Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

By an edhat reader

I saw this post for my neighborhood next door page and it was too heartwarming not to share. We could all be reminded of small acts of kindness and share them with others.

I was in TJs earlier today putting together a care package for a friend who is in a nursing home and not doing too well. She had specifically requested some Kind bars. I got a dozen or so and some other treats and went to the checkout. The young cashier commented on how yummy the Kind bars were. I explained they were for a friend in a nursing home who wasn't feeling too great. He said, "Oh I'm so sorry, may I give you some flowers to take to her?"
I had to fight back the tears as we went to pick out the flowers that he was personally buying. So a big thank you to Jenson, whose radiant smile truly reflects his inner glow, you certainly made my day!

Babycakes Jul 11, 2021 09:34 AM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

We were so inspired by the acts of kindness reported here that we decided to pay for the meals of the two vehicles behind us at Chic-Fil-A yesterday! A little kindness goes a long way during these uncertain and trying times.

OGSB Jul 09, 2021 05:15 PM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

Thank you everyone for sharing these stories! All we ever hear about is the negative side of humanity these days. You all made my day better and inspired me.

McDuff Jul 09, 2021 11:10 AM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

OK, dear readers, here is another heart-warmer . . . At Sprouts (Fairview) with a large basket of groceries. Lovely lady with two kids showed up behind us with one item. We said that if that was all she had, she should go ahead of us. We insisted in response to her protests. Lovely smile of thanks and she was out the door after she was finished. Upon OUR checking out, our credit card was waived off. Cashier: "The customer ahead of you paid for your order." Me: "You gotta be kidding. Ours was over $100!" Cashier: "I told her it would be expensive, but she insisted." We tried to find her in the parking lot, but struck out.

Roundstar Jul 09, 2021 09:54 AM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

I live in Carpinteria, at the foot of linden by the beach is pennys snow cones and hot dogs. I was in line and talking with a family who lives in canyon country. The got there orders of shave ice and I ordered my hot dog. When I got out my money to pay penny said the people I was talking with had paid got my hot dog.

kantanen Jul 09, 2021 08:50 AM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

There are angels who walk among us . Thank you to T.J.s and to all of the kind people who make our planet more compassionate.

popcorn Jul 09, 2021 08:18 AM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

Another TJs flower story: A month or two ago, TJs had lilacs, a flower I adore as I associate it with May in Massachusetts when growing up. Lilacs blooming meant that summer + "No school!!" where around the corner ;-} I saw lilacs in a woman's cart + asked her where they were., whereupon she replied that she'd scored the last bunch. I asked if I might have a good whiff of their unique scent, then continued my shopping. A few minutes later, she came up to me + said: "These are for you." I'm with the Dalai Lama when he says that his first religion is kindness...

RockwellBAD2 Jul 09, 2021 06:32 AM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

Good morning. It’s so nice to read this and these stories of kindness. Keep it up folks. Last week an act of kindness was bestowed on me at the Turnpike Von’s. I said hello to a lady. Her name was Julia, I learned. We exchanged a bit more, not much. And somehow, she sensed I was not wanting to go shopping and asked why. I told her I was on my last, very last, six dollars but needed a few food items with my last dollars. She offered me $100.00.!! Out of her own pocket. I refused but she asked if she could just give me something. I refused again but she proceeded to go back to her car and then go to the ATM and handed me $20.00. I’m tearing up writing this. The next day, after I got my paycheck ( thankful to have a job ), I gave someone $20.00 that I didn’t know if she needed it or not. It made her day just as mine had been made by Julia. Thank you Julia.!!!

SoCalMommy Jul 08, 2021 04:36 PM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

The TJ's cashiers are a special breed. We have made genuine friendships with them and they always treat us with such kindness. A few weeks after my toddler was diagnosed with kidney disease, a cashier asked me about my day. When I told him things were rough, he stopped in his tracks, took my hands in his hands and looked me in the eye as I spoke. He walked me to the front, picked out a beautiful bouquet and handed it to me with a hug. Love them.

a-1625782968 Jul 08, 2021 03:22 PM
Random Acts of Kindness at Trader Joe's

TWO random acts of kindness, for the person putting the gift bag together and for the TJs employee. Well done everyone!