By an edhat subscriber

Lots of police and two helicopters circling over west mountain and Gibraltar Rd. Seem to be searching for a suspect. Four or more cop cars at the bottom of Gibraltar as well like they are waiting for a suspect to exit the mountains.

cbilly Nov 18, 2017 01:23 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

Best movie ever - "Night Crawler" Opportunity knocks for you scanner dudes! I heard Debi D. at ABC used to give out BJS for exciting videos!

Roger Nov 17, 2017 05:16 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

I sure would like to know why removing those crashed vehicles off Gibraltar is such a problem it needs to be done the Orange X on the wrecks is not enough because people keep calling in these accidents..

420722 Nov 17, 2017 10:09 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

I agree roger! If we can build bridges over water and glass walkways over the Grand Canyon then we can definitely get those wrecked cars off the mountain. Why are they still there?

tagdes Nov 17, 2017 02:09 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

Those were 4 search and rescue vehicles at the bottom of Gibralter NOT police. Don't post false information. If you don't know what they are just say so.

a-1524283363 Nov 18, 2017 04:34 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

I must agree with Tagdes' reply. No one ever knows when your response to posts will be a "thanks" or a defensive, personal, taking offense statement.

tagdes Nov 17, 2017 05:40 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

Oh come on, enough of your defensive whining. I don't want to be breaking news. If I had not posted no one would have known or answered what was really going on up there. If you are the only one that can post emergency responses then this site is pretty worthless. You should be thankful for me clearing up a totally bogus initial post when you were out of the loop. PS, yes the responders treated this as an emergency, that's why they were all going code 3

tagdes Nov 17, 2017 02:34 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

It could easily affect people in the area if they think there is a felon running from the police where as It did not affect me in the least because I knew all along what was going on. Nope didn't ruin my day, lot of bogus news here along with several nut cases of late.

a-1524283363 Nov 17, 2017 02:15 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

Simmer down, no one was affected by the OP saying they were "cop" cars instead of S&R cars, well, no one except you apparently. Did that ruin your day?

tagdes Nov 17, 2017 02:04 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

It was sent out as a vehicle over the side in the 2200 block of Gibralter Rd. I tried to post it but Edhat refuses to use my current Email which I have given them at least 6 times so It never got posted. It was a fire and search and rescue call out with 4 search and rescue vehicles at the scene, city and county BC's, Co. Engine 15, City Engine 7 and Montecito 9402. Only cop was a CHP motor unit. All were released, nothing found. I often hear calls Roger misses but Ed won't let me post, so que sera.

pr56 Nov 17, 2017 03:37 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

Ed usually won't post an emergency scanner message until it's been verified . ROGER if you dont mind . How is it you can post emergencies live ? a password ?

420722 Nov 17, 2017 01:06 PM
Police and Helicopter Activity on Gibraltar

The headline to this thread....."Does anyone know why there's a lot of police and helicopter activity on Gibraltar"? if that's not a question then I don't know what is....