Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

By catmom

We are looking for a location for a rehearsal dinner in July. It needs to be downtown or further east and must accommodate 50 people. Suggestions, please?

SandyinSB Dec 31, 2017 12:05 PM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

The Palace Grill. I just had an event there, and it's fabulous! There's also Jane, but people love The Palace!

bgallery Dec 31, 2017 09:35 AM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

I had my daughter's actual wedding dinner for 27 people just by making a reservation at the Biltmore dining room. Guests could choose from several items, we brought our own wine, paid a corkage fee and dined in a corner of the restaurant in front of the fireplace. It was perfect. The staff were wonderful and it cost me less than hiring a hall, going to the hassle of hiring a caaterer, organizing the menu etc. One phone call and it was done. So easy and the food was fantastic and the venue incomprable. And, of course, many guests arrived early and bought their own drinks at the beautiful bar.

420722 Dec 31, 2017 03:11 PM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

Haha they do that everytime food questions come up. At least try and pretend to be a customer! Jeeeeez. I think the palace would be the funnest if your into that sort of thing.

a-1532034358 Dec 30, 2017 12:58 PM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

I would think that a great location for something like you've described would be at The Benchmark Eatery (interesting name!), which is conveniently located at the corner of State and Anapamu. Plenty of parking within less than a block away at Lot 5 and Lot 6, so no worries for anyone running late to find an easy-peasy place to park. It's our go-to place whenever we have out-of-town guests, or family gatherings because: the food is good, the service is fantastic, and the price....v-e-r-y reasonable. The "Bench" would be my strong recommendation for all of the reasons described above.

a-1532034358 Dec 31, 2017 08:38 PM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

Benchmark supporters have quite a reputation online in SB, especially at The Restaurant Guy's site. Someone shills for them all the time -- like this post.

a-1532034358 Dec 30, 2017 11:50 AM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

Stella Mare's is a great suggestion. Also the new Blackbird Restaurant in the Californian hotel, Convivo in the East Beach Inn.

Biggerjigger Dec 30, 2017 09:24 AM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

Harbor Restaurant does a good job. My sisters was there and it was nice for out of town guests to be right on the water

cbilly Dec 30, 2017 09:09 AM
Rehearsal Dinner Location Suggestions

Wanna save $$ -rent out a clubhouse at a condo village and hire caterers. I know of a huge one by the pool - rarely used. Ofcourse if you want to spend $$ and impress - Wine Cask!