March Edness 2019: Day 19

March Edness 2019: Day 19 title=
March Edness 2019: Day 19

It's Day 19 of this year's March Edness! Can you guess the location of the photo? Enter your guess in the form below by 8:00 p.m. and be specific. (What's March Edness? Learn all about it here.)

Point Value: 4

ANSWER

Guessing has closed and points have been awarded.

The correct location is the ol' Sisquoc Store at 4960 Foxen Canyon Road in Sisquoc.

The Sisquoc Store has served the small community of Sisquoc as its general store and gas station for over 110 years. It is identified with the 1910 Palmer oil boom in nearby Cat Canyon, and the gas station (no longer existent one of the earliest in Santa Barbara County. The Sisquoc Store is one of the few remaining examples of early 20th century rural western architecture in the county.

Day 19 Winners

• cones
  • kcottrell
  • macpuzl
  • HDB
  • LisaD
  • RexofSB
  • Penelope805
  • Britt
  • mfitch54
  • Rone
  • holazola

mfitch54 Mar 28, 2019 10:46 PM
March Edness 2019: Day 19

It's a nailbiter, folks! What happened Holazola?! Britt, make sure nobody schedules any Friday meetings. Rone, Penelope, get some rest! Or are you guys going to stay up til midnight? ONE MORE DAY!!! Sweet dreams y'all.

holazola Mar 28, 2019 10:53 PM
March Edness 2019: Day 19

Hmmm. I don't know Michelle. I'm pretty sure I submitted it correctly early this morning. But I make dumb mistakes sometimes. I sent an email.

REX OF SB Mar 28, 2019 11:03 PM
March Edness 2019: Day 19

Weird—this is one that I actually KNEW without having to Google it. I love taking the scenic route on Foxen Canyon from Los Olivos to Santa Maria, and usually stop at either the Sisquoc Store or the Garey Store for snacks. This is a great day trip, and I’ll bet the wildflowers are even in bloom right now.

a-1553861155 Mar 29, 2019 05:05 AM
March Edness 2019: Day 19

Ending up in Santa Maria (after seeing Foxen Canyon wildflowers and Sisquoc), you can eat lunch at the new Cracker Barrel Restaurant on Betteravia.

a-1553921965 Mar 29, 2019 09:59 PM
March Edness 2019: Day 19

Google seems to be the sleuth of choice for the people who "find" these daily pictures. Perhaps next year Ed can make this a truly challenging contest.

Roger Mar 29, 2019 10:07 PM
March Edness 2019: Day 19

I looked on google and could not find anything No this is Skill some people know where all these places are.