Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter title=
Update by Santa Barbara Police Department
November 1, 2020

The Santa Barbara Police Department is requesting the public’s assistance to identify and locate a suspect and his associate involved in a battery that caused injury to a Santa Barbara man.

The attack occurred at approximately 3:20 p.m. Saturday, October 31, 2020, in the roadway of the 1100 block of E. Cabrillo Boulevard adjacent to the East Beach Volleyball Courts.

The victim and suspect did not know each other prior to the incident. The suspect was a beach goer that had been harassing numerous citizens on the beach and passing motorists before he attacked the victim after taking the victim’s hat and American flag that was affixed to his car.  The suspect fled east towards Butterfly Beach.

Santa Barbara Police officers, Harbor Patrol, and several citizens searched the area for the suspect, but he was not located.

The suspect is described as a white male adult in his thirties, approximately 6’ tall with a thin to medium build, short brown hair, green or blue eyes, with tattoos down both arms. The suspect was wearing dark colored swim shorts with no shirt, and no shoes. The suspect was accompanied by a white female adult, 25-30 years, with blonde hair, wearing the pink and blue bathing suit in the photographs attached to this bulletin.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Santa Barbara Police Department at 805-897-2346.

****WARNING: Relevant videos contain graphic language / content****

By Roger the Scanner Guy
3:24 p.m., October 31, 2020

Code 242: Assault with an injury at East Beach, the 1100 block of East Cabrillo between Ninos and the Bird Refuge on the beachside.

USA in ruins Nov 03, 2020 02:49 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Facts are being ignored. I cringe at the statement that a jury trial is the best system we have. I think it's more the jury deliberations that breakdown the ignorant into accepting facts. Sac why can't you answer questions from reason. Also I don't think that girl knew the instigator, otherwise the police would have caught this animal by now.

a-1604470713 Nov 03, 2020 10:18 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Jury deliberation cannot take place without a jury trial. I agree that deliberations break down ignorance (I was foreperson in a criminal trial long ago.) What options to jury trials do you suggest?

Alexblue Nov 03, 2020 10:52 AM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Do people have the right to get together in caravans with their pals and trail their colors and make a scene on behalf of their preferred candidate?

Yeah.

Would it also be great for EVERYONE to recognize that people are f@ing spun right now with emotion and we are in a particularly superheated and potential dangerous moment and maybe just choose not to go out looking for a conflict?

So maybe everyone can try and just stay calm and choose not to be tribal and selfish in your posture for a little while so we can all get through this period without anyone getting hurt.

Alexblue Nov 03, 2020 07:06 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Nostrachumash, is that a reference to tribes in the indigenous peoples sense? I'm talking about the type of tribalism that leads to violence and always has.

NostraChumash Nov 03, 2020 01:29 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

What's wrong with being "tribal" about this situation?..
Matter-of-fact, if everyone were being MORE tribal about our world, we'd be much better off.

d8vanilla Nov 02, 2020 07:57 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Trying to send a couple pictures of the bad guy. One picture is a close-up of his face & tattoos .... Hopefully, EdHat will post them. Not sure, but it looks like my comments from yesterday have been deleted for some reason. Or, maybe, I can't find them....

d8vanilla Nov 02, 2020 07:24 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

I also have a picture of that idiot... Earlier, during the rally, I was behind a motorcycle, and that idiot got into it, with the motorcycle guy, who wasn't some young guy either. The motorcycle guy kept his cool, stayed on his motorcycle, refrained from yelling, and tried to ignore him. The idiot spit on him, turned around, pulled his pants down , and mooned the motorcycle guy. He also tried to punch him, but missed.

GeneralTree Nov 02, 2020 03:59 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

He looks more like a drunk or an addict than someone actually out protesting for or against a candidate. At least he didn't plot to kidnap a governor, shoot anybody, run over anybody, causing intimidation at a voting station, or running into a car like the far right activists have been doing.

dukemunson Nov 02, 2020 07:51 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

That’s actually pretty good humor! It ties in subtly with the the other thread I’ve posted on way too many times today (having a thing with the mass shooting event denier CWAZNY). The shop (Errr guard hut) has a heater but it was cold today... and Yeah I do hate to crank the heater too high. I can break off work now though and while I do love engaging/helping you... my 3 year old is a bit more enjoyable to engage with... plus, in a sharp turn from you, she mostly tells the truth (Halloween candy consumption notwithstanding )...

GeneralTree Nov 02, 2020 05:48 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

The Proud Boys have beaten people senseless. This person took a hat and shoved someone. Really Crappy vs. Quite Crappy is nonsensical. Maybe it's time you go home for the night.

dukemunson Nov 02, 2020 05:12 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Pretty sure I just agreed with Roger that the Proud Boys are really crappy and the guy grabbing the hat is just kind of crappy. In Generaltree’s defense, he hasn’t tried to kidnap anyone and/or assault anyone that I know of (except perhaps the Edhat communities sense of coherent discourse... generaltree has assaulted the hell out of that!!). So... to reiterate/expand upon...

