intake and increased carbon dioxide intake. Don’t worry we will be saved from Santa and Christmas by Bill Gates and worldwide communism.

a-1593930294 Jul 04, 2020 11:24 PM
Santa is Still Being Safe

55 years living within 20 miles of Santa Claus Lane and I never heard that or its like.

a-1593934473 Jul 05, 2020 12:34 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

REX, Someone was pulling your leg------big time. Signed, Born & Raised (and played at Santa Clause Ln. a lot, too, when growing up).

a-1593934596 Jul 05, 2020 12:36 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

Oops. Did I just type in "Clause?" Coal in my stocking from now on, I suppose.

a-1593936811 Jul 05, 2020 01:13 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

JSG If reduced oxygen and increased carbon dioxide are the results of mask wearing, why do surgeons and surgical nurses never complain?

sandy1 Jul 05, 2020 09:20 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

I tested this with a pulse oximeter for 1 hr double masked vigorously walking with pulse rate 95-130 and maintained a 97%-99% O2 sat level. No change to my normal baseline oxygen levels .

LCP112233 Jul 06, 2020 10:47 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

Rex. I think it's just you. But his eyes are pretty scary looking.

macpuzl Jul 04, 2020 11:27 PM

JSG - You are mistaken on masks:
===========================================================================

DTOM Jul 05, 2020 09:55 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

Such propaganda! Remember the poster of young men and women smoking cigarettes back decades ago...only to find out a surgeon general warning lable is on every single pack now??? Time will tell. Breath all the fresh air you want since everyone else's carbon dioxide is being re-inhaled...makes for nice clean summer air for those that arnt scared!

YELLOWFIN Jul 05, 2020 09:55 AM
Santa is Still Being Safe

JSG, if a person is infected but has no symptoms and doesn't know that they are infected they can infect people near by. If this person coughs or sneezes, infectious particles get thrown around. The cloth mask protects the other people by containing the particles. If you're having trouble breathing through your mask, perhaps it's too thick. I had one with a removable filter. I couldn't get air through it until I removed the filter. After that it was the most comfortable mask to wear and I felt good about protecting my family.