Sand Bag Information for City of Goleta Residents
Source: City of Goleta
Today's storm is a good reminder to make sure you are prepared. The City provides sand and burlap bags for our residents to protect their homes from storm damage. It is recommended to prepare your property for future storms by filling your sand bags a few days prior to a heavy rain. Three self-service sandbag stations are located at:
- Fire Station 11 (6901 Frey Way and Storke Road just south of Santa Felicia, across from the main post office)
- Fire Station 14 (320 Los Carneros Road next to the Stow House Museum lot)
- Goleta Valley Community Center (5679 Hollister Avenue)
The City’s sandbag stations are stocked and ready for residents. Here are some things you should know about sandbag pick up:
- Sand and bags are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Pick up is open during daylight hours, seven days/week.
- 20 bag limit (additional bags can be purchased at home improvement stores).
- Bags are for residents.
- Bring your shovel to fill the bags.
- It is easiest to fill the bags with two people — one to hold the bag and the other to shovel the sand.
For disposal of old Polypropylene sandbags:
- Residents may displace old sand in planters or on lawns, and dispose of bags in their trash containers.
- Residents may also bring their old filled bags to Public Works Corporate Yard located at 6735 Hollister Avenue (behind the Deckers building) for disposal.
Stay informed, register for emergency alerts from Santa Barbara County at readysbc.org, and sign up for emergency information from the City at https://tinyurl.com/GoletaEmergency. Get more tips on winter storm preparedness here.