By Sara L.

King Tides this morning in Montecito was not too impressive. It started at 8:45 a.m. and the next one is Monday at 9:25 a.m, which is expected to be 6.9' like today. Both photos were taken at Butterfly Beach in front of the Biltmore Hotel.

Seabird Nov 16, 2020 02:36 AM
King Tides in Montecito

When you have time to take a pic of king tides at the Biltmore in Montecito and post it to the community, but have nothing much else to say besides, "Not too impressive," that really turns me off. How spoiled.

oceandrew Nov 16, 2020 02:38 PM
King Tides in Montecito

The beauty of a diverse community is we don't all have the same expectations of anticipated events. The difficulty of a diverse community is acceptance that not all opinions will match our own.

Pugluvr1912 Nov 16, 2020 02:57 PM
King Tides in Montecito

Just let people enjoy things. Money has nothing to do with this

muitobem Nov 16, 2020 09:35 AM
King Tides in Montecito

For heaven's sake, Seabird, calm down. Comments like yours are supposed to turn us on?
As a lockdowner, I appreciate knowing how the King Tides have looked.

monkeyboy Nov 16, 2020 09:46 AM
King Tides in Montecito

We took our kids to Hendry's and then the breakwater. I agree that the King Tides were not very impressive at all. I've seen much more action just during a winter storm.

kohn1 Nov 16, 2020 11:23 AM
King Tides in Montecito

I guess this means no "The sea level is rising and we're all doomed".

Babycakes Nov 16, 2020 11:31 AM
King Tides in Montecito

We also were expecting to see much more with the highly anticipated King Tides. To me, it was pretty much the same-ol' same-ol' except the water level was a tad higher, but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. I suppose for some folks it was impressive, and the event of their lifetime. For me.....not so much (on a scale of ten: 3 or 3.5 at best).

PitMix Nov 16, 2020 12:50 PM
King Tides in Montecito

Wait until these high tides are combined with some wave action. Buy the house across the street from the current coastline and just wait a few years, you will have ocean front property.

Sail380 Nov 16, 2020 03:27 PM
King Tides in Montecito

Get out and explore the tide pool's during the King Low Tides. Lots of exciting stuff to see

goletatim Nov 16, 2020 07:42 PM
King Tides in Montecito

Now this is an informative comment. I'll go Low. Thanks!

Basicinfo805 Nov 16, 2020 07:55 PM
King Tides in Montecito

King tides are a yawner. Someone's been watching too much KEYT news.