Linden and Casitas Pass Project Update
Timeframe: November 19 - December 2, 2017 *2-week update*
In observance of the holiday, crews will not work on November 23rd and 24th.
Casitas Pass Road Overcrossing
- The falsework has been set, and crews are forming and installing rebar for the underside (soffit) and internal vertical supports (stems) of the bridge. Utility relocations will also begin.
- As needed, the Highway 101 southbound on-ramp at Casitas Pass Road and northbound off-ramp at Casitas Pass Road will be closed throughout the week of November 27th to off-load bridge steel from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Current progress on the new Casitas Pass Road Overcrossing.
Carpinteria Creek Bridges
- Highway 101 Bridges
- Northbound bridge (1st half): Opened to traffic on Nov. 1st
- Northbound bridge (2nd half): Embankment work that includes building up dirt for the approach areas will continue.
- Via Real Bridge
- Work on the safety barrier rail will continue on the new bridge. This work includes wood form work and rebar installation to prepare for the concrete railing pour.
- Drainage improvements continue.
Linden Avenue Overcrossing
- Work continues on excavation for wing wall footings and then wood form work and rebar installation for the walls.
- Rebar is being installed for the new retaining wall on southbound Highway 101 between Linden Avenue and Casitas Pass Road. This work precedes upcoming sound wall work.
- Drainage and irrigation work continues for the new on and off-ramps at Casitas Pass Road, median, shoulder areas, and along Casitas Pass Road near the construction yard.
Carpinteria Creek Bike Path
- The Carpinteria Creek bike path will remain closed for bridge work. There is a free EasyLift shuttle during the closure that runs between San Roque Mobile Estates and Rancho Granada Mobile Home Park (on Via Real) and Carpinteria Avenue (at Eugenia Ave, Palm Ave, Albertson’s, and City Hall) between 7:30 - 9:00 am and 2:00 - 5:30 pm every half hour. Please see on-site shuttle signs for more schedule information or click on: http://www.sbroads.com/
Upcoming Work: Fall 2017
- The southbound Highway 101 on-ramp at Casitas Pass Road will close for up to 2 weeks to enable ramp improvements.
- Sewer realignment work in preparation for the Nipomo Drive sound wall.
- Carpinteria Valley Water District will install a new water line on Linden Avenue in preparation for the new Linden Avenue Overcrossing. Once the overcrossing is built, the water line will be connected over the new bridge