Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video title=
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

Did you miss this year's Summer Solstice Parade or are you just sad it's over? Relive the fun by watching the below video of the parade by local videographer Brian Peddicord.

Local photographer Ronald Williams captured this great photo of Pali X-mano and Raven Amber leading the Solar Creature float ensemble.

a-1571498176 Jun 29, 2019 02:10 PM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

Thanks! Great video - I've given up going because it is so crowded. Your video could have been twice as long and it would have been even greater! :)

All Sides Jun 28, 2019 02:38 PM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

Nice editing Brian. Back in the 70's I worked with a guy at Pacific Tree Service who was very involved in this parade. Our boss, Wayne, let us use a boom truck to put up the banners on the street light pole arms on Cabrillo Blvd. in the morning before the parade. Then, I usually got drafted to get inside a float and push. It was always fun. Until the clean up. Ha. My hat is off to all of the behind the scenes people as well as the "paraders".

BrianPeddicord Jun 28, 2019 03:07 PM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

Thank you very much for the comment! The parade is my favorite event of the year to film. I grew up watching it and I'm happy to be a part of it. There is so much work that goes into it, really amazing.

mielemai Jun 28, 2019 06:41 AM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

Wow - thanks for capturing our group and the entire parade so well, Brian! (I was part of Cris Basimah's belly dance troupe that danced up the "hallway" of red-feathered Hip Brazil samba dancers -- sooo fun.) I always look forward to your Solstice videos and this one did not disappoint. Thanks again.

BrianPeddicord Jun 28, 2019 03:06 PM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

You're very welcome! Thank you for being a part of it. Cris and all of you make the parade so much more fun, I love filming you all. I appreciate your support :)

a-1571498176 Jun 27, 2019 10:30 PM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

W-O-W. They really outdid themselves this year with the costumes. Terrific, absolutely sublime. If I'd known Aquaman, Freddie Mercury and Bruce (the shark) were going to be there, I might have made the effort to attend.

a-1571498176 Jun 27, 2019 02:07 PM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

Oh thank you thank you thank you! I was asking for a video. I am always too sick to be at the parade these past few years and I love the Solstice Parade. I am so excited. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

BrianPeddicord Jun 27, 2019 02:38 PM
Santa Barbara Summer Solstice Parade Video

It's my pleasure! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's my favorite event of the year to film. I wanted to capture the fun energy of the parade. Thank you for your comment :)