One Death and 35 New COVID-19 Cases
By edhat staff
The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) is reporting an additional death and 35 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday.
The resident was over 70 years of age, had underlying health conditions, and lived in the City of Lompoc and the communities of Mission Hills and Vandenberg Village. This was the county's 91st death.
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
There are now 7,951 total COVID-19 cases with 228 being active. Of the active cases 52 are hospitalized with 22 in the intensive care unit (ICU).
More data can be found here: https://publichealthsbc.org/status-reports/
Cottage Health Specific Numbers
Below is a status update as of August 27, 2020.
- Cottage Health is caring for a total of 273 patients across all campuses.
- 222 are acute care patients; 166 acute care beds remain available.
- Of the 222 acute care patients, 7 patients are on ventilators.
83 ventilators remain available (adult, pediatric and neonatal ventilators).
- Of the 222 acute care patients, 20 are in isolation with COVID-19 symptoms;
18 are confirmed COVID-19 positive.
- Of the 20 patients in isolation, 6 patients are in critical care.
- From August 10–16:
2,591 COVID-19 laboratory tests were collected by Cottage Health.
Results: 117 positive, 2,474 negative
- From August 17–23:
2,292 COVID-19 laboratory tests were collected by Cottage Health.
Results: 97 positive, 1,988 negative, 207 pending