Reported by edhat readers

• On our TV, CNN and other live news stations were jammed or pulled off air in last 20 minutes of Democratic debates. The screen looked like confetti. Stations with prerecorded material like sitcoms came through OK. Does anyone know what happened?

• Is there something wrong with Cox's tv service? It's not working for me.

• I live near Oak Park and have been experiencing a Cable TV outage since last night. Their website does confirm an outage in my area however I am unsure how widespread it is. Last night my internet was also roughly 10mbps on a 150 mbps plan. Passing this info along to help others. Once the issue is resolved, you can request a credit from Cox for the inconvenience.

tagdes Jul 31, 2019 08:02 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

Our's was only out for about 3 hrs in San Roque but we did switch over to our small indoor antenna which gets about 20 hi def channels. No CNN but has the locals, PBS and others as discussed numerous times here. It's a nice back up just in case and we've already had a few times in came in handy.

a-1568746959 Jul 31, 2019 07:26 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

154/foothills area. Cox TV still out, latest estimate for repair is 11pm. Internet not affected.

LCP112233 Jul 31, 2019 04:18 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

Direct TV. After over 10 years I can count the problems I have had on 1 finger. Since ATT took over I sometimes am unable to forward through commercials on my dvr though. Kind of maddening.

helena Jul 31, 2019 04:15 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

NOT happy that this occurred during the Democratic debates, which I am far more interested in than the Super Bowl. Can't they deploy the new Contour system during the wee hours of the morning the way other companies do such things? And why can't Cox proactively credit accounts for the time they are down? They are very well aware of the time they are down. Am paying >$2.5K per year to Cox here. Am tired of regularly seeing "There is currently an outage in your area" when I check my account, and yet I have to waste time calling in to get credit for services they are not providing?

KuroNeko Jul 31, 2019 02:19 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

Not hearing anyone else mention it, but I did a Google search for 'solar radiation storm yesterday or today' and there were some interesting search results.

macpuzl Jul 31, 2019 03:16 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

The current gentle stream of solar wind from a coronal hole would have little to no effect on even broadcast TV, let alone cable: http://www.spaceweather.com

a-1568746959 Jul 31, 2019 02:13 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

I was ready to watch the debate but my Cox wasnt' working for broadcast channels - Showtime came in fine though. Turned off the TV instead which probably kept me from further lowering my IQ...

a-1568746959 Jul 31, 2019 01:42 PM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

My Cox internet service is still down. Earlier today their recording said they expected to be back up by 12:18pm. Now it’s 5:23pm. How widespread is this? I’m down by Butterfly beach.

a-1568746959 Jul 31, 2019 11:29 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

Well finally! I thought my box had fritzed out! We went through all the connections and such (realized it after Cox had closed) and saw nothing on EdHat so figured it was my problem. Why are we just hearing about this now?

Potif Aug 02, 2019 11:56 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

You can call their line 24 hours a day to report outages, or problems. I have it on speed dial. 1-805-683-6651

Carrotville Jul 31, 2019 11:09 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

I’m in More Mesa area. Pixelated last night all channels. Today the remote is moving so slowly, it might as well not be working at all.

ternst Jul 31, 2019 10:16 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

The amount is pro-rated. If you pay roughly $200 a month that comes out be about $7 a day, divided by 24 hours in a day which is $.29/hour. If you were out for 6 hours you will get $1.74. The phone call will cost you more.

Potif Aug 02, 2019 11:52 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

It should be a free call for most. Unless using a cell phone with minute limits. And it was out for a LOT more than six hours for many.

a-1568746959 Jul 31, 2019 09:45 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

What's the number to call to request a credit for the time lost? TV was out from about 6:30 for hours. I called but got only a recording. I have seen on nextdoor that the amounts offered vary, the highest mentioned being $50. Thanks!

CS805 Jul 31, 2019 10:15 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

1-805-683-6651. Wait until your TV is restored though as your credit could be longer.

a-1568746959 Jul 31, 2019 09:15 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

My tv, all stations, went out before the debates started -- at least 1/2 before, and until midnight. I was able to watch DVR programs.

CS805 Jul 31, 2019 09:06 AM
Residents Report Cox TV Outage

Cox told me that they were doing upgrades on their countour platform yesterday and the upgrade crashed. Every channel was unwatchable for me and Netflix via the contour box crashed as well. Make sure to request credits when this is resolved.