Santa Barbara Named Best Travel Destination
Santa Barbara has been named one the top 7 best weekend getaway spots in North America, according to a list by Tasting Table. Of course, we're already aware of how amazing it is here, but it's always interesting to see how our little blue town by the big blue sea stacks up to others.
The article points out the Spanish architecture, the palm tree-lined streets, our laid-back vibe, beaches, wine, and fantastic dining that make "... this West Coast darling the ultimate underrated destination." Locals would not call this area underrated, but we'll let it slide.
What are the other 6 weekend getaway locations to look into for your next quick travel? See the list below:
- Portland, Maine: lighthouses, craft breweries, and museums
- Santa Catalina Island, California: Just a quick drive and boat ride away from Santa Barbara
- Banff National Park, Alberta Canada: snow sports, glaciers, and alpine lakes
- Cancún, Mexico: white sandy beaches, a quick airplane ride, and it won't break the bank
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota: culinary nightlife and music scene
- Quebec City, Canada: you might feel like you're in France, but nope it's Canada.