By Roger the Scanner Guy

Report of a fight involving three females and one male over roadrage at the BoatHouse Restaurant, 2981 Cliff Drive.

Roger May 31, 2021 04:59 PM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

It's code 4 now I have not been there in many years I used to walk to Goleta Beach and back from there. One of the last times I was there I went to far out during low tide then got stuck on a reef when the tide came in...I was screaming like a little girl till my friends came out and got me..lol

Sail380 Jun 01, 2021 11:50 AM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

Any other racial, economic, religious or ethnic groups you want to degrade while your at it.
We know your true colors now.

Sail380 Jun 01, 2021 12:40 PM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

SACJON If the General uses a derogatory name towards one group or area, the General most likely has similar feelings about racial, religious, gender or ethnic groups.
That's How!!

sacjon Jun 01, 2021 12:55 PM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

SAIL - eh.... not sure. If an area is known for some trashy antics, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with race or gender, etc. Like, when everyone trash talks IV as some party town full of dumb drunk college aged kids doesn't mean they also hate people from India or women or something. See what I mean?

Sail380 Jun 01, 2021 01:25 PM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

SACJON, Sorry I don't know what you mean. I try and treat all with respect and dignity. But be my guest and make fun of those you feel are inferior to you.

a-1622574345 Jun 01, 2021 12:05 PM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

More Iike, social media has made it so you hear about every kerfuffle that happens anywhere in town. It's always been this way, you just never heard about it.

therabbit Jun 01, 2021 06:21 AM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

Nobody was brawling. It was just one of the resident crazies verbally threatening the women.

Henry Sarria May 31, 2021 09:31 PM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

Today was kind of crazy. I submitted a story to Edhat today about an incident in Goleta, might be posted tomorrow.

a-1622561291 Jun 01, 2021 08:28 AM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

My favorite beach, and great restaurant, but ever since social media blasted the location far and wide, I have given up going- too frustrating to circle the parking lot; there has GOT to be a solution that the City and County could put their heads together and come up with to mitigate the situation

Minibeast Jun 01, 2021 11:18 AM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

Careful what you wish for. It hasn't been that long since the City was pondering a proposal to charge for parking at Hendry's. And, if I recall correctly--- it was for timed parking.

bosco Jun 01, 2021 08:53 AM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

It's a great beach, but the parking gives me anxiety. Inevitably, someone sits around waiting for someone to leave causing a massive backup. if you move too quickly you risk losing a spot behind you in line. I can't count how many times I have been stuck behind someone while they waited for group of people to casually pack their car while other spots opened up further down. I'm surprised this doesn't happen daily there. Too many people these days don't have the patience and won't follow the social protocols of this type of situation. There needs to be an attendant. Someone to direct people to spots in order they came. I just don't see another way.

cwazny Jun 03, 2021 10:01 AM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

That was Rob Simpson. I was in the same platoon as him in The Marine Corps. He was trying to break up a fight. Semper Fi Robbie!

Rypert Johnson Jun 02, 2021 10:33 AM
Road Rage Fight Near Boathouse

I go away for a peaceful Memorial Day weekend and come back to all this. Can't leave you kids alone for one second!