Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Code 211: strong arm robbery at the Chromatic Gate in the 600 block of East Cabrillo Street. The victims followed the suspects west. SBPD is responding.

yacht rocked Jul 17, 2020 04:39 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Taser up. Civilian versions available. If you're over 16, not a felon, and not an addict, it appears to be legal in California.

Minibeast Jul 17, 2020 01:38 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Roger, best to err on the side of caution. Good for you, being aware and keeping things schtum when they might be accessed by the riffraff. Haha. Riffraff. Actually means "scum," too, but sounds so much more euphemistic.

Roger Jul 17, 2020 06:09 AM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Did they call it in @LUCKY? I don't recall hearing anything about H&S Sales in that area though I don't post crimes in progress much because I want the police to have a chance at busting the criminals.

Roger Jul 17, 2020 08:27 AM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Some people have Edhat on the I-Phones I have known of several crooks who check on line news sources while committing crimes I know of another site who's reader list is packed with criminals. I choose to not warn criminals that the police are about to surprise them by posting crimes too fast. I do not want to get anyone hurt by posting news if it comes to that you can do it.

SBWalkers Jul 17, 2020 08:00 AM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

I don't think criminals in process are stopping to read Edhat.... you should, if you can, post crimes in process bc maybe Edhat readers could help... just sayin...

Lucky 777 Jul 16, 2020 10:23 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Last week some out of town clients of mine were staying at the Doubletree and walked over to view the Chromatic Arch. THREE separate individuals approached them to sell them drugs. They were a little surprised, and a little scared.

SBLetsGetAlong Jul 16, 2020 08:51 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Anyone else keeping track of this stuff?
I heard a person comparing their City to Gotham. We’re not there yet, but the crime rate sure has increased.

ChemicalSuperFreak Jul 17, 2020 05:12 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

The Sheriff's report came out a couple of months ago, and indeed petty and property crimes are up, while violent crimes are down. "Across the board" it's actually a increase in 2019 compared to 2018. See: https://www.sbsheriff.org/santa-barbara-county-sheriffs-office-releases-2019-crime-stats/

a-1595016417 Jul 17, 2020 01:06 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Major crimes may be down; but petty crimes and property crimes, thefts, vandalism, break-ins, trespass, illegal solcitation are way up.

a-1595015814 Jul 17, 2020 12:56 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Factually inaccurate. Crimes rates are down across the board. Sheriff and SBPD have stated this.

Roger Jul 16, 2020 06:52 PM
Robbery at the Chromatic Gate

Suspects are 2 males, Hispanic on black cruiser bicycles with pink rims one is wearing a Cowboys hat.