Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc title=
Photo by Scanner Andrew

By Tagdes

Helicopter 2 is responding to a pursuit of a suspect vehicle on Highway 154 southbound from Paradise Road.

tagdes Sep 10, 2021 05:27 PM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

I posted at 4:27, then Ed said I'm not subscriber and it took 10 minutes when I posted again at 4:37 during which I turned off the scanner since they weren't letting me post....sure looked like a cut off to me. All the critical info from the foot chase was gone by the then...whatever.

a-1631320496 Sep 10, 2021 05:34 PM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

If you leave yourself signed for long periods of time, on the order of at least several days, your login seems to time out, and you have to re-enter your name and password.

tagdes Sep 10, 2021 09:19 PM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

@5:34 , so my log in timed out when I just had to do it again yesterday and the day after. I've been wondering why I've had to do this like 3 times in the last week, that doesn't jibe with your long period of time idea.

ScannerAndrew Sep 10, 2021 05:41 PM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

Here's the rundown everyone: A 1994 Lexus sedan failed to yield at around Fairview on the 101; apparently this stop was initiated in the first place due to a non-functioning brake light, I believe. The suspects got off on the 101 somewhere and then headed eastbound on Cathedral Oaks. The pursuing units lost visual and called off the pursuit because they were driving too reckless. The vehicle was then seen by a unit heading up the 154, and the pursuit was called back on again. The suspects made a left onto W Camino Cielo and then units lost visual. Around 10-20 minutes later the suspects were then seen again in the area. They went back on the 154 heading towards the 192 (Foothill Road). They made a left onto Foothill Road and the pursuit was called off once again as they were driving onto oncoming traffic at high speeds. By this time copter 2 was overhead and was able to follow the vehicle. The vehicle drove around the city and then got back on the freeway northbound. The vehicle then got off onto Las Positas, and then stopped on Modoc where the suspects got out. Units responded to the area and immediately set up a perimeter.

tagdes Sep 10, 2021 08:27 PM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

Yeah, brilliant, I didn't have time to type all of that during the chase and give you all such a brilliant synopsis. Let me know next time Chevy67...glad no one cared about the dangerous pursuit...I won't waste my time again.

Lina24 Sep 10, 2021 10:50 PM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

Try not to take it so hard Tagdes. I used to be a Dispatcher, documented everything and relayed it, as you so brilliantly did, yet the PIO who recapped it to the public got all the praise. Go figure. Oh well, it was ok in the long run. I did my part. Thank you for doing yours. Please don't give up . I'm sure all who read your relay were as appreciative as I was, and also value your input during other incidents, too. Btw, you'd make a great Dispatcher!

CLK29 Sep 11, 2021 09:01 AM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

"Reports" of the scanner like this one here is just one reason I stopped checking in with Edhat regularly, I hate to say. Roger's were always hard to follow but this one is plain wrong. I live near Hwy 154 and Foothill and the helicopter flew over our house a couple of times so I tuned into Broadcastify to listen for myself. Anyone reading this comment: please remember that these Edhat Scanner Reporters are humans and can make mistakes, and we shouldn't take what they type here as fact.

tagdes Sep 11, 2021 11:42 AM
Police and Helicopter Searching for Suspect on Modoc

CLK29 I'd suggest you retract your statement. I was there in upper San Roque following the SO sheriffs' sirens and copter and posted exactly what was said with what...maybe several seconds delay. I'd been listening earlier and not that concerned as the were heading up the pass. I started when they turned around after Stagecoach and Paradise as no one else was posting. Yes, they flew over 154 and Foothill a couple of times. Andrew verified what I was posting for some of the comments. As I was posting some of the comments were from dispatch, some from copter 2 and some from the SO cars and motor unit. I was hearing 3 different sources and every thing I typed was fact. At 70 miles an hour there was not enough time for every detail...as I skipped Mission Cyn. Rd. and the Mission, I watched the copter over my head while getting the Mission Street post. Feel free to stop listening to Edhat but a lot of us myself included appreciate what's going on here.

Pages