Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

By an edhat reader

I am going on vacation for a month and have no one to move my pickup to the opposite side of the street twice a week. Any suggestions for storage or other ideas? The airport lot seems pricey.

outdoorhighadventure Nov 27, 2019 03:45 PM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

Did you find anything? I'd be interested in what you ended up going with. There's a site https://www.neighbor.com that might have some long-term parking available. It's usually pretty cheap storage.

jak Nov 20, 2019 04:24 PM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

Depending on how “precious “ your ride is to you ask a friend with room to spare on their driveway or in their garage. I always used to store cars for friends in my garage when they travelled back when I lived in Goleta.

Jrocks805 Nov 20, 2019 11:52 AM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

I’ve parked at the Smart and Final store downtown Santa Barbara before for a month and they only charged me $100! I’d contact Denise she’s in charge of the lot (805) 680-304eight

a-1575767256 Nov 20, 2019 07:13 AM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

Take Back Our Public Streets! SB needs to create more paid parking lots especially around Milpas for work vehicles owned by residents. When 711 N Milpas was approved, anticipating 80+ more vehicles, parking wasn’t even considered. Same for 15 So Alisos . No parking for 14-40 homeless. Now that we can add up to two ADUs per parcel, where are cars to park when garages are converted? When a fire, will evacuation routes be passable?

Factotum Nov 20, 2019 05:04 PM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

We need high rise, stack and pack parking structures in our crowded residential neighborhoods. Just like they have in Europe. Design them well and they will blend into any existing multi-family neighborhood. Change the zoning ordinance to provide this expanded and sustainable land use. This is a great passive, taxable land use. Minimal need for water or electricity, provides a steady income stream, with no residential land-lord tenant issues, and no need for supporting schools. Make our dense neighborhoods livable again. Allow well-designed high rise parking structures in multi-family zones.

APHRODITE Nov 19, 2019 03:23 PM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

I use Easy Space Storage off Los Carneros ( https://www.extraspace.com/storage/facilities/us/california/goleta/1000001118/?cid=org::maps&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=org::maps) for storage. They are unusually clean, secure and friendly. They also offer vehicle storage.

nope Nov 19, 2019 03:20 PM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

Do we share a neighbor! Mine seems to forget to move one pretty regularly and gets a ticket that is probably half the cars value. It's fun to watch him return to his ticketed beater on camera, I would send him a highlight reel but I have no idea where the guy lives. If he parked on his own street maybe he'd remember to move them.

a-1575767256 Nov 19, 2019 12:23 PM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

If you're affiliated with a church, ask the pastor for an act of parking kindness. Might help offer a donation.

a-1575767256 Nov 19, 2019 11:09 AM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

A coworker paid a friend to move their car the 2x/week when street sweeping happened. Obviously their friend didn't take the payment so the coworker got them a really nice gift. Another option is maybe posting an ad asking to park it on someone's property for a small fee.

Bug Girl Nov 19, 2019 11:07 AM
Long-Term Parking in Santa Barbara?

see if any of the storage unit places offer long term parking. or find someone with a long driveway