Medical Emergency on South Milpas

By Roger the Scanner Guy

It was a code blue medical emergency in the 200 block of S. Milpas Street. There was a lot of response from two engine companies, AMR and several PD Units..

positive-one Aug 16, 2021 10:05 AM
Medical Emergency on South Milpas

Hi Roger, I know you live in the area where this occurred so I'm curious if the scanner said person was by pallets or if that is where you saw the ambulance parked....
FYI- the person was not homeless and I agree we have AMAZING first responders!!

Localtransplant Aug 16, 2021 05:24 PM
Medical Emergency on South Milpas

This does not include AMR. AMR medics/EMTs are paid a little more than minimum wage because they are not government employees. No pension, no paycheck, no appreciation.

positive-one Aug 16, 2021 12:09 PM
Medical Emergency on South Milpas

Gotchya, thanks Roger for always looking out!!
We are all saying prayers for her, but signs are positive

Roger Aug 16, 2021 11:54 AM
Medical Emergency on South Milpas

I was in the shower when the call went out but heard code blue, South Milpas, and heard the sirens stop near by as I live 2 doors down. It took me awhile to get dressed and out as I have to bandage my legs other wise I would have been out earlier..By the time I got there AMR was gone and saw someone over by the pallets and assumed..I hope the patient makes it..

Byzantium Aug 16, 2021 10:25 AM
Medical Emergency on South Milpas

FYI - our first responders are our top paid public servants according to Transparent California. They know they are well-appreciated. by that fact alone. Montecito FD loves theirs even more.

Roger Aug 16, 2021 08:49 AM
Medical Emergency on South Milpas

That is what I love about our responders they don't give a shit who you are they just want to save your life, Fire Fighter personnel out of service with AMR to Cottage Hospital. Roger Out..

Roger Aug 16, 2021 08:44 AM
Medical Emergency on South Milpas

The patient was near the pallets at the Electric Supply Company there the call was for a code blue and when that call goes out there is always a heavy response by our responders to save a life.