Proud Boys - really crappy
Drunk guy grabbing hat/assaulting - pretty crappy
Generalltree’s posts - message board crappy

GeneralTree Nov 02, 2020 04:57 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Only Duke could equate stealing a hat and shoving someone with a plot to kidnap a governor, shooting a protester, run over a protester, causing intimidation at a voting station, or running into another car.

GeneralTree Nov 02, 2020 04:55 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Agreed with Roger - the guy wasn't right to shove - but let's put things in perspective. Nobody got run over and killed like the Heather Heyer incident.

Roger Nov 02, 2020 04:47 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

It wasn't right that the guy was shoved but GeneralTree is right at least he wasn't shot, kidnapped, ran over things that the righties have been doing stalked on facebook by proud boys..

PitMix Nov 02, 2020 03:43 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

We first saw rolling caravans of armed militia members spraying bear spray on BLM marchers in Portland. Then we saw them harass a Biden-Harris bus into cancelling their rallies in Texas. There have been other reports of Trumpist behavior from these caravans. How many incidents have to happen before Democrats become acutely sensitive to these caravans and view them as a potential threat? For the first time, we are considering the need to buy a firearm so that we can defend our republic.

PitMix Nov 03, 2020 10:32 AM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

DM, the fact that you and I disagree on facts is a cause for real concern. Even if Biden wins and the Senate flips, there is still that fact that 45% of the country thinks Trump is the right person to lead this country, or maybe thinks things are so bad that it doesn't matter who our leader is. That doesn't bode well for our future. Chinese dynasties rarely lasted more than a few centuries, maybe our time is over too.

PitMix Nov 03, 2020 08:50 AM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

805, live and let live but I get irate when I see bullies being active, and the Party of Trump is the king of bullies and bullying language. If you don't agree then I am at a loss for ......

Basicinfo805 Nov 02, 2020 07:09 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Hey Pitmix it sounds like you wanna ramp the fight up even more and I think your kind of words are why we're in this situation in the first place. On both sides people are going way too aggro. You know you couldn't (and wouldn't want to) back it up on the street. I wouldn't either. I don't want a friggin' riot/fight on Cabrillo. That's for losers. Don't you agree? Can't we just all vote and stop hassling? Live with the results.

ZeroHawk Nov 02, 2020 03:24 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

so a trump supporter got his precious MAGA hat taken, acted like he was a tough guy and got shoved. this is what you girls are crying about? really???
it's THAT big of a deal to you, that you would sit here and whine and complain and make up a bunch of false notions? How about take it for what it is and then move on? Obnoxious trumpers cruise SB being obnoxious, loud, and threatening and intimidating others and one of them get has @ss handed to him. So what. Do you happen to know that this caravan was reported to have threatened several people about 20 minutes prior? Doubtful.

LooseCannon Nov 02, 2020 03:41 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

We have limits to free speech in this country. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, remember. Blasting car horns, being a public nuisance, and disrupting traffic flow isn't free speech. This was purely an aggressive and obnoxious display of muscle by the Trumpers. The cops should have intervened earlier to prevent the inevitable confrontation that resulted from their provocative and idiotic behavior. Shame on the SBPD for taking sides in this confrontation.

sblocal1967 Nov 02, 2020 01:01 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

I parked near the East Beach VB courts to go for walk south toward Butterfly beach. As I walked past the courts to watch the people playing I heard a guy say how great Covid has been since he is getting checks from the government and does not have to work. One of the other guys he was playing with said "me too" - "ho much are you getting?". These are able body young people probably in their late 20's. What struck me as odd is that they were saying this loudly - they could care less that I heard what they were saying - as if it was just a matter of fact thing to get handouts. Now I wonder if this same loser running from the police is the same person bragging about getting paid for doing nothing. These people are not irate about some political ideology - they do not want the gravy train to stop. Biden = lock downs and more hand outs. Trump = get off your lazy ass and get a job. Many liberals have valid points about the environment but they are getting drowned out by a generation of kids who are now adults who prefer to riot in the streets vs be productive contributors to society. Covid has been a windfall for these "takers" in the form of hand outs and a platform to act like selfish morons. I also feel bad for anyone (black, white, asian, latino, etc...) that has been wrongfully beat up/shot by bad cops. Their voice is also being hijacked by the "takers" of society.

Alexblue Nov 03, 2020 07:08 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Voice of Reason, I'm an independent. I you think Trump's policies are intended to serve a one but him, his family and his cronies, then you're a fool.

