Milpas 7-Eleven Closed?

By an edhat reader

Anyone know the story behind the closure of the 7/11 on Milpas?  It’s been closed for several months now with lights on and fully stocked shelves.

nope Jan 28, 2022 11:28 AM
Milpas 7-Eleven Closed?

I think the same reason a few other 7 11 stores have been closed recently, no staff.

CelesteVerde Jan 28, 2022 02:26 PM
Milpas 7-Eleven Closed?

NOPE - Think again....
The truth is the franchisee/operator abandoned the business and walked away. A family member of mine works at the corporate level and gave me the scoop.

a-1643471367 Jan 29, 2022 07:49 AM
Milpas 7-Eleven Closed?

A 7-11 franchise is expensive to obtain. I find it hard to understand how anyone who put that much money into a business, even a failing one, would just walk away. There must be a lot more to the story.

nope Jan 28, 2022 04:41 PM
Milpas 7-Eleven Closed?

Just trying to offer up a reason, but hey, do we know WHY they walked away and abandoned the business? is it possible it was because they had, wait for it......NO STAFF!
I base this knowledge not on my vast network of 7 11 corporate lackeys but on the hand written note they had in the window that read, NO STAFF

Always_Running Jan 28, 2022 07:49 PM
Milpas 7-Eleven Closed?

Living around the corner, the Nextdoor app, is always filled with “why is 7/11 closed?” From what I can remember when they first opened the ran into issues. Then the floors had to be redone, then drink cooler stopped working, and then a drop in employees. Also the tow yard moved, so the employees (and victims, myself included) would buy snacks while waiting. It sounds like unfortunately they got screwed by there never ending problems, but hopefully they reopen.

a-1643500304 Jan 29, 2022 03:51 PM
Milpas 7-Eleven Closed?

The answer to "no staff" is to be a better employer. Higher pay, benefits, support when the employee needs time off for family or illness. Bottom feeder franchises like 7-11 make their profit by selling shoddy stuff at high prices and little sharing with their workers. Good riddance.