Podcasts in Santa Barbara County?

By TWOSCOOPS

Are there some good 2019 San Barbara Podcasts? It can be comedy, technology, political, or news (Edhat Podcast?). I really appreciate our local journalists! Are there any podcasts for, or by, Senior Citizens in Santa Barbara County? I'm new at this and haven't listened to any but I think it would be interesting. I would appreciate any guidance, please.

a-1555598044 Mar 12, 2019 06:32 PM
Podcasts in Santa Barbara County?

I wish the fire and police departments would do podcasts about various topics in SB County safety.

raulcano95 Mar 12, 2019 10:24 AM
Podcasts in Santa Barbara County?

This is a fairly new podcast to SB which focuses on SB life. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/santa-barbara-life-culture-podcast/id1385338835?mt=2

Lnj Mar 12, 2019 09:57 AM
Podcasts in Santa Barbara County?

AHA! Presents About Education. The show will be heard on AM 1290 in Santa Barbara and is streamed live at http://morenews.newspress.com/kzsb/player.html. They are on iTunes as well : AHA! Podcasts so you can check out our past guests and what we’ve discussed.

EastBeach Mar 11, 2019 11:11 PM
Podcasts in Santa Barbara County?

I listen to KCRW all the time and didn't know they produced podcasts with a local emphasis - awesome! These aren't local podcasts but some of my favs are Press Play with Madeleine Brand, Planet Money, Freakanomics, This American Life, and Fresh Air with Terry Gross. I use the Stitcher app on my phone and listen in the car via bluetooth but you can also access any of these using a PC/Mac. You can also cast from your phone to a TV using Chromecast. Google on "podcasts for seniors" for more focused suggestions. Enjoy!

TWOSCOOPS Mar 11, 2019 06:22 PM
Podcasts in Santa Barbara County?

I promised myself I'd learn about Podcasts in 2019, and I'll start with these recommendations for Santa Barbara podcasts. Thank you! All advice appreciated.

EastBeach Mar 12, 2019 12:59 PM
Podcasts in Santa Barbara County?

FYI, podcasts are pre-recorded shows that use the same technology as digital music files. When a show is pre-recorded it's called a podcast. When a show is broadcast and listened to live (like conventional radio) it's called a live stream. The most confusing thing about podcasts are (1) there are lots of different methods for listening to them, and (2) there is an evergrowing number of podcasts to choose from. You can choose from heavily-researched and highly produced shows to mom & pop stuff. Initially, podcasts were made available as mp3 audio files that you could download for playing on your PC/Mac using a software application. Eventually, they could be played directly on a website (so you didn't need software other than your browser). Then Apple iTunes and 3rd-party sites offered them for either download or playback from their proprietary application or website. These sites acted as aggregators/distributors of podcasts. Then with smartphones on the rise, applications like Stitcher began to act as mobile distributors so you could select and listen to podcasts anywhere (either by non-live streaming or one-time download to your phone). Most podcasts are free, especially those created by public radio, but some distributors have attempted to monetize podcasts by introducing commercials. I use all of the above methods.