GOP. DNC. GTFO

Alexblue Nov 03, 2020 11:35 AM

SBLOCAL1967

I'm sorry, but the fact that you can make this statement about Trump's policies is laughable. "Do you vote for a person who is morally corrupt but whose fiscal policies and view on the political swamp are probably beneficial for the well being of our country"

Benefit of our country? No. Benefit of the wealthy elite of our country.

dukemunson Nov 02, 2020 03:31 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

It's a good point! Possibly the main thing of being president...is simply BEING PRESIDENTIAL!!! We tend to give Presidents way too much credit/blame for things going right/wrong, and a lot of what the two parties do at this point is pretty interchangeable. The President needs to at least appear to be the adult in every public room they are in.

bosco Nov 02, 2020 03:23 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Oh give me a break. I don't buy it. Please tell me from what program are people getting checks because of COVID. The only thing in place now is standard unemployment. No one is living comfortably in SB off government handouts. Biden does not equal more handouts and lockdowns. Biden want's more guidance from the Federal government so we have a more consistent approach to allow more to open not shutting down the economy. And as far as handouts go, Trump is pushing for his own party sign a multi trillion dollar stimulus bill. Do some nonpartisan research before spewing right wing propaganda. But I get it, you don't like change. But you should also know that the President has very little power to make major policy changes. What the President can do is lead by example and maybe bring out society back together a little bit by calling out extremists. Our society is being torn in half and Trump openly makes no effort to bring parties together. Rather he feeds off the division and only cares about his base. This President of the United States has the open and public support from the KKK and white supremacist organizations. That should say it all. We can disagree on tax policy, COVID response, economic reform, etc. But we should all agree that we just need to be better to each other. This story is an example of that hate and divide currently affecting the Nation. Policies aside, Trump is toxic to what makes this nation great. He is the opposite of what we all need to be better humans to each other. At least Biden seems to understand the societal issues plaguing our nation and speaks like a reasonable adult.

sblocal1967 Nov 02, 2020 02:37 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Sacjon - I get it - I am being overly simplistic with my take - I do not begrudge your viewpoint. But here is how I see it. Do you vote for a person who is morally corrupt but whose fiscal policies and view on the political swamp are probably beneficial for the well being of our country or do you vote for a person who is morally corrupt and senile and part of the political swamp whose policies will push our country towards socialism. Fact is people will vote how they want. I just wish politicians like Salud would not line their pockets with PAC money and can truly represent their constituents vs special interests. Years ago I vote for Ross Perot because he was a businessman who wasn't beholden to anyone. So maybe I am too much of an idealist when it comes to politics. I am just really concerned that Obama sent us on a course for college grads to become social workers who rely on hand outs vs job makers/creators which power our country's prosperity. Charities want $$$ not more volunteers. If you truly want to do good in the world, then make some money and never take a handout. Once you amass wealth, then donate to causes you care about. Why do you not see these type of people rioting? Because they are too busy working.

sacjon Nov 02, 2020 01:09 PM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

SBLOCAL - yeah, we're all voting for Biden so we can lock everything down again and get more handouts..... jeeeeez louise I wish you could see my eyes rolling haha!

sandpaper Nov 02, 2020 11:52 AM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

Umm, this is off topic but related somehow - and I haven't seen another thread mentioning this.
Calling for community eyes and ears.

On Friday, Oct 30th at Shoreline Park, a guy with long brown hair and a large gray un-neutered pitbull
caused an elderly woman to fall. A bystander told the guy to mask up and leash his dog. The guy
threatened the bystander, saying "If I see you again I will kill you."

Later, the bystander, an older person with a runner's build, was walking near SBCC, and the pitbull guy
came up on a gas-powered scooter, pulled over and stopped. The bystander was situationally aware,
and stood ready and watchful. The pitbull guy spit in his face. He was last seen turning to go down
Oceano Ave near SBCC. The police are looking for him, for assault. So if you know a more accurate
location or description for the pitbull guy, please let the police know.

How do I know this? The guy who got spit on called me over during my walk in that area today, and
told me this story this morning, because we are roughly the same build and he thought there could be a chance of a situation arising out of mistaken identity.

May you be safe and healthy, whatever your political tribe is if you have one.

sacjon Nov 03, 2020 10:24 AM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

ZERO - Mind you, I'm a Trump-hating liberal, but how is this self defense? The young guy started the incident with battery (unwanted touching, even when pulling a hat off someone's head), then the driver gets out to get his hat back. The young guy pushes him down to the ground before the driver can make any threatening moves (other than walking up to him). That is NOT self defense, just as what Kyle Rittenhouse, the traitorous coward, did was not self defense. You don't get to use the law as a defense when you provoked the encounter.

sacjon Nov 03, 2020 10:03 AM
Police Search for Man Who Shoved Trump Supporter

VOICE - do you know what the word "context," means? I've said over and over again, you can argue context. yeah, Maybe you think he meant one thing and I think he meant something else. that's called "arguing over context." I agree, his words can be taken different ways, but you can NOT deny he said the words he was recorded saying. I'm just pointing that out based on the original comment about what he said. He said those words. We can disagree by what he meant, but not that he said them. Do you understand now?

Pages