Power Outage in Mission Canyon

Reads 1946

By edhat readers

Power just went out up here in Mission Canyon around 7:30 p.m.. SCE says they'll have the power restored by 10:30.

Power outage near the Mission, what's up?

TaxiOnna Jun 08, 2022 10:47 AM
Power Outage in Mission Canyon

So I am also experiencing this outage, and it has been very strange - when I got home around 5 pm yesterday the power was clearly diminished, but not completely out. Lights turned on, but were dim. Fans turned on, but at a low speed. Some electronics (laptop chargers, modem) were completely dead. Power went totally out somewhere between 6:30 and 7 and stayed off until 8:30 or so. It must have gone off again overnight because my fridge was barely cold and power was out again the next morning.

I got a text from SCE saying that power would be restored at 6 pm tonight (6.8) but then another saying power was restored. I'm not home to check, but it's all very weird.

Sail380 Jun 08, 2022 11:58 AM
Power Outage in Mission Canyon

Just thinking with natural gas being banned in more and more places. Won't this be fun when that happens on a cold dark stormy night. No heat. No warm food. No lights. No EV charging to get to somewhere safe.
Progress!!!!

Sail380 Jun 08, 2022 02:05 PM
Power Outage in Mission Canyon

Not spreading oily FUD!!! I walk the talk. We installed solar on our house over 10 years ago. Drive a Prius and Audi ETron. Removed the grass and replaced with drought tolerant landscape before it was cool. I don't believe its smart to completely rely on one unreliable source of energy.

a-1654729840 Jun 08, 2022 04:10 PM
Power Outage in Mission Canyon

No more need to charge than to fill up with gas every night. Something you can't do at the gas pump if the power is out. But a home with solar panels will do just fine. No need to be a shill for carbon.

Always_Running Jun 08, 2022 12:24 PM
Power Outage in Mission Canyon

I’m up in the hills to. Was shocked to wake up to my stand-by generator running

dukemunson Jun 08, 2022 02:14 PM
Power Outage in Mission Canyon

Anyone thinking we should get rid of oil right now is...well they aren't thinking! Someday...we will. But that day is many many years ahead.

dukemunson Jun 08, 2022 06:25 PM
Power Outage in Mission Canyon

It’s crazy to read people who think they are logical say we no longer need fossil fuels. It’s literally a declaration that means you are completely divorced from reality.